/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IM muslim n im GAY

UNKNOWN08
08-24-2008, 03:10 AM
i have a problem . my parents have decided to get me married through arranged marriage but u see i am gay and i cant marry her .. and if i do i would never make her happy and if i tell my parents they will hate him and might never talk to me and probably disown me! i love my family and i will never ever want to live with out them .now i dont understand why Muslims say its haram to be gay when in quran there is no such word for homosexuality or to forbid it. also there is a verse in the quran that says partners but doesnt say it have to be female n a male . . i have went to many imams but they always tell me to be ashamed of my self and dont let the devil deceive me and some other people have told me to leave Islam but i believe in Islam . can anyone prove to me if its actually forbidden . i mean its just the way you were born i suppose so why should we be punished for it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
08-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Why does Islam Forbid Lesbianism and Homosexuality?

The Punishment for Homosexuality

UNKNOWN08
08-25-2008, 02:56 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm what a great place to find help and some advise :blind::phew

fantaxxy_moon
08-25-2008, 03:31 AM
brother don't say that the quran didn't talk about gay people, all u have to do is just read the whole quran before saying this ..
kawm lout, lout people , and it's said in the quran .. were punished because they did such acts as homosexuality, try to find any book and read about kawm loot ..
thankyou ..
actually what i know is that the quran orders such people to be killed .. it's a big haram and against the nature of human kind ..
and be careful brother don't follow the non-muslims in their acts, it's not us " muslims " who will follow homosexuality and its ideals !!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
08-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Have you tried taking up the issue of your homosexuality with a psychiatrist? Did you have any traumatic experience which lead to the conclusion of you preferring men over women? Think about it dude, it's all in your head. You're going against the nature of Humanity, and Allah is testing you. Do what yuo KNOW is the right thing. Have you even tried liking a girl , or any sparks when you see a cute one? Shaytan is just playing you, don't let that thing get away with it. And lemme tell you, the climate of hell is not exactly nice and toasty.

al Amaanah
08-25-2008, 04:20 AM
first off, it is in the quran.

And (remember) Loot (Lot)! When he said to his people, ‘Do you commit Al‑Faahishah (evil, great sin, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, sodomy) while you see (one another doing evil without any screen)

Do you practise your lusts on men instead of women? Nay, but you are a people who behave senselessly.’
[An Naml 54-55]

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins)’”

[al-A’raaf:80-81]

second; it was Adam (3alaihimusalaam) and eve, not adam and steve. read what the sister has posted if u want to know more about it, jazaki Allahu khair umu 'Isa.

coddles76
08-25-2008, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN08
i have a problem . my parents have decided to get me married through arranged marriage but u see i am gay and i cant marry her .. and if i do i would never make her happy and if i tell my parents they will hate him and might never talk to me and probably disown me! i love my family and i will never ever want to live with out them .now i dont understand why Muslims say its haram to be gay when in quran there is no such word for homosexuality or to forbid it. also there is a verse in the quran that says partners but doesnt say it have to be female n a male . . i have went to many imams but they always tell me to be ashamed of my self and dont let the devil deceive me and some other people have told me to leave Islam but i believe in Islam . can anyone prove to me if its actually forbidden . i mean its just the way you were born i suppose so why should we be punished for it.
May Allah SWT guide you to the right path. Don't think you can say your muslim and then automatically you are muslim. Being a muslim means that you fulfill the laws of ALLAH SWT. You cannot be Gay and be a muslim so sorry to break the news to you but since you are Gay you are NOT a muslim. If you love islam you will try your utmost best to regain your true identity and forbid all types of evil. Allah SWT punished those before you for there illegal acts, don't let that punishment come upon you. May Allah SWT bring you to the straight path inshAllah

جوري
08-25-2008, 04:57 AM
If you are gay and give up your homosexuality for the sake of Allah, your reward is with him on the day of judgement, in fact your sins can be reversed for rewards insha'Allah...

This is a psychological orientation.. and you can work on those urges, the same way you work on urges not to rape people when ever you are sexually aroused..

Islam recognizes a Marriage only between man and woman as is decreed by firtah.. if you live with another man and sleep with him you'll be committing adultery..

the choice is yours akhi..
There is no reason for you to marry now until things become more clear for you.. but you can choose a sexual act, or you can choose eternity.. it is up to you

:w:

BlackMamba
08-25-2008, 05:08 AM
Go on YouTube and watch siraj wahhaj video on men imitating women and woman imitating men. He's such a strong speaker.

Eeman
08-25-2008, 05:35 AM
salam alaikum bro....

woaaaaaaaaaaaah i cant get over that your gay??? :skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:

bro please do not take anything say into offence and forgive me if i say anything that may offend you in advance...

but honestly i agree with I forgot who posted it, you cannot be muslim if you are gay and you claim that you have looked into it but in the Quran it says partner and not specified as male and female??? :skeleton::skeleton:

If you read the Quran fully and read he story of prophet Lot (saw) thn it will make clear sense to you that it is such a major sin and makes one a kafir... i mean it is so major that Allah swt destroyed the people of Lot (saw) including his wife cos of thier acts... Now one would only think if a messenger's (saw) wife was destroyed as well cos of the wrath of Allah swt then quite frankly who are you?

