/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nursing [Uniform] Unislamic?

AnonymousPoster
08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Muslimah's that are doing nursing often complain about covering their arms, where I live there is a policy about wearing sleeveless tops and stuff while working in the nhs etc, obviously this is an issue for muslimah's who would like to cover,

I'm doing clearing at the moment and theres a student that would like to decline the offer because of this,

It's kinda sad because she called up support teams for students in this position and no one helped her,

Do you think she went a bit far? or should she stand by her rights?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
What kind of uniforms do they impose on nurses? are you in the US?
Are you guys not allowed wot wear scrubs?
http://scribbidyscrubs.com/warm_up_jackets.html
alot of ppl were thermal t's beneath their short sleeve scrubs too..

:w:

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2008, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
What kind of uniforms do they impose on nurses? are you in the US?
Are you guys not allowed wot wear scrubs?
http://scribbidyscrubs.com/warm_up_jackets.html
alot of ppl were thermal t's beneath their short sleeve scrubs too..

Midnight Bloom
Print Scrub Top
it looks abit like ths but the arms are shorter/:cry:

glo
08-26-2008, 08:01 AM
There was some debate in our local hospital about Muslim uniforms recently.

As far as I recall there was some infection control concern with regards to the long sleeves. The local Muslim Association advised Muslim hosptital staff that their responsibility to ensure the safety of patients was paramount, and to wear the uniform as prescribed ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
There was some debate in our local hospital about Muslim uniforms recently.

As far as I recall there was some infection control concern with regards to the long sleeves. The local Muslim Association advised Muslim hosptital staff that their responsibility to ensure the safety of patients was paramount, and to wear the uniform as prescribed ...
hi yeah i totaly understand that,im not a nurse and dont plan to be one,its just that there are muslimahs willing to become nurses and they are let down because of this whole uniform thing its a shame and theres n one that can help them.

glo
08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
hi yeah i totaly understand that,im not a nurse and dont plan to be one,its just that there are muslimahs willing to become nurses and they are let down because of this whole uniform thing its a shame and theres n one that can help them.
I understand what you mean.

Infection control is a huge issue in hospitals at the moment. Long sleeves are probably more likely to pick up bacteria during the working day - and unlike skin, they cannot be easily washed between patient contacts ...
There must be something like disposable sleeve protectors - but I guess they would cost money, which in an already financially stretched health service may be deemed unnecessary ...

In our local case, it wasn't just a decision made by the hospital. I t was put out for discussion with staff and the Muslim Association - and a solution was reached.
But that doesn't mean that all Muslimahs are happy with the outcome, I guess.

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2008, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I understand what you mean.

Infection control is a huge issue in hospitals at the moment. Long sleeves are probably more likely to pick up bacteria during the working day - and unlike skin, they cannot be easily washed between patient contacts ...
There must be something like disposable sleeve protectors - but I guess they would cost money, which in an already financially stretched health service may be deemed unnecessary ...

In our local case, it wasn't just a decision made by the hospital. I t was put out for discussion with staff and the Muslim Association - and a solution was reached.
But that doesn't mean that all Muslimahs are happy with the outcome, I guess.
Yeah corse infection control is a big issue.bt if they really wanted to help they could have come up with alternatives.that way everyones happy.right now where i am they are wasting millions on cleaning pigion sh*t of the ground,on th outside of the hosp i mean get real,the pigeons are just gonna com bak and do their business again.:cry: -sorry bad lang

youngsister
08-26-2008, 02:36 PM
:sl:

Sister i dont know where you live but in the Uk there are long dresses as well as long sleeves top for muslimah..
Just fold it up when you are dealing with a patient and fold it down again.

جوري
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't understand why you don't wear disposable scrubs when it comes to pts who are high risk?
They are supposed to be by every station, they come in yellow or blue, and they wear like a kitchen apron but with long sleeves with a whole for the thumb and then gloves over it?

interesting!

جوري
08-26-2008, 02:52 PM

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

Sister i dont know where you live but in the Uk there are long dresses as well as long sleeves top for muslimah..
Just fold it up when you are dealing with a patient and fold it down again.
w.salaamz.Thanx but theyre not allowed

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

cool.I think we need to invest in this!:statisfie

youngsister
08-26-2008, 04:30 PM

Skye Ephémérine sister they do wear scrubs especially a&e nurses, surgical nurses and those in high risk areas they also wear the aprons you have posted.

Anon where do you live, how come they are not allowed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.