/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taraweeh Prayer (How To)

Germanrose20
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM
So, This Ramadan will be my first Ramadan, and I was wondering, how do you perform the Taraweeh Prayer? I will have the first week in Kuwait with my Unit, but I am the only Muslim here. I know that we are supposed to recite the Quran during the prayers, but I wanted clarification, since I have no one around me at the moment (at least until I get home in the states) who can sit down and explain it completely.

Do you only recite one Surah and then go to perform your bow and prostration? or do you recite more than one Surah?
Do you recite the Al-Fatiha Surah before every recitation of different Surahs?

I do hope I am making some sense here. And Insha'Allah someone can help me.

Salaam Aleikum:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Makky
08-16-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Germanrose20
So, This Ramadan will be my first Ramadan, and I was wondering, how do you perform the Taraweeh Prayer? I will have the first week in Kuwait with my Unit, but I am the only Muslim here. I know that we are supposed to recite the Quran during the prayers, but I wanted clarification, since I have no one around me at the moment (at least until I get home in the states) who can sit down and explain it completely.

Do you only recite one Surah and then go to perform your bow and prostration? or do you recite more than one Surah?

I do hope I am making some sense here. And Insha'Allah someone can help me.

Salaam Aleikum:D

Wa Alaykum Assalam SisterI

Congratulation on your convertion , may Allah accept us as Good Slaves and grant us guidance and happiness in both lives.

I was little bit confused when you stated that you are the only muslim here !! where in Kuwait!! but when i read your post again it seems to me that you are In a closed Unit! right? the Army? WOW! subhan Allah.

Its up to you you can recite more than one surah , one or more its OK.

No, for each time you stand you should recite Al-fatiha once then recite whatever you want to then go to perform your bow and prostration. and then stand up again to do the same as you did in the 1st time. after the 2nd prostration. sit and recite the Tashahod then finish your prayer like any prayer with Assalam Alaykum wa rahmatullah right and left.

do the same as you did for 4 times with different surahs if you want.. so the total are 8 Rak3a , its not obligatory to pray Taraweeh or to pray a definite number of raka3at (plural of rak3a).

after that you can pray three rak3at with intermediate Tashahod or without (both are OK) this prayer is Called witr, the tanslation of the word witr is (odd which is contrary to the word EVEN ) even in arabic= Shaf3...
and 3 is an indication for an arabic letter which you don't have a similar letter in english .. you need to hear it from some arabs and you have many in Kuwait..

now the total numbers of Raka3at are 11.. GOOD?!

may Allah accept from you sister and choose you to pray well in Ramadan specially in the last 10 days specially on that night called (laylat Alqadr) which is better than (Alf shar) = better than 1000 monthes.

in which the revelation of the Quran started from more than 14 centuries .

jazaki Allah khairn and may allah accept from you your prayers and your fasting

I advise you to ask some elder sisters ( pick a knowlegable one) about the fasting conditions for women as its your 1st ramadan.

Assalam Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Germanrose20
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Asalaamu Aleikum Makky,

Yes sister, I am in the military, although I am in the Air Force. We do not have any opportunities to go off-base and see the local area, so it would be very hard to ask a knowledgeable sister, much less get in touch. But Alhamdullilah I stumbled upon Forum, o I decided to post my question here.
Shukran for you awnser, it will help me in performing the Taraweeh Prayer. There is so much material out there pertaining to it, but nothing I found really broke it down into detail.
Insha'Allah if I am able to return on time, I should be back in the Staates for the second week of Ramadan and then I will be able to contact my sisters there. (I already sent them an email, but to date have not received a response)

Again, Thank you very much for your response, May Allah (swt) bless you for your kindness.

Waleikum Salaam

Makky
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Germanrose20
Asalaamu Aleikum Makky,

Yes sister, I am in the military, although I am in the Air Force. We do not have any opportunities to go off-base and see the local area, so it would be very hard to ask a knowledgeable sister, much less get in touch. But Alhamdullilah I stumbled upon Forum, o I decided to post my question here.
Shukran for you awnser, it will help me in performing the Taraweeh Prayer. There is so much material out there pertaining to it, but nothing I found really broke it down into detail.
Insha'Allah if I am able to return on time, I should be back in the Staates for the second week of Ramadan and then I will be able to contact my sisters there. (I already sent them an email, but to date have not received a response)

Again, Thank you very much for your response, May Allah (swt) bless you for your kindness.

Waleikum Salaam
there is something you missunderstood , I advised you to ask a sister about fasting conditions for women because i'm not A sister , Alhamdulillah I can reach scholars here in Egypt so Insha Allah for any question you want I can bring you the answer with the sources and evidence. and for the women questions about fasting i prefer you ask sisters about it , as sisters togerther talk without feeling embarrased .

If you have any question about Taraweeh don't hesitate to post it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Germanrose20
08-18-2008, 03:58 AM
AHHH!
Ok, Now I am SOOOO Embarrased! :-[

I apologize profoundly Brother, I meant no offense. I did not look at your profile on the Side of the Page besides your name. I promise you I will not make the same mistake. :X

If I have any more questions about prayer, I will make sure I ask you.
Thank You.

Salaam Aleikum

MoAhmed
08-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Salam :)

That makes the the two of us German, altough im not a convert very pleased to hear
you are, i am planning on making this my first ramadan in which i try to complete Taraweeh prayer each night of the ramadan inshallah.

Germanrose20
08-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Waleikum Salaam

Shukran Brother, Insha'Allah, you will be able to be steadfast in your prayers and fast.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.