I once knew of a pakistani guy who was gay muslim born, used to pray 5 times a day fast the whole shebang and was yet GAY!!!
:X i mean i dunno what to say to that Allahu alam who are we to say anything but one thing i can say is that homosexuality is a major sin and it takes one outside the fold of islam if it didnt why would Allah swt destroy the people of Lot (saw) and repentance is NOT repentance if you carry on committing the act.

Bro i pray for you i pray that Allah swt guides you heart to the truth and makes you a firm believer gives you the strength to fully submit to Him and follow His commands and teachings Insha'Allah.

oh and another thing i have never and refuse to believe that people are born gay it is utter non sense. NO ONE is born gay or lesbian, they deviate themselves and walk on the path of shaytaan.

wa salam

Muslim Woman
08-25-2008, 05:50 AM
:sl:

... i dont understand why Muslims say its haram to be gay when in quran there is no such word for homosexuality or to forbid it. .
during the time of Prophet Lut (p) , Allah perished a whole city because of this sin.

Pl. talk to doctor , this is a disease . Fear Allah & take the necessary treatment.

InshaAllah , u will be cured .

Whatsthepoint
08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Too bad, there's really nothing you can do except abstain from it.
My advice to you is that you don't marry a woman, a marriage would probably be an utter sham for yourself as well as her!

MustafaMc
08-25-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree with Sister Skye Ephemerine about a Muslim committing adultery. Unlike some Christian denominations, there is no imam that will marry 2 people of the same sex.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,123066,00.html
The national church, the Episcopal Church of the United States of America, resolved at its General Convention last year that "local faith communities are operating within the bounds of our common life as they explore and experience liturgies celebrating and blessing same-sex unions."

Since 2 Muslims of the same sex can't get married, then if they have sexual relations they are by default committing zina.

http://www.islamic-dictionary.com/index.php?word=zina&x=11&y=9
Zina
: The act of commiting adultery (if married), or fornication (unmarried).

Eeman
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
salams all,

i have a question so see with gay people right, would one think that they just get punished for zina or sodomy too? as in doing it with a guy rather than a female.
i know its dumb lol but i was just wondering.

jazak'Allah khair for your replies in adnvance.

wa salam :)

Keltoi
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
This sort of situation is a difficult one. People of faith are conflicted when it comes to homosexuals who wish to be accepted "into the fold". On the one hand it is a great thing when an individual wants God in their lives, and on the other we know that homosexuality(active homosexuality) is a sin. However, people of faith sin on a daily basis. I suppose the best advice to give in this situation is to reinforce what a homosexual already knows...that active homosexuality is a sin. Other than that all one can do is wish them well in their walk with God.

Whatsthepoint
08-25-2008, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
This sort of situation is a difficult one. People of faith are conflicted when it comes to homosexuals who wish to be accepted "into the fold". On the one hand it is a great thing when an individual wants God in their lives, and on the other we know that homosexuality(active homosexuality) is a sin. However, people of faith sin on a daily basis. I suppose the best advice to give in this situation is to reinforce what a homosexual already knows...that active homosexuality is a sin. Other than that all one can do is wish them well in their walk with God.
His religious life aint exactly the problem here, though I'm sure it is a huge problem in itself, the main problem now is that his parents want him to marry and he doesn't want that.
What should he do?

Eeman
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
well he cant marry the poor girl how can u ruin someone's life like that?
bro i suggest you do some self reflection first turn to God if that is Insha'Allah the path you want to take and cure yourself before even thinking of marriage if not and you want to carry on God forbid being gay then still dont marry her how can you ruin someone's life like that and live with lies you say you believe in God right then i am sure that you also believe that lying is a sin and so is decieving people and playing with their lives.

and i doubt Allahu alam that any muslim sister would marry a guy that they know are gay.

Whatsthepoint
08-25-2008, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
well he cant marry the poor girl how can u ruin someone's life like that?
bro i suggest you do some self reflection first turn to God if that is Insha'Allah the path you want to take and cure yourself before even thinking of marriage if not and you want to carry on God forbid being gay then still dont marry her how can you ruin someone's life like that and live with lies you say you believe in God right then i am sure that you also believe that lying is a sin and so is decieving people and playing with their lives.

and i doubt Allahu alam that any muslim sister would marry a guy that they know are gay.
He knows marrying her isnt an option:
and i cant marry her .. and if i do i would never make her happy
Do you think homosexuality can be cured?

Rayaan
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Inalillahi wa ina ilayhi rajiuun, please be careful of what you speak. Allah(swt) destroyed the people of Prophet Lut due to their homosexulity. Think about it, if Allah sent to those homosexual individuals a prophet and told them to stop their acts of evil that they inherited from the shaytan. When they chose to continue to carry on with their homosexual motives and desires, Allah sent to them a publishment that they greatly deserved. If you belief in Allah and you love Allah then you should think about how much you are willing to sacrifice in our to go astray. Would you rather that Allah become upset with you and send you to hellfire, or would you rather ignore the whispers and doubts that you hear from shaytan? Make a choice, follow shaytan or follow Allah and the teachings of his messenger.

جوري
08-25-2008, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Like many sexual deviations acts, There is no cure.. electro-shock therapy as well as other modalities have been tried without much success..
However there are medications like Leuprolide which are used on some to significantly lower their sex drive we are usually talking about sex offenders who agree to enter these trials...

I personally think.. he has some choices to make.. There is no reason to deny oneself sexual pleasure.. when/if he can chanel it to the appropriate gender....

