/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~~Favourite Food During Ramadan mmm~~

Güven
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM
:sl:

So Whats your favourite Food During Ramadan ???????
and Whats Your Favourite In the Morning ?? :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Soulja Girl
08-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Morning:
Tea & 2 Cookies! :D

Breaking fast time:
Samosas/Spring Rolls/Pastries... You know, the usual fried food?

Dinner:
Erm, depends, sometimes we don't have dinner in Ramadhan, if we do, it'd be Pasta or Noodles or Stir Fry... Get the jist?

:w:

Güven
08-18-2008, 06:20 PM

anyway In the Morning I always have Thea and some toast..lol

Breaking fast Would be usualy with dates and soap...

My favourite Dinner Would be "Sarma"(filled Whineleaves ,You know what I mean :p)

Nájlá
08-18-2008, 06:24 PM
in the morning i always have a cup of tea, glass of water and toast.

breaking fast 2 dates, soup and a glass of water or samosas insted of soup.

and for dinner i dont know.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Cheese samboosak, hands down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambusac

So so good.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
wow i keep it simple,i dnt eat sambosa,or naythin else really

i stick with cereal yum yum yum

SubhanALLAH, i use to hate dates but now that Alhamdulilah my love for Prohpet Mohammed (saw) has grown,their great...yummy in the tummy

y all these catigories...i brake my fast with wut ill be eating,of course dates and then cereal...cereal is dinner..theres only one dinner...atleast with me

sounds filling...make sure yoou can stand up for Tarweeh

make sure teh food is Halal..for those who eat out or wut not,dnt wana break fast with haram food

Pk_#2
08-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Chick peas and spring rolls. Asian food, y'know the greasy stuff that makes you fat in Ramadhan.

north_malaysian
08-21-2008, 02:56 AM
For Suhoor - tomato sandwiches, big mug of Milo (chocolate drink) and a large glass of plain water...

For Iftaar - dates, plain water, noodles and watermelon juice.

For "Moreih" (after Taraweeh prayers) - karipap (a Malaysian pastry) and Milo...

AnonymousPoster
09-11-2008, 07:55 PM
This is the 3th Ramadhan spent here and if in the previous 2 years we had 2 delicious food threads, this year we have none.
I don't understand why :(
Would not like a member to open the thread if its allowed :?

Mikayeel
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Thread approved

InshAllah next time place the thread in the right section :), its not a problem now though cuz i will move it to the general section :D

BarakAllahu feek

Na7lah
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
we did have a thread for that, it got closed though

Güven
09-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Did Someone Say Food ?? :D

There was This "Post YOur Iftar" Thread But Got Closed:mmokay:

And I opened This Thread A While Ago :D
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...madan-mmm.html

Nájlá
09-12-2008, 09:23 PM
soo erm which thread are we going to use now since we've got two.

and yeh please dont go off topic just post ur food and do less chit chat :D :X
otherwise they will get closed down :D

Mikayeel
09-12-2008, 09:32 PM

I will merge the 2 food threads, but please this time, just say what u like for iftaar, and what ur favourite dishes are. And avoid off topic talks :) This way the thread will last long. :D

Snowflake
09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
asalam alaikum

Whatever I've eaten it's been just enough healthy foods to satisfy me and I've avoided fatty foods this Ramadan and alhumdulillah I'm stronger and slimmer already. That's what ramadan is about part of.. an overall training for the mind, body and soul. What's more is, I am so looking forward to celebrating Eid by really enjoying all the foods I've kept away from during ramadan. It's going to make the Eid feast more special and gives it a real sense of meaning.

Ayan333: make sure yoou can stand up for Tarweeh
that's right sis, eating less makes praying more comfortable too.

Praying salah properly and not rushing is also a great workout and tones and strengthens the body without you even trying.

Mikayeel
09-12-2008, 10:03 PM

This is the only ramadan ive lost weight. Mainly due the fact that i live mostly on dates, and water(or milk). Dates are full of fibre and make u feel full(which is a good thing) so u wont be snacking alot. :)

Güven
09-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah True , Ive Lost 10 kilo's This Months ,Realy !
Its Because I came from turkey wich is 45 Degrees:skeleton: and Then Ramadan :)

Ansariyah
09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
10 kilos..thats alot of weight to lose, within 2 weeks.

Güven
09-12-2008, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
10 kilos..thats alot of weight to lose, within 2 weeks.
Actualy it Happened within 2 Months

bewildred
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
My fave Ramadhan food is:
Three dates and a glass of fermented milk (L'ben???)
1 chicken bourak

I generally drink coffee and tea after Iftar. I love lemon pie.

