/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel ready to provide security to Musharraf?

islamirama
08-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Israel ready to provide security to Musharraf?

Friday, August 15, 2008

By Hamid Mir

ISLAMABAD: Israeli President Shimon Peres is desperately trying to help his friend President Pervez Musharraf and is putting indirect pressure on the coalition government through different diplomatic channels not to impeach him, Foreign Office sources reveal.

The sources claim that Peres wants a safe exit for Musharraf and he is also ready to provide security to his friend outside Pakistan. These sources also claim that Peres and Musharraf are in regular contact with each other for the last three years. Both met first in Davos in January 2005 and since then they have been writing letters to each other and exchanging pleasantries on telephone regularly.

According to the sources, Peres wrote his first-ever official letter to Musharraf in October 2007, appreciating his efforts in the fight against terrorism. Musharraf, in his response, thanked the Israeli president for his support and good wishes. These letters were exchanged through diplomatic channels of Turkey.

Peres called his Pakistani friend again a few days ago. Though the details of their conversation were not available with the Foreign Office yet it is believed that Peres offered his friend some help.

Informed sources are of the view that Israel has strong friendly relations with Turkey and is in a position to provide security to Musharraf in Turkey. One close friend of Musharraf is also busy in lobbying for him in the Jewish lobby in the US these days. This friend of Musharraf has met many leaders of the World Jewish Congress recently. Musharraf even praised this friend publicly in recognition of his services for facilitating him to address the Jewish lobby in New York. This special friend still enjoys ministerial status in Pakistan without being elected and despite the fact that he is an American citizen. It has been learnt that the same friend is requesting his American Jewish contacts to do something for the safe exit of Musharraf through Israeli President Shimon Peres.

Peres had openly said in October 2001 that he prayed for the life of Musharraf every morning as he (Musharraf) had signed his death warrant by changing the Afghan policy of Pakistan. After that, Musharraf also came into contact with the late Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon. He also met Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak in January this year in Paris.

Diplomatic sources claim that Musharraf is the most popular Pakistani leader in Israel. He was the first Pakistani leader who was invited to address the World Jewish Congress in the US in 2005. After that historic event, the then foreign minister of Pakistan Khurshid Kasuri met his Israeli counterpart Silvon Shalom in Turkey in 2005.

Musharraf had asked the Foreign Office in early 2007 to prepare a plan for the recognition of Israel but it did not materialise due to the political turmoil started in March 2007. It is also pertinent to mention here that Indian National Security Adviser MK Narayanan was the first foreign leader to come out openly in support of Musharraf on Wednesday, saying his impeachment would only help extremist elements in the country. The same Indian leader had declared on December 19, 2007 that India could trust Musharraf but not Benazir Bhutto.

Musharraf knows that he is still popular among the Indian and Israeli establishments and has a lot of friends in Western capitals as well. If provided a safe exit, he can find a new role for himself in international diplomacy.

Highly placed sources in the coalition government claim that Musharraf is now completely isolated and he has informed Asif Ali Zardari, through the governor Punjab, that he would resign if provided special indemnity. However, the coalition government is not ready to provide him indemnity and in that case he would face the first-ever humiliating impeachment process, which would definitely make history in Pakistan

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/4504

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
they should just hang this guy musharraf, on public display.

chacha_jalebi
08-19-2008, 02:20 PM
^ ameen!!

he has killed and ruined lifes of many a innocents, its time he got payback!

and i hope this news isnt true!

Questfortruth
08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Believe it or not Musharraf was one of the best leader of Pakistan. Whoever comes next is going to be horrible and destory whatever is left of Pakistan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
08-20-2008, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Believe it or not Musharraf was one of the best leader of Pakistan. Whoever comes next is going to be horrible and destory whatever is left of Pakistan.
Believe it or not majority of Pakistan disagree with you. Ask the thousands of innocents sold to US as "qaeda members", busharaf didn't become a billionaire doing nothing.

north_malaysian
08-20-2008, 03:42 AM
For Malaysians, Musharraf is the destroyer of Pakistan...

Keltoi
08-20-2008, 03:44 AM
I guess we will know whether Musharaf was better than the alternative in about a years time.

Questfortruth
08-20-2008, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Believe it or not majority of Pakistan disagree with you. Ask the thousands of innocents sold to US as "qaeda members", busharaf didn't become a billionaire doing nothing.
Musharraf claimed he had no choice. American officals told him either work with them or they will send Pakistan into stone ages.

Questfortruth
08-20-2008, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I agree Musharraf did do a lot of evil killed innocent people. But he is by far one of the good leaders Pakistan has seen. I am not Pakistani but I talked to quite a few Pakistanis who say Musharraf by far was one of the good leaders.

waji
08-20-2008, 06:22 AM
:sl:
I disagree with Questfortruth Musharraf is one of the bad leaders of Pakistan
He destroyed the image of our Army among the people of Pakistan
He lied to whole nation
:w:

north_malaysian
08-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I agree Musharraf did do a lot of evil killed innocent people. But he is by far one of the good leaders Pakistan has seen. I am not Pakistani but I talked to quite a few Pakistanis who say Musharraf by far was one of the good leaders.
Is it... I think Zia Ul Haq was way better than Musharaf

Amadeus85
08-20-2008, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Because he fought with talebans?

AvarAllahNoor
08-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Is it... I think Zia Ul Haq was way better than Musharaf
He was good for the Sikhs too, Assisted in all the miltary training required by Sikh Freedom Fighters.

جوري
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM
^^ no because and amongst many things he ordered the slaughter of Muslims as is customary to any turd who takes office!

