/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When things become unbearable...

Re.TiReD
08-16-2008, 03:35 PM
:salamext:

When things become unbearable, turn to Allah

Ibn al-Jawzi said:

"Something was causing me a great deal of grief and distress, and I started to think long and hard about how to get out of this situation by any means, but I could not find any way out. then I came across this verse:

'...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out [of every difficulty].' (65:2)

I realised that Taqwa (Piety, fearing Allah) is the way out of every kind of grief and distress. As soon as I followed the path of taqwa, I found the way out."

I say: for the wise men, taqwa is the way that leads to everything good, for calamity happens only as a result of sin, and it can only be lifted through repentance. Sadness, grief and worry are punishments for sins that you have committed, by falling short in your prayers, or backbiting about a Muslimah, or taking the matter of hijab lightly, or committing a haram (forbidden) action. Whoever goes against the laws of Allah, the Almighty, has to pay the price for that shortcoming. The One Who created happiness is the Most Gracious Most Merciful, so how can you seek happiness from anyone other than Him? If people had control over happiness, there would be no deprived or grieving person left on earth.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
08-16-2008, 03:42 PM
:salamext:

'...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out [of every difficulty].' (65:2)
I love this verse :D

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 03:46 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Subhan'Allah!! Keep it come up.

You are brilliant!!

Re.TiReD
08-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Wa'alaykum salam warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

JazakAllahu Khayran for the replies fishters :D

I might continue tomorrow now insha'Allah since it takes time to type em up and make em look nice :D :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 03:54 PM
wa iyakki ukthee!

Look to forward to read your beautiful posts! Insha'Allah.

Re.TiReD
09-21-2008, 09:20 PM
*bump*

And please click the pretty pink face in my sig to read more from the book :)

Na7lah
09-21-2008, 09:22 PM
can u beleive i still haven;t got my book back? :ooh:
i think she's too attached :D

Re.TiReD
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
can u beleive i still haven;t got my book back? :ooh:
i think she's too attached :D
Lol subhanAllah. Its coz its a fab book huh? :p

I couldnt type it all up anyway..

Danah
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Whoever goes against the laws of Allah, the Almighty, has to pay the price for that shortcoming.
so how can you seek happiness from anyone other than Him?
sooo true sister Jolie, subhan allah I have experianced these two above things
jazaki allah khair for sharing .........always as expected from your post

Re.TiReD
09-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Aww wa iyaaki sis! *wub*

May Allah (swt) bless you in abundance and shower upon you His mercy. Ameen!

- IqRa -
07-08-2009, 12:14 PM
And He did. SubhanAllah. Jazak Allah Khair sister

ajnabee
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
:sl:

a wonderful thread hafsah, jazakillah khair.

and jazakillah khair sis t.i.a for bumping it, would not have read it otherwise n its a much needed reminder right now. thank you. :)

thaffyy
06-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Salaams Just wanted to ask which book this quote is from?
JazakAllah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.