I already lost 6 pounds since the beginning of Ramadhan.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM

I finally got around to finding some time to cook today and wanted to take a picture to post here and I realize that my camera's battery is dead. Then I discover that I can't find the 'Post your iftar pics' thread..:exhausted Just made this Mexican nacho cheese pasta whilst following a recipe. Don't know how it came out..still gotta wait for Iftaar time though. Just thought I'd share this story of my last couple of hours :phew

Güven
09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
^lol That sounds Nice , Mm "Mexican Nacho Cheese Pasta":statisfie :D

Snowflake
09-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Mexican nacho cheese pasta? I love nacho cheese. And I love pasta. It'd also be a nice treat for my son, who wants to be a chef! inshaAllah.. Can you post the recipe please bro?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM

Ok, I just tasted it and I think it came out pretty much 'good' for the first attempt. Here's the recipe:

At your local super market, check the Mexican food section for a packet of nacho cheese sauce (its usually small and a powder). If you can't find it, then you can get the one by the "hamburger helper" company. The box looks like this and comes with the pasta too. I basically followed the instructions they gave at the back of that box with a few additions by myself. Here's how it goes:

What you Need:

1 lb ground meat. Can be beef, turkey, chicken. I used lamb.

A little bit of oil.

Half an onion. Slice it in thin strips.

2/3 cup of hot water.

2 cups of milk.

The pasta. The macaroni/cheese style ones were the ones I used. You can use around a cup to a cup and a half of them. (They get bigger by the time everything's cooked).

Personal additions: A can of either black beans or red kidney beans (15.5 oz). 1 or 1/2 Red pepper (diced or sliced, up to you, I prefer diced). 1 or 2 Jalapenos if you're into really spicy. And a couple slices of cheddar cheese if you want extra-cheese on top.

What to do:

1) Pour the oil on the pan and warm it. Throw in the onions and wait until they're a bit brownish. Then throw in the ground meat. Let it brown. Make sure you keep an eye on it because the meat will tend to stick the pan.

2) After the meat has browned, pour in the 2/3 cups of hot water, the 2 cups of milk, and packet of the nacho cheese sauce. (If its the 'Hamburger helper' one, add it all, otherwise pay attention to what it says on the packet & add it accordingly.) Then add the UNcooked pasta. Mix everything together. It should all be a liquid at the moment like a semi-thick sauce.

4) Then add in the black/red beans, the red pepper and jalapeno. Mix everything.

5) Bring it to a boil and stir it occasionally as the temperature is rising. You should notice that its thickened a tiny bit.

6) Then lower the heat after its been boiling for like 3-5 minutes. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 14-15 minutes. If you've gotten the correct sauce, then realize that the cheese in it will stick to the bottom of the pan so you're going to have to stir it a couple times during the simmer time. During this time the uncooked pasta should have gotten softer and bigger and more pasta-like :D

7) After the 15 minutes, it should have almost dried up and be mostly thick. At this point, take it off the heat and let it sit like that for a while. Again, if you've been able to get the right sauce, it should thicken further by itself as it cools. You can either add the slices of cheese as soon as you take it off the heat or give it around 3-4 minutes. Then wait for around 15 minutes or until the pasta has thickened and you can finally eat!

Snowflake
09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
asalam alaikum

I didn't realise there'd be any meat in it but that makes it even better then. Can't wait to try it inshaAllah. JazakAllahu khair for the recipe.

truemuslim
09-22-2008, 06:21 PM
wherd this thread go?
hmm... i eat a date, go pray, then come back and finish all the rest with sumthing to drink like water or milk, it actually gets me full. and i actually lose wieght. last ramadan we had pizza and sambosas and stuff like that, this year we do but i dont eat em , dunno why.
my FAVORITE is sambosa, but only my mums, coz everyone else is horrible at making em :D

Güven
09-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I ate Pizza Today :statisfie lol

Danah
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
well...lets see
for the iftar time:
3 or 5 dates with juice or laban...then break*praying magrib*
then its gonna be : pastries, sambosa, rice, pizza....and many many others which I dont know their names...most of them are traditional dishes in our country
but after all its not always the same

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
tooday i get to eat iftar with dates, n water, sum rice nd of course,, ,,,, TUrkish Delight thing!! its called "Aoykoymi" or something liek that, xcept the "A" has no line in the middle...which is strange.....

still got 5 hours tho till i eat ...

yesterday i had water nd a date. nd today im completly full from that alone :p

chacha_jalebi
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
ramadan is over, if we alive we can re open this thread next ramadan :embarrass

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.