/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lecture ideas anyone?

ayan333
08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
:sl:

Insh ALLAH saturday i will be presenting a lecture or project on a topic,Islamic of course but i wanted yalls oponion...i hve something picked out but i not sure
any ideas???

its jus has to be intresting and to the point,with maybe a video or side lecure realted to the topic to go along with it

Insh ALLAh ill be waiting

JazakALLAH Khair

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
08-17-2008, 10:51 PM
It depends on the age group, whats the age group ?

The_Prince
08-18-2008, 12:52 AM
aliens in Islam.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
It depends on the age group, whats the age group ?

17-23 age group

format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
aliens in Islam.
sure

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver Pearl
08-18-2008, 06:55 AM
:salamext:

The need to return to the Qur'aan-You can talk about how there isn't a love for the Qur'aan in our era. That those who seek the fruits of becoming haafidh are few but those who hide under the banner of 'Seeking 'Ilm' are many. And how many of the 'Ulaama pursued 'Ilm and did not start with hifdhul Qur'aan?

The gap in the bridge-You can talk about family relationship, the gap between the older generation and youths. The Islaamic outlook on how such issues should be handled. Something along those lines.

The Unforgettable-You can look at various Islaamic history that has made a major Impact. It can be anything from the battle of Badr to the Ottoman Empire or anything more recent.

I hope that is of some benefit. Inshaa'Allaah your lecture goes well.

Islamic Brother
08-18-2008, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by silver pearl
:salamext:

the need to return to the qur'aan-you can talk about how there isn't a love for the qur'aan in our era. That those who seek the fruits of becoming haafidh are few but those who hide under the banner of 'seeking 'ilm' are many. And how many of the 'ulaama pursued 'ilm and did not start with hifdhul qur'aan?

the gap in the bridge-you can talk about family relationship, the gap between the older generation and youths. The islaamic outlook on how such issues should be handled. Something along those lines.

the unforgettable-you can look at various islaamic history that has made a major impact. It can be anything from the battle of badr to the ottoman empire or anything more recent.

i hope that is of some benefit. Inshaa'allaah your lecture goes well.
i agree with silver pearl :D :D

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
:wasalamex:

Respected sister,

Are they Muslims? If yes, then are they practicing Muslims?

nocturne
08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Assalamualaikum,

I think "Love in Islam" will be a great topic.

At that age, they wont be bothered about the here after. I think more could be educated to the youth on relationship between the sexes.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
:wasalamex:

Respected sister,

yes Alhamulliah they are Muslims,but some are more practicing then others
Are they Muslims? If yes, then are they practicing Muslims?
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
Assalamualaikum,

I think "Love in Islam" will be a great topic.

At that age, they wont be bothered about the here after. I think more could be educated to the youth on relationship between the sexes.

SubhanALLAH,i truly love all these ideas.JazakALLAH Khair

but...jus a while back i read and listen to lectures about hell which Alahmdulilah cought my attention.after a while i heard this lecture,on the deen show about "Description of Pardise" which SubhanALLAH,i cannot explain...im not even a emotional perosn,cant cry for nothing,but i was in tears the whole day,it softened my heart Alhamdulilah...my heart hurts wen i think about it(in a good waythat is) when he mentioned how ALLAH (SWA) will tell you HE (SWA) missed you.SubhanALLAH cannot even began to explain the feeling,SubhanALLAH...but then i thought to myself *y do plp concentrate on hell when talking to the youth?*...i mean with me perosnally if had seen that video earlier,i would have been a much better,but i accpeted it...

so i was thinking i should do a lecture about Jannah..its many rewards and show the video that completely with out a doubt change my life

heres the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt2gSQCa4Tc

hope u love it the way i do!

but now that i have the main point i woudl love help from yall with info,anything that greatly effected you after hearing or reading it pertaining to jannah.like with me it was ALLAH (SWA) saying HE (SWA) missed us.wow..still cant seam to grasp it.Truly great SubhanALLAH

ok ill be checking later Insh ALLAH so please help,anything would be greatly appreciate it

and May ALLAH (SWA) all of you,because this board has helped me in so many was.unexplainable

should i add hell to it or jus stick with Jannah?