MustafaMc
08-25-2008, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
However, people of faith sin on a daily basis. I suppose the best advice to give in this situation is to reinforce what a homosexual already knows...that active homosexuality is a sin. Other than that all one can do is wish them well in their walk with God.
I agree with you that it is good to make it clear that homosexuality is a sin. I don't know whether or not one is born with a predisposition to be physically attracted to others of the same sex, or if one develops that way during childhood, but he can choose to act or to not act upon those desires. If he chooses to commit acts of homosexuality, he must know that he is commiting a grievous sin before Allah and that he can't just pass it off with an excuse of: "i mean its just the way you were born i suppose so why should we be punished for it."

Whatsthepoint
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Like many sexual deviations acts, There is no cure.. electro-shock therapy as well as other modalities have been tried without much success..
However there are medications like Leuprolide which are used on some to significantly lower their sex drive we are usually talking about sex offenders who agree to enter these trials...

I personally think.. he has some choices to make.. There is no reason to deny oneself sexual pleasure.. when/if he can chanel it to the appropriate gender....
He can do it with whomever he wants be he needs to set his priorities straight, its either proper Islam or sexual life.

Eeman
08-25-2008, 06:15 PM
He knows marrying her isnt an option:

by cure i was not referring to medicine or therapy or treatment...
these form of acts of deviation are diseases of the heart and the only cure to it is submitting to God fully and asking Allah swt to cure their heart,
what is medicine, therapy or treatment going to achieve them?
are these remedies to protecting yourself from shaytaan?
man Wallah if they were then i'd be a junkie and so would we all be in all these.
but no its not a matter of that whatsoever.
Bro i suggest you prioritise what is more important to you?
is your lust and sexual desires and way of the shaytaan so important and appealing that you are gaining yourself an entry to jahanum or do you want to wake up from the ignorant life that you are leading and aknowledge the TRUTH? why we are here in this world, what is our purpose? How do we achieve that eternal success and what is the best way of leading our lives in this temporary world?

but dont be dishearted bro, before i fully submitted to Allah swt myself i used to have the same mentality as long as i believe in God and one God then its all good... ummmm NO! Alhumdllilah i learnt the very very very hard way but none the less i learnt thats the important thing that i will ever be able to be thankful enough for no matter what i went through. And i too used to commit major sins (no i was not a lesbian) but thats why Allah swt is the Most Merciful so despair not about turning to Him in full submission andnot beig forgiven for it... but remember as i said before repentence is NOT repentance is the act is committed again.

I mean i just dont understand life, living and the world does not evolve around sex!!!!
i dunno maybe cos i am not in your shoes nor a guy so therefore i dont understand but how hard can it be honestly?

جوري
08-25-2008, 07:05 PM
He can do it with whomever he wants be he needs to set his priorities straight, its either proper Islam or sexual life.
Indeed.. and I have already expressed that the choice is indeed his!

peace

DAWUD_adnan
08-25-2008, 07:09 PM
This poor person needs help.

May Allah guide you, and save you from eternal loss.

aadil77
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Alot of people say it was the way they were born and I'm sick of hearing this, I'm not convinced by this because it is a direct accusation to Allah. Since I'm not gay I don't know, but...

How were you raised up, did you play with girls and dolls when you were young? Anything feminine in your childhood or even now?, are your friends boys or girls?

I know this isn't helping, but I just want to know for general knowledge

Whatsthepoint
08-25-2008, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Alot of people say it was the way they were born and I'm sick of hearing this, I'm not convinced by this because it is a direct accusation to Allah. Since I'm not gay I don't know, but...

How were you raised up, did you play with girls and dolls when you were young? Anything feminine in your childhood or even now?, are your friends boys or girls?

I know this isn't helping, but I just want to know for general knowledge
Perhaps Allah created them gay as he created the blind, the crippled etc, as a test...?
Not saying that homosexuality is a disability, well it probably is if you're religious.
And don't generalize all gay as effeminate, because they're not. Do you personally know a gay man or gay men?

glo
08-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I have not seen UNKNOWN08 mention anywhere that he is a sexually active homosexual.
I do however notice, that he has not been back for some time. Perhaps comments and replies here have been too harsh and judgmental ...

For what it's worth, I admire UNKNOWN08's honesty in not wanting to marry a young woman, and possibly ruin her married life.

I pray you find the right way, UNKNOWN08.
As Keltoi said, it is hard for gay people, who love God and want to follow their religion - but are resented by their fellow believers. Many gay Muslims and Christians share that plight with you ...

May God guide you.
Salaam :)

Eeman
08-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh sis glo your right bless his soul...
sorry bro unknown08 i apologise will Insha'Allah make dua for you.
:)

aamirsaab
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Holy-brown-stained-pants Batman! The thread - it's been completely derailed!

Ok guys (and gals), enough with the gay-talk. Let's either give this dude advice (that doesn't involve making him feel like a turd!) or erm shut yer mooths.

Now, first of all one should make dua to aid you in this time - keep praying and do a lot of dhikr. Also ask for forgiveness etc etc. All in all, remember that thoughts are not considered sins in Islam - only bad actions are.

Keltoi
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, obviously marriage would be unfair for both parties involved. The question then becomes what next? Is your family aware of your sexual orientation? Is your desire to remain a Muslim strong enough to stop you from acting upon any homosexual desires? Those are important questions that only he can answer.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
whatever you feel

reject it

for the sake of Allaah

all im sayin

'Abd-al Latif
08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
With a wife you can have children, complete half your deen and attain the pleasure Allah by following the path of His Prophet.