Questfortruth
08-20-2008, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I do not agree with the worlds stance agiasn't Taliban. Taliban was a good government that bought peace and Shariah to Afghanistan.

Izyan
08-20-2008, 05:32 PM
I do not agree with the worlds stance agiasn't Taliban. Taliban was a good government that bought peace and Shariah to Afghanistan.
So the Northern Alliance was imaginary? They didn't fight with them at all

Izyan
08-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Do anybody know who is going to take over or who should take over?

Amadeus85
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I can trust that Musharraf was a bad leader, but why dont you also judge those who were before him and who made a 150 million country a puppet in USA hands.
If pakistan is now what it is, one big mess, so it is not just a fault of one person, Musharraf.
If you really think that taleban type goverment will be best for Pakistan, so I wish you good luck.

Keltoi
08-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I think there too many intelligent and educated people in Pakistan to fall for the Taliban style government trap.

Questfortruth
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
So the Northern Alliance was imaginary? They didn't fight with them at all
Nothern Alliance was a puppet of Iran and Communist states. Right now Nothern Alliance no longer exist because either some joined Taliban or Ahmed Karzai foreign occupation force.

Questfortruth
08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I think there too many intelligent and educated people in Pakistan to fall for the Taliban style government trap.
Majority of the rich and educated Pakistanis are actually backing Taliban in Afghanistan.

Izyan
08-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Nothern Alliance was a puppet of Iran and Communist states. Right now Nothern Alliance no longer exist because either some joined Taliban or Ahmed Karzai foreign occupation force.
Karzai is an Afghan that is the president of Afghanista. How is that a foreign occupation force?

Keltoi
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Majority of the rich and educated Pakistanis are actually backing Taliban in Afghanistan.
Sorry but I don't but that for a second. Care to show some documentation of this?

Questfortruth
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Karzai is an Afghan that is the president of Afghanista. How is that a foreign occupation force?
Karzai is supported by foreign force who made him the leader.

Sorry but I don't but (believe)? that for a second. Care to show some documentation of this?
No!

We are really off topic now. Lets get back to the topic.

Keltoi
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM

No!

I meant I don't "buy" that...typo.

You're right though, it is off topic.

NoName55
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
look at at the blood-lust in posts of these so-called Muslims!!

never seen so much ignorance anywhere but in the most impoverished parts of the world but these so-called educated ones begger belief (they just give me the impression as if they were uprooted from some God-forsaken corner of world, planted in west, given some basic knowledge of English and computer literacy.

Then they discovered DSS bought a PC with dole money and came to LI and started at playing political and religious analysts).

Questfortruth
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

never seen so much ignorance anywhere but in the most impoverished parts of the world but these so-called educated ones begger belief (they just give me the impression as if they were uprooted from some God-forsaken corner of world, planted in west, given some basic knowledge of English and computer literacy.

Then they discovered DSS bought a PC with dole money and came to LI and started at playing political and religious analysts).
HUH! What are you talking about?

Questfortruth
08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
You should really be careful what you say. When you call someone "so-called muslim" you are indirectly calling them non muslim.

Woodrow
08-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Let s cool down a little. I can understand the emotionalism that his topic brings out. But,let us all agree to disagree with mutual respect of each other,

qassy!
08-21-2008, 02:04 AM
How could you say that? His totally crap, messed that country up completely, made such a bad name for all Pakistanis, when it came down to helping USA to stop terrorism.

north_malaysian
08-21-2008, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Nope..because he was a dictator by being both Pakistan's PM and President and sacking of the Chief justice... he wants to control all legislative, judiciary, executive and military too...

waji
08-21-2008, 03:43 AM
This is the position in all Muslim countries where Muslim people are more emotionally attach to Islam like
Turkey, the communist like rule in the country and Armed forces threatens the government if government change this look and even the parties can't keep a name in which Islam is mentioned or the word Islam is used
Egypt, where the judges are controlled by the government
Pakistan, where people like Musharaf tries to control the judges

All over that the west likes and supports the people in the government in these countries

Izyan
08-21-2008, 12:16 PM

No!

You do realize there was an election in Afghanistan right?

Izyan
08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waji
This is the position in all Muslim countries where Muslim people are more emotionally attach to Islam like
Turkey, the communist like rule in the country and Armed forces threatens the government if government change this look and even the parties can't keep a name in which Islam is mentioned or the word Islam is used
Egypt, where the judges are controlled by the government
Pakistan, where people like Musharaf tries to control the judges

All over that the west likes and supports the people in the government in these countries
He wants to control the judges and military so much that he steps down. Smart move.

islamirama
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM
He wants to control the judges and military so much that he steps down. Smart move.
stepped down? HAHAHAHHA

The moron was force down! he already had replaced the judges and military leaders with his puppets. He stepped down so the moron isn't further humiliated by becoming the first Pakistan president to be impeached.

Izyan
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
stepped down? HAHAHAHHA

The moron was force down! he already had replaced the judges and military leaders with his puppets. He stepped down so the moron isn't further humiliated by becoming the first Pakistan president to be impeached.
He who controls the military controls the country. He could have easily said bugger off and used the military to reinforce his rule.

NoName55
08-22-2008, 11:42 PM
some people do not know the very basics of logic.

2+2=5
terrorism=Jihad
treason=we are loyal to khilafah

and so on....

islamirama
08-23-2008, 01:12 AM
He who controls the military controls the country. He could have easily said bugger off and used the military to reinforce his rule.
He already tried that, the result? his army and undercover agents being killed and blown up where ever they were found and no one performing funeral prayer on them. Try to keep up with the news buddy....

08-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Allah knows whats in his heart.

Ya Allah help Pakistan! Ameen :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.