/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Respecting the Scholars

cute123
08-16-2008, 01:11 PM
:sl:

This just comes to me as i read the biography of Imam Bukhari (rahimullah)
I feel its our duty to take their names with respect such as when mentioning their names we should use Imam Bukhari (rahimullah) , Imam Maalik (rahimullah) they are the lights for this ummah.

It feels disgraced and as if there is no value of theirs and their work when we see their names written as bukhari . They are not amongst the common people. We cant even imagine what they went thru and the level of iman and knowledge that they had.

So a humble request to respect the scholars when mentioning their names.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-16-2008, 01:18 PM
of course all the tip top scholars, the collectors of sihah as sutta and the scholars of the madhaabs should all be respected!

all scholars should be respected, like some scholars might make a teeny weeny mistake and people make it into a mountain, like nearly most scholars have summin to benefit from, if you can benefit from them and leave their mistakes simple! no need to waste time doin speechs and all that "refutin" them lol

cute123
08-17-2008, 06:26 AM
very true chacha jalebi

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-17-2008, 06:51 AM
:wasalamex

May Allah reward you sister! Thanks for the reminder

When we meet a man who is rich, wealthy, or who is a know PhD or something like, we immediately start saying words of respect. And that are only worldly sciences in which they advance. Not to mention wehn we meet someone who's friends with someone famous. Our 'ulama are the ones whom Allah loves, who are inheritors of the prophets, and they are the ones who answered (and still answer) our questions regarding our path to Jannah, based on the Qur'an and Sunnah. Enough reasons... Once, shaykh Safet mentioned this: You must remember that blood and sleepless nights were the price for this deen to come to us, by Allah's grace. And that's what we have to respect and have in mind, and not be heedless. We can't throw away something that valuable.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
08-17-2008, 07:25 AM
:sl:

Great thread sis! :)

These Scholars worked so hard for us and we have everything on our plates but don't be thankful to them... The least we can do is not to reject them... Also, someone just told me this the other day, we should pray Yasin or any thing for them and ask Allah to send the reward to them inshallah. :)

:w:

cute123
08-17-2008, 09:17 AM
exactly akhee abdul majeed , you put into words what i wanted to say. May Allah reward you too. I just cant say anything more if possible plz read this book 'The biography of Imam Bukharee (rahimullah) Compiled by Sallahud Deen Ibn Alee Ibn Abdul Maujood Translated by Faisal Shafeeq. Its available in Darussalam.

Imam Bukhari (rahimullah) compiled Sahih Al Bukhari in 16 years. He authored Al Jaami As Sahee (Sahih Al Bukhari) with a choice of six hundred thousand Ahadeeth. Whenever Imam Bhukhari (rahimullah) intended to include a Hadeeth in Al Jaami As Saheeh he first took a shower and then performed two units of prayer , asking Allah Subhana wa tallah to help him decide whether or not he should include that Hadeeth in his compilation. He performed two units of prayer not only for every Hadeeth he included but also for every chapter title that he composed.

This is the way Saheeh al Bukhari reached us and has stood the test of time. The trials and tribulations they faced inspite of being so loved and dear to Allah Tallah , i mean it hurts and feel ashamed of what we are doing with; what is being bought to us as sis crazy_lady said everything is being given to us as a things decorated in a plate.

They are all high above then what we can even imagine.

May Allah bless all the scholars . Ameen

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.