But know - and may Allah guide you - that there was no other nation in the past who went through a more sever punishment then those who practiced sodomy because sodomy is one of the major sins.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Homosexuality is a severe illness and a grave calamity. If it is accompanied by actually committing immoral actions, then it is even worse, because of the sin and abhorrent nature of those immoral actions and their bad consequences in this world and in the Hereafter.

Hence you should focus on how to treat this perversion and save yourself from this destructive evil, more than focusing on whether to conceal it from your fiancée or disclose it to her.

You should realize that there are causes for this calamity, and these causes may be due to what the person affected has done. The one who wants to save himself from this situation should examine these causes and rid himself of them, and do what we advise, otherwise he is approving of and accepting his condition and he does not want to change for the better. Among the causes which may be due to his own actions are the following:

Weakness of faith and remoteness of the heart from love of Allaah, and a lack of fear of His punishment.

Looking freely at beardless youths, and enjoying their beauty and form.

This is the first step towards sin for those who are affected by this disease. Allaah has enjoined lowering the gaze and refraining from looking at haraam things, and the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has enjoined likewise. When he stopped following this command and began to do that which is forbidden, Iblees was able to shoot his poisoned arrow into his heart, and thus destroy him.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Looking is the origin of most of the problems that befall man, because looking generates thoughts, then thoughts generate ideas, and ideas generate desires, and desires generate will, which then becomes stronger and becomes firm resolve, in which case the deed will inevitably be done unless there is something to prevent it. Hence it was said that patience in lowering the gaze is easier than patience in bearing the pain that comes afterwards. End quote from al-Jawaab al-Kaafi (p. 106).

Hence the scholars are unanimously agreed that it is haraam to look at beardless youths, and some of them regard that as more haraam than looking at women.

Imam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Similarly the scholars forbade a man to look at the face of a beardless youth if he is handsome, whether with or without desire, and whether it is free of fitnah (temptation) or there is the fear thereof. This is the correct view which was favoured by the scholars. This was stated by al-Shaafa’i and the prominent scholars of his madhhab (may Allaah have mercy on them). The evidence for this is that a beardless youth is, in some ways, like a woman; he may be desired as a woman is desired, and his form may be beautiful like that of a woman, and many of them may be more beautiful than many women. The prohibition applies more to them for another reason, which is that in their case there may result from attachment to them types of evil that do not occur in the case of women. End quote.

Sharh Muslim (4/31).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Looking at the face of a beardless youth with desire is like looking as the face of a mahram or a non-mahram woman with desire, whether the desire is desire for intercourse or the desire to derive pleasure from looking. If he looks at his mother, sister or daughter with pleasure derived from looking like the pleasure derived from looking at a non-mahram woman, then it is known to everyone that this is haraam. The same applies to looking at the face of a beardless youth, according to scholarly consensus. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (15/413) and (21/245).

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said:

The one who looks repeatedly at a beardless youth and the like, or persists in that, and says “I am not looking with desire” is lying, because if he has no need to look, then he is only looking because of the pleasure that he feels in his heart as a result. As for an accidental glance, it is forgiven, if he averts his gaze.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (15/419) and (21/251).

The kind of looking with which these sick people are afflicted includes what they watch on satellite channels and what they see in newspapers and magazines, and on websites, of pictures of children and beardless young men, and this is what provokes them to commit immoral actions.

3 – Falling short with regard to obligatory and naafil acts of worship

If the person who is afflicted with this problem prays on time, fulfilling the conditions and obligatory parts of prayer, that will be a deterrent that keeps him from falling into evil and immoral ways. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) prevents from Al‑Fahsha’ (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al‑Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed)”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:45]

So how about if he regularly performs sunnah and naafil prayers?

4 – Forsaking the Qur’aan and failing to read books about the lives of righteous men and the imams

The Book of Allaah contains guidance, light and healing; it is the best protection for the Muslim against falling into sin and it is the best remedy for the one who does fall into sin.

If he reads books about the imams and biographies of the scholars, he can take them as an example and become familiar with their stories and rise above immorality and evil.

5 – Falling short in seeking knowledge

Knowledge is light, through which one may know what is halaal and do it, and what is haraam and avoid it. Through it he may come to know his Lord, may He be exalted, and His names, attributes and deeds. That will generate in his heart a sense of shyness before his Lord and shyness before His angels, so that he will not want to commit evil and immoral actions. Through knowledge he will come to know the state of sinners and the punishment that Allaah has prepared for them.

6 – A lot of spare time in the lives of those who have this problem

If they kept themselves busy with acts of worship, sport, permissible actions and seeking knowledge, they would not have time to spend in thinking of haraam things, let alone doing them.

7 – Making friends and keeping company with bad people

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) likened the bad friend to one who works the bellows: he will either burn his companion’s clothes or he will notice a bad smell coming from him.

8 – Not getting married

Allaah has created natural desires in man, and He has made the outlet for that in women. The permissible way to do that is marriage. The one who goes against his natural state (fitrah) and diverts that desire towards other males like him, is even lower than the animals, for the animals that Allaah has created are in front of us, and do we ever see any male mounting another male or looking at him with desire? Look at this and compare it with the one who looks at beardless youths of his own gender with desire, and the one who commits immoral actions with them, and that even makes him refrain from marrying women!

