/* */

PDA

View Full Version : istikarah dream--help

Sarz_bb
08-23-2008, 03:25 AM
:cry::sl:
i received my high skool final results,alhumdulilah they were all ones...I wholeheartedly thank ALLAH for that..
now i have to appky for another skool for further education they r both 6 form skools..I was confuse as to which one to attend...becuz some people when consulted said that say SKool B is betta than A..my mom was with A becuz its the top skool in the island and its near my home..on the other hand B is like far away if compared to..My dad was insisting on B becuz most of the people he asked were in its favour..I was also confuse and was in 2 minds..couldnt decide for my self...
I again spoke wid my mom n she explained to me the benefits..i.e i dont have to wake up soo early etc..they will be less transportation problems...easier for me..i will be less tierd n will hav more time for revision...etc..
Any how i decided to do istikharah...
I was inclined to skool A...
now when i did istikarah .. i had a feeling of B in my heart...but i woke up restless..i was like what is this...n i uttered sumthing stupid for which im still regretting: why i did it when i was thinking skool A last night..Ohh Allah please forgive me..i dont know what it supose to me..becuz i was restless in my sleep..
Again i did it yesterday night ...n i see B again...but when i wake up in the morning im inclined to A...im soo confuse does.this means that B is negative or was i upset over it not being A..
i cried soo much the entire day out of fustration..im feel sharp pains in my head aswell due to stress:cry::cry::cry::cry:
the entire day i feel inclined to A n i feel my mum is ryt A is easy for me...n now my dad also agreed wid A...but im confuse..what did it mean..
plsssssssssss help me............n plssssss doo pray for me...please that Allah give my peace of mind..my mum is very worried also...
pllss pray for this sis
My parents told me that since i wrote A as 1st choice n B as 2nd..What ever Allah wills..he will grant me..cuz ryt now im waiting for response from the skool governing body...i also think personally that O should go with A
plss help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eeman
08-25-2008, 06:02 AM
sis salam chill out take a deep breath and relax... you have done your bit made dua to Allah swt and asked for guidance... now let Him do the work and you just chillax and put your trust in Him...
go with school A if it is meant to be the right school then you will go to school A if not then remenber what we ask for in istikhara... so if it is not then Allah swt will make sure you go to school B.

But to me from reading your panicked post it seems school A is a better option Allahu alam

wa salam:)

Sarz_bb
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
thnx brother Eeman for ur advice..but lately i had again recited the istikrah dua wid school A in my head...n i saw snakes .....what is ur opinion

Faye
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
From a fatwa by Mufti Taqi Usmani. I'm posting only the relevant section.

Confused: My Marriages Failed Despite Istikhara
By Mufti Taqi Usmani
Posted: 23 Rajab 1422, 11 October 2001
A.) Istikhara is a particular form of prayer and the masnoon way of doing is that a person offers 2 Rakats with the intention of Istikhara then recites the Dua for Istikhara which may be found in all the books of prayer. The other ways of Istikhara which are suggested by some persons are not masnoon. So far as the effect of Istikhara is concerned you must observe the following points:
First of all you must know that Istikhara is nothing more than a normal Dua in which a person prays to Allah Subhanahu Taala to guide him to reach a right decision. It is not correct to presume that in response to an Istikhara Allah gives an answer in the form of a dream. Similarly it is not necessary that a dream is seen after making an Istikhara and even though a dream is seen by the relevant person it is not an absolute answer towards a particular direction because dream is not treated in Shariah as a binding proof of something. The expected result of Istikhara is that the relevant person himself takes a decision which is good for him in this world or in the hereinafter or in both. But just as the grant of other prayers depends on certain conditions the Istikhara is subject to those conditions as well. If some of these conditions are lacking, it is not necessary that this prayer is granted
Second, to make an Istikhara does not mean that a person abandons all other necessary enquiries. A person must carry out all efforts necessary to reach a correct decision even after making Istikhara. If a person is content on Istikhara only and does not make the required efforts to reach the correct decision he may fall into error.
Third, ....
Fourth, as mentioned in the first point in some rare cases Istikhara does not prove to be fruitful in this world but it is certain to be fruitful in the world hereinafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.