/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Plan a Life with Zero Regrets

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 02:08 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

You begin on a journey, thinking that you are about to live the life of your dreams.

Along the way, you meet other people who have reached their destination, and they aren’t happy.

You keep telling yourself, “But I’m different….”

Then, you arrive at your destination, and much to your dismay, you aren’t content.

Guilt begins to eat away at your heart, as you realize you should be grateful to Allah Taala for all that you have, but secretly, and quietly, you are suffering. You aren’t happy. In fact, you are sad…

What can you do to prevent this scenario?

P.S. I will give you some of reps if you can post to answer, Insha'Allah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-16-2008, 02:30 PM
remember that you might think that this is your destination but in reality it isnt :D

one best advice one of my kooler teachers gave me was

your life is a journey, travel safely, because your destination is jannah

your life is journey - life is long and full of trials

travel safely - be aware of sins and that

destination jannah - erm a bit obvious:p

sister dont despair, there may be good out there for you, Allah (Swt) knows best, just be content and have patience:D

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
remember that you might think that this is your destination but in reality it isnt :D

one best advice one of my kooler teachers gave me was

your life is a journey, travel safely, because your destination is jannah

your life is journey - life is long and full of trials

travel safely - be aware of sins and that

destination jannah - erm a bit obvious:p

sister dont despair, there may be good out there for you, Allah (Swt) knows best, just be content and have patience:D
Hmmm, what can I say? Well I can give you some of reps for first post! :p

Anyway, Jazaak'Allah Khair.

Re.TiReD
08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah
You begin on a journey, thinking that you are about to live the life of your dreams.

Along the way, you meet other people who have reached their destination, and they aren’t happy.

You keep telling yourself, “But I’m different….”

Then, you arrive at your destination, and much to your dismay, you aren’t content.

Guilt begins to eat away at your heart, as you realize you should be grateful to Allah Taala for all that you have, but secretly, and quietly, you are suffering. You aren’t happy. In fact, you are sad…

What can you do to prevent this scenario?
Ask yourself what your destination is and whether its what you really want and what you as a Muslim should be striving for. The real end we want is Jannah so strive to get there and you'll never be disappointed at the result bi'ithnillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Ask yourself what your destination is and whether its what you really want and what you as a Muslim should be striving for. The real end we want is Jannah so strive to get there and you'll never be disappointed at the result bi'ithnillah.
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah good answer! *Pat your back* Give you some of reps! :p

highway_trekker
08-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Agree with sister Joliefleur...

Think of yourself on a boat, the sea being the dunyaa with trials and the shore your destination-the aakhirah. You will face storms, moves you regret making, learn from your mistakes, pick up again and steer the boat safely until you reach where you want to get to. Sometimes sister, the strongest people are those who make mistakes and regret and turn back to Allaah. I see adversity as building character. Every friction increases the shine. But like the sister above said, if you take the path to Jannah, understand and comprehend fully what consequences and successes that will bring and make your way towards the aakhirah, living for it, seeking it and working towards it...you shouldnt regret that Inshaa'Allaah...

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Agree with sister Joliefleur...

Think of yourself on a boat, the sea being the dunyaa with trials and the shore your destination-the aakhirah. You will face storms, moves you regret making, learn from your mistakes, pick up again and steer the boat safely until you reach where you want to get to. Sometimes sister, the strongest people are those who make mistakes and regret and turn back to Allaah. I see adversity as building character. Every friction increases the shine. But like the sister above said, if you take the path to Jannah, understand and comprehend fully what consequences and successes that will bring and make your way towards the aakhirah, living for it, seeking it and working towards it...you shouldnt regret that Inshaa'Allaah...
Masha'Allah! Beautiful answer!! Jazaak'Allah Khair, sister.

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Steadfastness in the religion of Allah Taala is a basic requirement for every sincere Muslims who wants to follow the Straight Path with determination and understanding.

If you want to know the value of this in standing firm, then ask yourself: why have so many people, in the past and nowadays, been led astray? Why have they become confused? Why have their feet not stood firm on the Straight Path? Why did they not die following it, or why did they come to it so late in life, after wasting so much precious time?

But think about it: has any follower of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah ever turned his back on this way in discontent after he has come to know and understand it? People may abandon it because of their whims and desires, or because of doubts if their understanding is weak, but no one has left because he saw something more correct or because he thought this way was wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.