/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 details to be released

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 05:55 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

A first glimpse at the technology inside the next version of Windows will be given in October.

Microsoft has said that engineering information about Windows 7 will be shared with attendees at two technical conferences it runs.

Windows 7 developers will show off their work at both the Professional Developers Conference and the Windows Hardware Engineering Conference.

Based on Vista, Windows 7 is expected to be released in January 2010.

The announcement about the unveiling was made on a new Windows 7 blog written by engineers putting the software together.

Before now details about Windows 7 have been scant. Writing on the blog the two senior engineers on the project, Jon DeVaan and Steven Sinofsky, said this was because Microsoft did not want to talk up features that never make it to the final product.

It was also wary, it said, of talking about features and technologies in a way that would cause confusion among its partners.

Microsoft has also been reluctant to talk about Windows 7 as it continues to promote Windows Vista as its flagship operating system.

What is known about Windows 7 is that it will use components from Vista at its core and that it will have a touch interface that, with the appropriate screen, can recognise gestures to complete tasks. For instance pinching the screen could be used to close documents or manipulate images.

Industry experts have speculated that Windows 7 will also have more virtualisation technologies onboard as well as tools that make it easier for people to get at their data and programs as they use different machines.

Source from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7562720.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islamic Brother
08-16-2008, 06:00 PM
MAN I LOVE COMPUTERS....!
I CANT WAIT FOR WINDOWS 7 TO COME OUT
I ALSO LOVE BILGATES AND MICROSOFT

:salamext:

fatima_01
08-17-2008, 12:33 AM
god they take out the same thing each time just change sum of the settings nuttin majors :p half the people dnt even knw wats goin on in computers ( i dnt):p

qassy!
08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Microsoft will release Windows 7 in 2011 / 2012, this is because Microsoft cant stick to deadline etc, etc even Microsoft Windows Vista was pushed back a few years, but I guess its not a bad thing.

It has been speculated Microsoft Windows 7 has been in development, at the same time as Windows Vista therefore Microsoft may meet the deadline. Anyway they need to make sure this operating system, is stable like Windows XP, as everyone knows Windows Vista is not quite there yet for for computers which require networking.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.