JAzakALLAH Kair everyone

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
:wasalamex

My suggestion would then be: tawheed, the greatness of Allah. I never felt more peace and khushoo' in salah as when I read about tawheed and the greatness of Allah. But, also, when I started a day or two ago reading about some rewards in Jannah, I got the iman-boost for some more work. :D

Anyway, the Jannah and Jahannam topics are great.

Do you think you'd manage to talk about both, because that are wide topics? If yes, then maybe it wouldnt' be bad to mention Jannat and Jahannam, just as to all of us both of them will be showed in barzakh, when we will see our destination which will increase our happiness/grieve, and then we will be shown what missed us, so that our happiness or grieve will be even more increased.

I hope you get me. :D

ayan333
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM

yes shukran,i get you compeltly...yes i would like to mention both in 2 and half time frame,the and maybe show a video that gets staright to the point,very emotion,very touching,something that would hit them hard,effect them seincerly and isnt hard to understand...i ws thinking of showing clips instead of whole lectures cuz i no theres alot of good lectures/videos that have specific part that would go by my criteria

ok if you have any videos/lectures,articles or anything that u would like to contribute to my lecture plz feel free to,i promise i wnt reject anything

kALLAH khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Yes, I think that it's inshaAllah better to cut out only some parts of lectures or show clips.

At this moment I'd recommend you The Last Breath... It could as an intro, you know: first comes death. :D That would make them aware and they'll listen inshaAllah more carefully. But it would also be could to have another clip as outro, so that, if it happens that their attention falls with time, the outro brings them back to life, and reminds one more time. There's that clip with a young man having a heart attack in front of his PC, not bad.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM

Yes, I think that it's inshaAllah better to cut out only some parts of lectures or show clips.

At this moment I'd recommend you The Last Breath... It could as an intro, you know: first comes death. :D That would make them aware and they'll listen inshaAllah more carefully. But it would also be could to have another clip as outro, so that, if it happens that their attention falls with time, the outro brings them back to life, and reminds one more time. There's that clip with a young man having a heart attack in front of his PC, not bad.

SubhanALLAH...were can i find this

Abdul Fattah
08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Selam aleykum
Hard question without a background. Some things you should consider when choosing your topic: Are you going to give the lecture to muslims or non-muslims? Do they have some basic knowledge of Islam? Are they already interested in Islam or not? Do they live in an Islamic country? Where will you be giving the lecture? In school? Is it a catholic shool, public school? Will the teacher allow you to pretty much go anywhere or should you be ready and anticipate replies? Is the group mixed gender?

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
:wasalamex my respected sister!

Here's one version of "The Last Breath": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7_N3WL-oU

There are many versions, this is the first I saw, and I like it most. That with the player who dies in the clip really happened, so it's even more impressive. The other one is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxv7rPactzg

Both of these clips come from Studio-Din.com which is a bosnian site. Please try not to cut out their intro, if you can't find other versions, other then these.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Selam aleykum
Hard question without a background. Some things you should consider when choosing your topic: Are you going to give the lecture to muslims or non-muslims?

Muslims Alhamdulilah

Do they have some basic knowledge of Islam?

Yes they do
Are they already interested in Islam or not?

Yes of course,its a meeting i have with sister who wanna learn n gain knowledge,so yes Mash|ALLAH they do

Do they live in an Islamic country?

not by any means...although there are alot of Muslims Alhadmuliah..america

Where will you be giving the lecture? In school?
little group..wow,at school i wish...that would be so cool but so hard.since majority believe were all terroriest.although some are open minded

Is it a catholic shool, public school?
not a school

Will the teacher allow you to pretty much go anywhere or should you be ready and anticipate replies? Is the group mixed gender?
sister only

now that ive answered ur question hopefully u can help me Insh ALLAH

JazakALLAH Khair

ayan333
08-18-2008, 10:27 PM
:wasalamex my respected sister!

Here's one version of "The Last Breath": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7_N3WL-oU

There are many versions, this is the first I saw, and I like it most. That with the player who dies in the clip really happened, so it's even more impressive. The other one is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxv7rPactzg

Both of these clips come from Studio-Din.com which is a bosnian site. Please try not to cut out their intro, if you can't find other versions, other then these.

