/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Baby son disturbs prayer

manaal
08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
:sl:

My son, who is 1 1/2 yrs old demands my attention almost every minute he is awake and does not like to be ignored. He gets quite upset when I perform salah and tries his best to get my attention at that time. He has now started to pull my headscarf off my head while I pray.

Today he managed to pull the whole scarf away. So I just put it back on and continued my prayer. This happened 2 more time during the prayer. I finally finished praying and performed sajda sahw.

Did I do right? was the prayer nullified when the headscraf ws pulled away? (and my hair was exposed). I also had to pick it up and put it back on, but I did not turn my face away from qiblah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-21-2008, 11:48 PM

Thread Approved.

If it is possible, i think it would be best to speak to a scholar regarding this Insha'Allah. Please remember that this is not a Fiqh Discussion Board, and we have no Scholars here. JazakAllah Khayr.

:w:

transition?
08-22-2008, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Thread Approved.

If it is possible, i think it would be best to speak to a scholar regarding this Insha'Allah. Please remember that this is not a Fiqh Discussion Board, and we have no Scholars here. JazakAllah Khayr.

How does one contact a scholar?

Rayaan
08-22-2008, 03:42 AM
You can either go to a near my masjid or you can post your question on Islam-qa.com.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-22-2008, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rayaan
You can either go to a near my masjid or you can post your question on Islam-qa.com.
Go to a scholar near you. My lilttle brother does that to my mom and poppa, mainly pops 'cause he hardly see's him during the day and when he come home, he's awake to see him pray Isha and he like jumps on his back and stuff :BeRightBack:

manaal
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I think I'll have to go with islam qa then, because we don't know our masjid imaam personally as we are new here.

Since I'm not familiar with islam qa, can anyone do a search for me and see if the naswer is already there in the archives. May Allah Reward you for your help.

Umu 'Isa
08-22-2008, 12:47 PM
:salamext: sis
This is all I could find on the issue. Insha Allaah it helps :)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/5485/baby%20disturb

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
:wasalamex

Firstly, I'd give a tiny advice: use Google when searching sites. I never get the results I want to see when I use their search engine, on Islam Q&A.

So, when you google, type the words you want to find, then site:islam-qa.com

Note, no space after :

Here's what I found on Islam Q&A, List of things that invalidate the prayer

2 – Uncovering the ‘awrah deliberately. But if it is uncovered by accident and what is uncovered is only a little, or if a lot becomes uncovered but he covers it immediately, then the prayer is not invalidated.

manaal
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
May Allah Reward you both for your efforts.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Ameen, my respected sister, wa iyyaki...

glo
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Perhaps I shouldn't be posting my views here, but I cannot for the life of me believe that Allah would not accept salah performed by a woman who tries to observe her faith and be a good mother at the same time ...

You are doing your very best - surely Allah knows that and will honour it.

(Mods, please delete this post if I am speaking out of turn or am breaking forum rules ... Thank you.)

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-23-2008, 03:34 PM
She's talking about salah, not du'a, which is more specific then prayer.

glo
08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
She's talking about salah, not du'a, which is more specific then prayer.
I know. (I will change the wording in my post to avoid confusion)
My view still remains the same though ...

Why would Allah look disapprovingly at a mother who is doing her best to care for her baby and perform salah in the appropriate manner - and not quite managing to do so perfectly?

I thought it was the intention which is the important thing?

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2008, 06:28 PM
It doesn't matter, keep praying through it.

Remember how The Prophet (saw) used to stop his salah, whenever a child was crying.

Keep praying through it, the cuteness of the child is a blessing not a burden.

Kas1m
08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Children are cute and innocent. Its not like he is doing it on purpose. I have a 10 month old son and whenever you walk away he cries and comes after you. So i think its perfectly fine. Our Prophet pbuh used to hold his grandson and pray in Jamaat

'Abd al-Baari
08-23-2008, 07:48 PM

I think the sister has been given a sufficient answer through the link provided by Umu 'Isa. JazakiAllah Khayr. As this is a Fiqh matter, i'm going to close this thread to prevent opinions posted without correct daleel (proof).

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.