See the answer to question no. 20068 for information on ways to escape and treat this disease.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, describing the remedy for haraam love and infatuation: The remedy for this fatal disease is to understand that what has befallen him of this disease that is contrary to Tawheed is due to his ignorance and the negligence of his heart towards Allaah. He must acknowledge the Oneness of his Lord (Tawheed) and His laws and verses first of all, then he should do acts of worship, both inward and outward, which will distract his heart from always thinking of this thing, turn to Him a great deal and beseech Allaah to take this away from him. He should focus his heart on Him. There is no better remedy for it than sincerity towards Allaah. This is the remedy that Allaah mentioned in His Book when He said (interpretation of the meaning): “Thus it was, that We might turn away from him evil and illegal sexual intercourse. Surely, he was one of Our chosen, (guided) slaves” [Yoosuf 12:24].

Allaah tells us that He diverted the evil of infatuation and immoral actions away from him because of his sincerity, because if the heart is sincere and one’s actions are sincerely for the sake of Allaah alone, then the love of images cannot take hold of his heart; they can only take hold of an empty heart, as the poet said:

Her love came into my heart before I had any idea of what love is,

And it found my heart vacant, thus it too hold of it.

End quote from al-Jawaab al-Kaafi (p. 150, 151).

Secondly:

One of the gravest mistakes is to think that there is no remedy for this disease, and that the homosexual can never become straight. If that were the case, then Allaah would not have told the people of Loot to repent, and the Prophet of Allaah Loot (peace be upon him) would not have called them to give up their perversion. Allaah is the Creator of man, and He knows what can be changed in man and what cannot, so do not pay any attention to any claim that is contrary to that.

How many homosexuals have turned to their Lord and repented, and their repentance has been accepted and they have changed their ways, and their haraam desires have disappeared. Loot (peace be upon him) called on his people to marry, because that is an effective remedy, in which the one who is affected by this thing can direct his desires in the permissible manner.

Thirdly:

From the above it is clear that what the homosexual falls into of being attached to images of beardless youths, or evil immoral actions, is the result of his deeds (and he is to blame). He is required to give it up, and he can rid himself of that. If we assume that he feels attracted to men, then he must resist that and avoid the causes that may lead to him falling into haraam, just as a normal man is naturally attracted to women, but he is required to lower his gaze and not be alone with a woman, and he must avoid all the means that lead to fitnah (temptation).

Fourthly:

As for your saying “what should we do?”, we have explained to you what you should do. You should fear Allaah and respect Him so much that you do not want Him to see you in the bad situation which He dislikes for you, and for which He gives people a painful punishment.

But what we are really shocked by is what you say after that: “Is it our fault that we are like that? What is the wisdom behind a man being created like this?”

Yes, O slave of Allaah, the blame and consequences, the threat and punishment, all befall the one who commits the sin; he deserves it because of the evil acts that he has done and what his hands have earned.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And among men is he who disputes about Allaah, without knowledge or guidance, or a Book giving light (from Allaah),

9. Bending his neck in pride (far astray from the path of Allaah), and leading (others) too (far) astray from the path of Allaah. For him there is disgrace in this worldly life, and on the Day of Resurrection We shall make him taste the torment of burning (Fire).

10. That is because of what your hands have sent forth, and verily, Allaah is not unjust to (His) slaves”

[al-Hajj 22:8-10]

Allaah also says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who dispute concerning Allaah (His religion of Islamic Monotheism with which Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم has been sent), after it has been accepted (by the people), of no use is their dispute before their Lord and on them is wrath, and for them will be a severe torment”

[al-Shoora 42:16]

Shaykh al-Sa’di said (may Allaah have mercy on him): Here Allaah tells us that “those who dispute concerning Allaah”, with false proofs and contradictory specious arguments, “after it has been accepted (by the people)” i.e., after the people of insight and reason have responded to Allaah, because of the definitive signs and clear proof that He has made clear to them, therefore these people who dispute the truth after it has been made clear to them, “of no use is their dispute” i.e., it is false and rejected “before their Lord” because it implies rejection of the truth, and everything that is contrary to the truth is false.

“and on them is wrath” because of their disobedience and their turning away from the proof of Allaah and their rejecting it. “and for them will be a severe torment” which is the effect of Allaah’s wrath on them. This is the punishment of everyone who contests the truth with falsehood. End quote.

Allaah says of His lying enemies (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when they commit a Faahisha (evil deed, going round the Ka‘bah in naked state, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse), they say: ‘We found our fathers doing it, and Allaah has commanded it on us.’ Say: ‘Nay, Allaah never commands Faahisha. Do you say of Allaah what you know not?’

29. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): My Lord has commanded justice and (said) that you should face Him only (i.e. worship none but Allaah and face the Qiblah, i.e. the Ka‘bah at Makkah during prayers) in each and every place of worship, in prayers (and not to face other false deities and idols), and invoke Him only making your religion sincere to Him (by not joining in worship any partner with Him and with the intention that you are doing your deeds for Allaah’s sake only). As He brought you (into being) in the beginning, so shall you be brought into being [on the Day of Resurrection in two groups, one as a blessed one (believers), and the other as a wretched one (disbelievers)].

30. A group He has guided, and a group deserved to be in error; (because) surely, they took the Shayaateen (devils) as Awliyaa’ (protectors and helpers) instead of Allaah, and think that they are guided”

[al-A’raaf 7:28-30].

