/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Secret to Longevity: Get a Second Wife, Study Says

ajazz
08-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Assalamualykum
found this interesting, but i plan to remain monogamous though!

"Researchers from the U.K.'s University of Sheffield looked at men older than 60 from 140 countries that practice polygamy and found that they lived an average of 12 percent longer than men from 49 monogamous nations, according to a report from the Times of India."

http://tinyurl.com/68ggnh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bewildred
08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Although I have soooooooo many things to say about this study, all i'm gonna say right now is NO COMMENT+o(

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-21-2008, 05:11 PM
:sl:

I think this smiley sums up what I'm thinking: :D:D:D

But seriously, that's a pretty interesting find.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
:wasalamex

Do not rely too much on it. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
08-21-2008, 06:19 PM
edit

Sahabiyaat
08-21-2008, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl:

I think this smiley sums up what I'm thinking: :D:D:D

But seriously, that's a pretty interesting find.

oh u men...............look at the full picture, apart from the one thing you all think about wen it cums to polygamy;

According to the article; So your 80, and you keep fathering children, this will 'motivate' you to live longer (this part i do not understand, as life and death is not controlled by human will), but your going to get old and wrinkly so whos going to look after the house full of babies ......:hmm::confused:, not to mention 2 wives who are at each others throats for the attention of their 'oh so wrinkly and handsome' husband :|

chacha_jalebi
08-21-2008, 06:30 PM
well the research shows islamic laws are just the troooth :D

also i find it really disgustin lol, the way some men contemplate the thought of gettin married again, when they cant fulfill the rights of the 1st wife, how they gona fulfill the 2nd wifes rights! nowadays the men have changed, back in the days, the real men like the sahaba (ra) and salaaf and other goodies has tear bringin reasons to get married again, for a butifull exampleey Hadhrat Umar (Ra) wanted to marry Hadhrat Umm Kulthum ibn Ali (ra), so he could be included in the lineage of the Prophet (Saw) subhanallah!

and the quran tells us to be happy with 1 wife!! butt

nowadays many men marry again for one thin :mmokay: or some stupid reason like she dont look after me! lol whos tha man, you should be lookin after her psssssssssssh

i say :D 1st make your 1st wife the happiest dappiest woman in the world, and then you will be the happiest man in the world, and you wont need another wife, or make your wife happy and then think about 2nd marriage!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-21-2008, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
oh u men...............look at the full picture, apart from the one thing you all think about wen it cums to polygamy;

According to the article; So your 80, and you keep fathering children, this will 'motivate' you to live longer (this part i do not understand, as life and death is not controlled by human will), but your going to get old and wrinkly so whos going to look after the house full of babies ......:hmm::confused:, not to mention 2 wives who are at each others throats for the attention of their 'oh so wrinkly and handsome' husband :|
The smileys were in jest, I assure you.

In fact, I agree with you, the part of living longer doesn't make sense when put together with our belief in Qadr. I believe the Divine Wisdom behind allowing polygamy is something other than this.

Güven
08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
You would Make Your first One Unhappy , If you get a second Wife I Think
Soo try to make the first The Most Happiest Woman In the World ( and Thats Goiiiin To be an super super super Diffucult Task Nowadays lol :p) and stop thinkin ABout a second wife !!

crayon
08-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Someone get me a second wife!!

Oh, wait...:-[

Faye
08-22-2008, 08:46 AM
There could be a lot of other reasons they aren't factoring in, availability of medicine, hygiene, different racial mixes, etc.

Whatsthepoint
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Polygamy is legal in 140 countries??

bewildred
08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Yup +o(

Al-Zaara
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Polygamy is legal in 140 countries??
I don't think it said legal anywhere. Just that it is practiced. People use drugs everywhere in the world, doesn't mean it's legal in that place.

Tania
08-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Who dare to say after that the women are real troublemakers for men :p

Mawaddah
08-23-2008, 04:42 AM
I guess soon we'll see truckloads of brothers telling their wives they need to get a second wife for 'health purposes'.

As far as I can see, having a second wife will add to the stress unlesssssssssss it's one of those (rare) cases in which the wives love each other so much and babysit each others kids and etc.etc.

Not that i'm against polygamy or anything, I actually find it very nice that there are women out there who get along so beautifull with their co-wives and all, but I hate the excuses that people come up with to do it.

BlackMamba
08-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Wouldnt it be hella akward for the 2,3, or4 wives meet n stuff especially if they live togeher. Like I never even thougt of that till know.
But some men need this option to stay outta trouble and I understand

Muezzin
08-23-2008, 01:33 PM
The Secret to Longevity: Get a Second Wife, Study Says
I think a second marriage might accelerate some men's deaths. All that nagging...

Danah
08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think a second marriage might accelerate some men's deaths. All that nagging...
Agree:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.