/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this considered as lying???

Eeman
08-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Salam alaikum everyone,
I pray that this thread Insha'Allah finds you in the best health and imaan...

Yes it's me again with my silly questions but something happened that got me to wonder today...
so anyhow basically i want to know if this is a form of lying for instance your talking to someone and they give you a scenario and then they go as far as assuming your reaction to that scenarios that they have given you and it's what they think you would do and it's the reaction that they themselves would be happy with to expect from you and just for the sake of making them happy you agree with them just for the sake of making them happy.

but you know that thats not what you would do... i mean as in you dont 100% know cos that is in the future and no one knows what the future holds etc except for Allah swt.

but anyhow i just wanted to know if that is considered as lying?

i hope you guys understand what i'm talking about cos i seem to have confused myself a little here too.:-[

Jazak'Allah khair for your responses in advance.

wa salam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
08-23-2008, 07:29 PM
:sl:

its not a stupid question,now, the questons i ask r stupid..i was even thinking about making a "stupid question" thread

:w:

crayon
08-23-2008, 10:06 PM
So like someone getting all dressed up and then asking you if they look nice?
I'm pretty sure it's okay to lie in cases like that, to spare someone's feelings.. Or not lie straight out, but...make them think what they want to think?

Whatsthepoint
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
So like someone getting all dressed up and then asking you if they look nice?
I'm pretty sure it's okay to lie in cases like that, to spare someone's feelings.. Or not lie straight out, but...make them think what they want to think?
What a great post indeed! You are so intelligent! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eeman
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333
:sl:

its not a stupid question,now, the questons i ask r stupid..i was even thinking about making a "stupid question" thread

:w:
Hehe bring it on sis... bet you i'd win you over asking the more silly questions.

crayon
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
What a great post indeed! You are so intelligent! :)
Thank you for making me think what I want to think!:p

Eeman
08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
i know what you mean aplha bro but for some people perhaps is not good nough.... this person even goes to the extent of asking me 3 or 4 times!!!

Muezzin
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Why do they keep asking you hypothetical questions?

Is it like, 'Say, hypothetically, that I were to join a pirate ship tomorrow and steal all your Jammy Dodgers. Would you still be my friend?'

Tania
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
When a person keep asking you something over and over and she gives you immediatelly a hypotetical answer it means she is too shy to wait for your reply, or may be she thinks you are too embarassed to reply so she helps you. In the same time she realise her answer is not the correct one, so she keep asking. To avoid such brain torture better tell her exactly your point of view to the matter and she will be happy too.

Eeman
08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
but thats the thing the answer from me will be something that is totally not what theywould expect and what would make them happy!

Tania
08-24-2008, 08:44 PM
You have to analyse the question then :) - if its something serious which affects your family, then you should tell them your point of view; if its something which could only hurt their feelings (like was the dressed up sample) then you should keep remain quiet and take Alpha Dude strategy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.