Shaykh al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Here Allaah says, describing the evil state of the mushrikeen who commit sins, and claim that Allaah commanded them to do them: “And when they commit a Faahisha (evil deed)” meaning everything that is regarded as abhorrent and repugnant, which includes their circumambulating the Ka’bah naked. “they say: ‘We found our fathers doing it” they spoke the truth concerning that. “and Allaah has commanded it on us” they were lying concerning that, hence Allaah rejected this attribution of theirs and said: “Say: ‘Nay, Allaah never commands Faahisha (evil deeds)’” i.e., it is not befitting to His perfection and wisdom to enjoin His slaves to commit evil deeds, whether it is what these mushrikeen were doing or anything else. “Do you say of Allaah what you know not?,” and what fabrication can be greater than that? End quote.

What you have said is what the enemies of Allaah, the mushrikeen and those who disbelieve His Messengers, say. They fall into sin, then they make excuses for it on the basis of qadar (the divine decree), saying that Allaah created them like that, or that He commanded them to do it; exalted be Allaah far above what the wrongdoers say.

Hence let the adulterer, thief and murderer say: What is my fault? Allaah created me like this. This false argument ultimately invalidates all the divine laws, and invalidates the commands and prohibitions, and gives people free rein, so that they fornicate like donkeys, and soon some of them may commit evil actions in the street, as will happen at the end of time, and as happens in some kaafir and sinful countries!

Do you know that you are the one who opened this door to yourself, but that Allaah has proof against you, and you have no proof against Allaah?

So keep yourself busy with closing the door to evil and corruption, before you become unable to close it, instead of keeping yourself busy wondering about the one who made the door and how come he did not keep it closed, as it seems that you do not know the difference between the door and the wall!

If you want it all to be a wall, with no door in it, and no lamp, then what is the point of accountability, and what is the value of commands and prohibitions, halaal and haraam, reward and punishment, Paradise and Hell?

To sum up our advice to you, we advise you to hasten to get married, so that you can put your sperm into that which is pure and halaal, and protect yourself against haraam sex.

But, so that you will not deceive the one who trusts you or betray that trust or transgress against one who has not wronged you, it is essential that you begin first with sincere repentance to Allaah from the sin of homosexuality that you have fallen into, and strive to do all kinds of acts of obedience. Keep yourself busy with Allaah and pleasing Him, then as soon as you feel that you have started to follow the path of guidance, and you feel that you are going in the right direction, then strengthen the motives of goodness and purity in your heart by marrying one who will keep you chaste. But before starting to treat the problem or feeling that you have repented sincerely, do not transgress against anyone else and do not betray the one who has trusted you.

We ask Allaah to heal you, purify your heart, and keep you chaste.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

qassy!
08-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Dont get married to the sister, what will you put her through!

'Abd-al Latif
08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

81. ‘Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins).’

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: ‘Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!’

83. Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

84. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and sinners)”

[Qur'an - Surah al-A’raaf 7:80-84]

“Verily, by your life (O Muhammad), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.

73. So As‑Saihah (torment — awful cry) overtook them at the time of sunrise.

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

76. And verily, they (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now)”

[Quran - Surah al-Hijr 15:72-76]

Ghira
08-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental disorders took out Homosexuality as a disorder in the newest version DSM 4. It is a mistake so I suggest you to go to a Muslim psychologist/psychiatrist to treat this serious issue. May Allah (swt) guide you.

aminahjaan
08-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Let's face it, it's a scary and uncomfortable topic to discuss. Dude's going through a rough time, and obviously extremely confused. I'm sure if he's read our posts he's either
1. contemplating
2. Not caring....

Sigh,....It's his life.
Oh and may I also point out, that the thread is very boldly stating with the title I'm Muslim n I'm GAY (Astagfirallah)

He is sticking with the belief that he's gay. And no cyber people can change his mind. The best WE can do is pray...right?

coddles76
08-26-2008, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
Let's face it, it's a scary and uncomfortable topic to discuss. Dude's going through a rough time, and obviously extremely confused. I'm sure if he's read our posts he's either
1. contemplating
2. Not caring....

Sigh,....It's his life.
Oh and may I also point out, that the thread is very boldly stating with the title I'm Muslim n I'm GAY (Astagfirallah)

He is sticking with the belief that he's gay. And no cyber people can change his mind. The best WE can do is pray...right?
Yes and the title is invalid and misleading. YOU cannot be muslim and be Gay at the same time. If your GAY you ARE NOT a muslim because you are strongly against the law and system of Allah SWT. A muslim is someone who submits to the will of Allah SWT and you are not submitting if you are GAY because Allah SWT has destroyed the people of the past due to this sickness. Let's not get all political about this. Allah SWT has strongly rejected this disease so we as muslims MUST strongly reject this sickness aswell.

MustafaMc
08-26-2008, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
Do you think there is any significance to what is capitalized and what is not capitalized in the thread title? Note that you capitalized Muslim as I also always do, but he did not. Hmmmmmm:hmm::?

aminahjaan
08-26-2008, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Do you think there is any significance to what is capitalized and what is not capitalized in the thread title? Note that you capitalized Muslim as I also always do, but he did not. Hmmmmmm:hmm::?
Hmm verryyy fishhy....I agree..

Also to Unknown if you're reading this. Trust before Lust!
Trust= Trust in Allah and following the right path

And Lust has an obvious meaning. So that's pretty much Dissing Allah oh and girls! That's not what us Muslims call appropriate.