MashALLAH,JazakALLAh khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM

May Allah reward you with good in both worlds, respected sister!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-18-2008, 10:36 PM

Tazkiyatun-Nafs. Purification of the Soul. Because the age group is either in high school and/or college, and speaking about purifying the soul will help the youth of this age group against the fitan surrounding them.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM

ok this is what i have so far
Opening Dua pertaining to subject:?

Opening video:Last breath

Introduction to subject (Jannah): i have it

should i start with Jannah or Hell?

Video about Jannah: already have it

Introduction to subject (hell): dnt have it

rest i dnt have.as in "rest" i mean wut ever yal would like to contrubute or think shoul dbe includes

still looking for clips of audio that get straight to the point quick
info about hell.now,i no wut ur thinking,jus google hell,how hard can it be?...but i want to get these girls attention,have a long lasting effect on them...things that will hit home...things that will catch their attentions and a script that will have them begging for more...get it?

ok JzakALLAH Khair

dnt think im jus using you all,cuz it mite seam like it...but im actually giving you the opputunity to help me change these girls...remember you will get rewarded for what ever these girls get out of this lecture.

ok JzakALLAH Khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm sorry, sister, but how much time do you have for the presentation? If you don't ajve much time, then you maybe shouldn't speak about Jannah and Jahannam, i.e. both of them. Also, if it's not too late to think about it: have yu thought about a lecture about death?

ayan333
08-18-2008, 10:56 PM

May Allah reward you with good in both worlds, respected sister!
Ameen

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM

I also forgot: there are beautiful Qur'an recitations out there, use that too, in sha Allah. But, first you'll have to make a concept of the lecture, a plan then in sha Allah you can add things.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 11:01 PM

I'm sorry, sister, but how much time do you have for the presentation? If you don't ajve much time, then you maybe shouldn't speak about Jannah and Jahannam, i.e. both of them. Also, if it's not too late to think about it: have yu thought about a lecture about death?

ummm i have 2 or 3 hours give or take..dnt worry i wnt be giving a big lecture,i wnt really tal,jus notes her and their,things i would like to stress but mostly itll be jus a presentation with majority clips from video n audio,lectures...that y i need yall help Insh ALLAH

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-18-2008, 11:03 PM

OK. As far I remember, it's not OK to give too long lectures, as the person gets tired after some time, physically.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 11:10 PM

OK. As far I remember, it's not OK to give too long lectures, as the person gets tired after some time, physically.

yes i understand,but i no my group n their eager to learn...plus we always stop to discuss any questions we have or anything we would like to share,so trsut me i wnt be doin alot of talking

its like the one whose giving the lecture talks less since everyone want to add their 2 cents,which btw is a good thing

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
:wasalamex my respected sister,

OK, if it's so, then ma sha Allah, I didn't know that about your group, that's great ma sha Allah.

So, how far are you with your lecture?

ayan333
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
:wasalamex my respected sister,

OK, if it's so, then ma sha Allah, I didn't know that about your group, that's great ma sha Allah.

So, how far are you with your lecture?

the things i stated above r wut i have in mind,nothing official though

i was thinking i should jus focus on one thing,therefore i can get into detail with out having to rush

so i pick Jannah topic...final answer

anything u would like to add to the lecture plz do,not jus suggestions but actual material...like if u want to share a video or lecture,or artcle or any work make it available for plz iwth a link or directly,either way would be great

JazakALLAH Khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-19-2008, 08:41 PM

May Allah reward you too, respected sister.

Right at the moment I remembered shaykh al-Islam Ibn al-Qayyim description of Paradise: http://abdurrahman.org/finaljourney/haadiAlArwaah.html

I googled something and stumbled upon this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_QHjVrEQXk (haven't watched it yet)

ayan333
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM

May Allah reward you too, respected sister.

Right at the moment I remembered shaykh al-Islam Ibn al-Qayyim description of Paradise: http://abdurrahman.org/finaljourney/haadiAlArwaah.html

I googled something and stumbled upon this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_QHjVrEQXk (haven't watched it yet)

Mash ALLAH that was great..the txt was used in a video that i watched,Shukran

JazakALLAH Khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM

'Afwan laki, ya ukhti, may Allah reward you too.

Here's a link more: http://abdurrahman.org/finaljourney/index.html#paradise

ayan333
08-19-2008, 09:49 PM

i was thinking about using this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKhJ...eature=related

wut do yall think?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.