/* */

PDA

View Full Version : guidance

mujaheed
08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
hi all and assalamu alaikum

iv been led a stray in the past, never fasted, never prayed and did alot of bad things that i really dont want to get in to
the devil had a grip on me

after falling very low in ma self and a divorce later decided to get my
act together

and to put it bluntly forgotten everything i had been taught as a child ie prayin sallah ,quran ,fasting scares me ,forgotten wot a masjid looks like from inside

any advice for me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Dont be afraid to go back into a masjid. Youve got nothing to lose but much to gain inshaAllah.
The month of Ramadhan is soon upon us, take the oppurtunity to reform.

Never despair of the mercy of Allah, He is there for you. Call onto Him for guidance and forgiveness and go forward. If you can still remember how to pray salah, then pray and if you cant then learn to pray.
You may find it hard to adapt in some ways, this may take time and that is fine, but in the mean time do not abandon what is obligatory upon you. That includes praying your salah and fasting in ramadhan. Dont let any mistakes youre making put you off, even if you do make mistakes but have a sincere heart then Allah is The Most Merciful.

and if you have any questions or need some kind of support then inshaAllah we will be able to help you :)

Eeman
08-23-2008, 01:35 AM
salam alaikum...
first step seek knowledge... you have access to internet right???
then gosh it's so easy Alhumdullilah... you can actually learn salah online how it's done the actions and everything to go with it... so Insha'Allah start with that...
get a translated version of the Quran if you cannot read in arabic and understand. and recite it ponder, reflect and Insha'Allah slowly start implementing the teachings in your life.
start off by going to jummah prayers in the masjid, become a regular Insha'Allah every fridays, mingle with practising muslim bros if your male or sisters if your female, start interacting with them and make new friends, the people around you are very important and have a huge impact on you so be very careful... the more righteous the crowd you belong in the easy the path for you...

its not going to be easy at the start but stay strong and make LOADSSSSSSSSSSSSS of dua and ask Allah swt for strength and for Him to guide your heart to the straight path and keep on begging for His mercy and repent all the time. but it has to be sincere and done sincerely from the heart.

sorry my head is a bit oozey now so wont be able to write much more for now but if you need any more help pls dont hesitate to contact me.

wa salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.