UNKNOWN08
08-26-2008, 03:40 AM
wait wait wait wait WAIT....

this is tooo much.... i cant reply to all of theses i just came home from work .. as all u can see i was a bit busy. but i appreciate everyone for trying to help me. first i want to say that i am not that religious. but i am trying to learn. as far as that goes about me saying there isnt a word for homosexuality thats what the scholar ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS6zqzbZHA) said so i been looking into it. since this is a islamic forum i assumed i would find my answers to that. second im not active sexually . about the girl she doesn't know that i am NOR my family . and i said before i dont want to ruin her life. my friend hes a really great muslims told me i should get married and that will prevent me from being on the haram side . he have tried so many times to help me. but im still confused

well my childhood >>>>>> . my family are not religious as well. i grew up in a family who lack of religion and to them the most important thing is education money etc. and since i am living in the west its very hard to stay religious from the environment and my role models( family) . something did happen in my childhood but its really personal and it did change me ever since that point. and ever since i was six after that experience i hated females and everything about girls. okay so i made a mistake by not capitalizing MUSLIM. i reallly need your help.

جوري
08-26-2008, 04:00 AM
let me tell you something in a way it is a breach of privacy of a dear brother I know since under grad.
He was molested by his Arabic and Quran teacher when he was 7 if you can believe that.. he still ended up very religious, has a computer company with one of his brothers and is married with one child..

personal experiences' happen to a great many people, east, west, north and south.. but once you are a thinking reflecting adult, you can take control over your psychology and steer it in the proper direction, rather than let circumstance dictate that for you!

You are not sexually active as you have stated, how do you know you'll not actually feel humiliated and sodomized and very hurt if you sleep with a guy? desires are one thing acting on them is a different story..
I love ice cream very much, I can't imagine not having it.. but I am also lactose intolerant, if I go against my nature for the sake of my desires, I'll end up sick..

peace

ayesha309
08-26-2008, 04:07 AM

this is tooo much.... i cant reply to all of theses i just came home from work .. as all u can see i was a bit busy. but i appreciate everyone for trying to help me. first i want to say that i am not that religious. but i am trying to learn. as far as that goes about me saying there isnt a word for homosexuality thats what the scholar ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS6zqzbZHA) said so i been looking into it. since this is a islamic forum i assumed i would find my answers to that. second im not active sexually . about the girl she doesn't know that i am NOR my family . and i said before i dont want to ruin her life. my friend hes a really great muslims told me i should get married and that will prevent me from being on the haram side . he have tried so many times to help me. but im still confused

well my childhood >>>>>> . my family are not religious as well. i grew up in a family who lack of religion and to them the most important thing is education money etc. and since i am living in the west its very hard to stay religious from the environment and my role models( family) . something did happen in my childhood but its really personal and it did change me ever since that point. and ever since i was six after that experience i hated females and everything about girls. okay so i made a mistake by not capitalizing MUSLIM. i reallly need your help.
u just had a bad expereince. ur not gay. no one can be born guy. that is not how Allah has created man. dont let shaytaan fool you. a human can not be gay. homosexuality is a diesase that kills you (like someone pointed out)
obviosly you do not want to share your expereince, whihc is ok. but that doesn't mean all females are bad. and wot you most defienly need is to do lots and lots of dua and ask Allah to help you. and cure you from your problems.
watch this lecture. its by Muhammad Al-Shareef. its a bit long but he defientely discuesses this issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65Watj1-58

Insha'Allah may Allah guide you.
But please do not let shaytaan deicive into thinking of things which are absolutly false. shaytaan will put you in eternal doom, you dont want that, do you?

coddles76
08-26-2008, 04:48 AM
If you want to please Allah SWT then you will try your utmost best to change your desires and follow the desire of Allah SWT and Allah SWT has made Women pure and halal for you not Men.

Quran 5:5
This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are Believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time, when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues. If any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

So follow what Allah SWT has made good and pure for you and reject your evil desires, that would be best for you if you but knew. Seek Help, there are many trustworthy people out there that can help you.

Eeman
08-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Oh so he isnt a one post wonder Alhumdulillah...
i really want to ask a question but i know its too personal and dont think its appropriate i guess curiosity is getting the best of me.
i agree with sister syke she is right... so your NOT gay cheer up... i suggest you start educating yourself about islam take small steps dont just dive into it... ramadhan is comingup Insha'Allah best month of the year make it your 1st one, fast make dua loads of it start your salah... bro believe me once you turn toAllah swt ok at first it may be a lil hard but in time you will see that Insha'Allah you'll be fine.:)

manaal
08-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Let me address the problem of you not being very Islamic rather than the gay bit. I don't have any experience with gay people so I can't comment on that. But I do feel that learning more about your religion will help you see the light Insha Allah.

There is a person very close to me who wasn't all that Islamic. But lately he has been listening to recordings of translation of the Holy Qura'n (starting with the simple surahs about the stories of the prophets) and also talk on the Life of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) (this is called 'seerah'). Insh Allah I will get you links to the sites he downlaoded these recordings from. He listens to them in his car while he drives around for work. (He drives a lot). And has found it's more calming and beneficial than listening to music. And he's becoming a better Muslim, Masha Allah. Preaches to me now!

