/* */

PDA

View Full Version : repentance

anonymous
08-19-2008, 10:40 AM
What does it mean if you've committed a sin, and feel reaaalllly terrible, and you ask for forgiveness. But than its still weighs on your mind. i mean you know that allah is the most merfciful, etc but there's this nagging feeling that no matter how many times you try push it outta your head, you just cant help but wish you died b4 you committed the sin, or you just think to yourself 'how could i have been so stupid!' and you just try to push them thought outta your head, but to no avail. and these thoughts just blacken your day, and god knows will blacken the rest of your life :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-19-2008, 12:29 PM
why dwell over the past, whats done is done innay :D you made the mistake, and found Allah (Swt) forgivin! stay in that frame of mind, like you found Allah (Swt) as the merciful and the forgivin, like imagine your repentance was accepted then why all the remembrin the past stuff eh eh!!

read these, and at the same time it gives me a chance to promote my stuff :p

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...s-sadness.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...rgiveness.html

Eeman
08-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Salam alaikum,

LOL@chacha nice way of promoting your stuff bro.

dear anon...
Allah swt is the Most Merciful and His mercy is way beyond our scope of understanding...
When one through ignorance commits a sin and then after realises one then has to make sincere repentance and ask Allah swt for forgiveness no matter how big the sin is and plead and beg for Him to forgive... now about these constant thoughts in your mind these are whispers of the accursed shaytaan that is trying to create doubt in your head about the capability and Mercy of the Almighty Lord, I dont know how practising you are but i suggest that you start reading the Quran, read, reflect and comtemplate and then you will see that His Mercy is toooo vast for us to ever be able to apprehend.
So when Allah swt Himself tells us of His Mercy then why you in despair?
Isuggest you need to teach yourself some things about islam and start reading and researching and once you get a total and better understanding then the shaytaan will no longer be able to trick you with such thoughts.

wa salam.

anonymous
08-20-2008, 08:53 AM
thanks bro and sis :)
but i also feel that i dont deserve good things (because of this sinning). well certain good things anyways :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
but i also feel that i dont deserve good things. well certain good things anyways :(
Awww that's so cute, don't think like that! :D :-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.