/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~Friday Nasiha~

Nájlá
08-19-2008, 05:13 PM
:sl:

i hope ur in ur best of emaan and health.

well the title says it all.
soo every friday were gonna share some nashia's.

i'll start it off even though its not friday. but it could be for the friday that have just gone.

Crying Like A Baby

When was the last time you cried like a baby?

We can't afford not to be crying in front of Allah, the Merciful, All-Aware.

Tears flow when we remember how much Allah has blessed us with and how much we disobey Him. We can never repay Allah for everything we have, yet we still blatantly commit sins both big and small: whether it's backbiting, hurting other human beings, not standing up for the truth, treating our family badly, lying, doing good deeds to show off, cheating, etc.

Abdullah ibn Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said he would rather shed two tears from the fear of Allah than give a thousand dinars in charity.

And the most telling example of a man who few would think would cry because of Allah is Umar, may Allah be pleased with him. He was known for being strong, fearless, and uncompromising when it came to matters of faith. Yet, Abdullah ibn Isa said that Umar had two black streaks on his face because of constant weeping.

He feared Allah so much that he once said, "If someone announced from the heavens that everybody will enter Paradise except one person, I would fear that that person would be me."

Umar was one of the strongest believers. Yet he cried and feared Allah. And Abu Bakr, he was simply known for his crying. These people loved to serve human beings in the day and spent time begging God to save humanity at night. May Allah be pleased with them.

Let's be more contemplative and pray for an awareness of and forgiveness for our sins, as well as softness in our hearts. If Umar the brave and pious did it, we have even more need and urgency to do it.

by Abdul Malik Mujahid

:w:
p.s wat do u all think of this thread?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
08-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Nice Thread , MashAllah and a realy Nice Post , jazakAllaah Khair Sis :thumbs_up

Nájlá
08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
wa iyaak akhi

Nájlá
08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
btw nasiha=Advice/reminder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
08-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Mash ALLAH nice thread

so true though...im not very emotional n when i see the Shaiks,Imams ect crying..i mean weeping,them being great Muslims,way better then we are,but yet they weep,SubhanALLAH i felt so low and useless...but Alhamdulilah ALLAH (SWA) has soften my heart,why? because i asked after Salah n in Sajood..n when you actually cry during your Prayer the feeling is undescribable,i could ever describe...

to me it was better then anything in the world,SubhanALLAH the feeling is long lasting,not jus for a moment...it make you feel so great and righteous and leads you to do bette rthings...when ur Salah and intentions are right everything else falls into place.good becomes easier to do and the hard is made harder to do,n life is so much easier

wut ive relized after gioing through this stage is that,you heart is filled with love for ALLAH (SWA) and all that HE (SWA) loves,so at the end of the day you know wut your living for,like before i new i was Muslim,but i think i was jus claiming it as many of us do,its sad cuz these Kufars no more then we do and are a mission to prove us wrong (which will never happen) so if we dnt know our own relgion then our life is jus a waist,miles well jus do wut u likeworst thing would be a loser in this life and in the next

sometime smy Iman is so high that i "believe" im ready for death,SubhanALLAH i no im not but theres times that i jus have to look back on my day n see if i would go to heaven if this was my last day

when plp use to say live ur life as if its your last,and Pray as if its ur farewell Prayer ext. i never took it seriously,but wen u have that mind set,sunhanALLAH ur a winner (Insh ALLAH)

sometimes i jus wna scream out my love Islam,its great...i love when i have a Iman boost

ok :w:

Nájlá
08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
mashallah uktee.

Nájlá
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM

:bump:

anyone going to post an advice/reminder for us?

Güven
08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Surah al-Baqarah (The Cow)
Chapter 2: Verse 165 (Partial)

Ramadan – The Month of Love
"those who have faith (i.e. are Muslims) are stronger in their love for Allah."

Concept of Love

The first thing that is needed is to actually conceptualize what love really is. We all know that love has many manifestations, degrees, and types. The way a child loves his or her parents is not the same as the way a woman may love her husband, and likewise, the way a person may love chocolate, per se, is not the same way a person would love his or her Lord (or at least we hope not). However, in all of these types of love there is a common and key theme, that of sacrifice and fulfillment. The more we love something, the more we are willing to sacrifice for it, and the more we will strive to fulfill the every command and wish of our beloved.

Indeed, sacrifice and fulfillment are from amongst the essential components that make up love, along with longing and cherishing. And this is why we should see that love, along with hope and fear, is a pillar of our worship. Our worship will not be complete or acceptable until it encompasses the right amounts of love, hope, and fear.

Association of Love with Ramadan

It is an individual's love for his/her child and family that will make them wake up in the late hours of the night to prepare a nice meal for suhur (the pre-dawn meal). In the same vein, it is an individual’s love for his community that will drive him to take time off of work to ensure his fellow Muslims have sufficient food for iftar (the meal at sunset). And it is our love for Allah, as Muslims, which drives us to sacrifice the two pinnacles of desire, food and marital relations, for no other reason than the pleasure of our very Creator.

Our love for Allah (glorified and praised is He) does not stop here but, rather, merely just begins. One of the key pillars of loving Allah lies in following the Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, and an exemplary role model he is.

Source:
“Ramadhân: The Month of Love" - Abu 'Abdir-Rahman Mohammad Navaid Aziz

Nájlá
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
jazakallah khair akhi

Güven
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Ameen , Wa Iyaaki Ukhti

Nájlá
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM

The Most Virtuous Deed

The importance of the prayer in Islam cannot be understated. It is the first pillar of Islam that the Prophet (peace be upon him) mentioned after mentioning the testimony of faith, by which one becomes a Muslim. It was made obligatory upon all the Prophets and for all peoples. Similarly, the prayers were made obligatory upon the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) during his ascension to heaven. Furthermore, when Allah praises the believers, such as in the beginning of surah al-Muminoon, one of the first descriptions He states is their adherence to the prayers.

Once a man asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) about the most virtuous deed. The Prophet (peace be upon him) stated that the most virtuous deed is the prayer. The man asked again and again. The first three times, the Prophet (peace be upon him) again answered, "The prayer," then on the fourth occasion he stated, "Jihad in the way of Allah." [This is from a hadith recorded by Ahmad and ibn Hibban.]

The importance of prayer is demonstrated in many of the Prophet’s statement. For example, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani]

The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the most important aspect is one’s relationship to Allah, that is, one’s faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer. Therefore, if the prayers are sound and proper, the rest of the deeds will be sound and proper; and if the prayers are not sound and proper, then the rest of the deeds will not be sound and proper, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself stated.

by Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.