MustafaMc
08-26-2008, 12:09 PM
second im not active sexually
Alhamdulillah, as has been said the sin is in the act. Desires such as you speak of come from Shaytan. Do you remember Surah Nas asking Allah for protection from the evil of the withdrawing whisperer? Having the bad desire and not acting on it to actually commit the sin is actually recorded as a good deed, such is the Mercy of Alllah.
well my childhood >>>>>> . ... since i was six after that experience i hated females and everything about girls.
I can understand that must have been a very traumatic experience that altered the way that you feel toward both females and males. This is extremely unfortunate in your case, but Allah did not make you gay in your mother's womb. Like being born to an irreligious family, your childhood experience was not of your choosing and it is unfortunate. Your coming here to LI tells me that you are trying to overcome your upbringing and better yourself.
okay so i made a mistake by not capitalizing MUSLIM. i reallly need your help.
Please, forgive me, but your indicating you are not very religious explains what was emphasized and what was not. Insha'Allah, as you grow in Islam, you will see yourself first as primarily a Muslim and secondarily as being gay and then, Allah willing you will see yourself as not being a homosexual at all. I am very glad that you have not acted on your desires. This speaks well of you.

We must tell you that homosexuality is clearly a sin.

Qur'an 51:31-34 Ibrahim (Abraham) asked: "O Divine Messengers, what is your errand?" They replied: "We have been sent to a guilty nation(people of Lot, who were homosexuals), to shower upon them brimstone, marked by your Rabb for the transgressors."

11:82-83 When Our Judgement came to pass, We turned the cities upside down and rained down on them brimstones of baked clay, layer upon layer,
specially marked by your Rabb. Such scourge is not far off from the wrongdoers!

26:160-166 The people of Lut (Lot), also, disbelieved their Rasools. Remember when their brother Lut asked them: "Have you no fear of Allah? Rest assured that I am a trustworthy Rasool of Allah towards you. So fear Allah and obey me. I do not ask you any reward for my services, for my reward will be given by the Rabb of the Worlds. Will you fornicate with males from among the creatures of the worlds and leave those whom your Rabb has created for you to be your mates? Nay! You are a people who have transgressed all limits."

Allah is Merciful and Oft-Returning, may He continue to guideyou to the Straight Way and preserve you from major sins.

M..x
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM

this is tooo much.... i cant reply to all of theses i just came home from work .. as all u can see i was a bit busy. but i appreciate everyone for trying to help me. first i want to say that i am not that religious. but i am trying to learn. as far as that goes about me saying there isnt a word for homosexuality thats what the scholar ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS6zqzbZHA) said so i been looking into it. since this is a islamic forum i assumed i would find my answers to that. second im not active sexually . about the girl she doesn't know that i am NOR my family . and i said before i dont want to ruin her life. my friend hes a really great muslims told me i should get married and that will prevent me from being on the haram side . he have tried so many times to help me. 1) but im still confused

well my childhood >>>>>> . my family are not religious as well. i grew up in a family who lack of religion and to them the most important thing is education money etc. and 2) since i am living in the west its very hard to stay religious from the environment and my role models( family) . something did happen in my childhood but its really personal and it did change me ever since that point. and ever since i was six after that experience i hated females and everything about girls. okay so i made a mistake by not capitalizing MUSLIM. i reallly need your help.
1) Dude, you know its haraam, and its prolly guna take you a lot to abstain/stay away from it from it buh what you confused abouh? Fight your nafs. We can't make halaal to fit our own desires what Allah has clearly made haraam
2) Yep, true that, its hard to be practice to tha fullest when all we see around us is haraam. Buh then that excuse is kinda pathetic, When the people of tha past adopted a total NEW way of life? They still manage to practiced tha religion to its fullest, in every aspect they were able too, yet we sit here crying a river like no manz buisiness. Its hard, but not impossible. So start learn abouh your deen... Supplication is tha weapon of tha beleiver..
3) How can you HATE tha entire female population cause of one bad experiance in th past? C'mon bro, we're not as bad as you think. Gosh... We are humans. Judge not us all by tha action of just one. =)
Peace

UNKNOWN08
09-04-2008, 02:57 AM
i don't hate females its like every time i see them i just remember what had happen to me. my parents are getting me married after eid, what should i do. i don't think i have a choice in this matter . should i tell them . i have told them i am not ready , but no one listen. i have tired talking to my father he said grow up and don't be selfish we need this. .i suppose its all about the business !

Eric H
09-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Greetings and peace be with you UNKNOWN08; welcome to the forum;

Each of us struggles with our many different sins, none of us here are really able to pass judgement on another sinner, but just a couple of thoughts.

If a woman did something to you when you were six years old, it does not mean that all women will do the same.

If you have not had a sexual relationship with a man, whatever makes you think this will be better than a relationship with a woman?

More often it is men who abuse children.

In the spirit of praying for mercy, forgiveness and hope.

Eric

جوري
09-04-2008, 03:59 AM
i don't hate females its like every time i see them i just remember what had happen to me. my parents are getting me married after eid, what should i do. i don't think i have a choice in this matter . should i tell them . i have told them i am not ready , but no one listen. i have tired talking to my father he said grow up and don't be selfish we need this. .i suppose its all about the business !
I am suspecting your father knows and this is his remedy for what ails your psyche!
have you ever thought about that?
parents can tell, it doesn't matter how secretive or skilled you think you are at hiding things!

YusufNoor
09-04-2008, 04:08 AM

Astargfirullah Akhi,

i meant to respond to this sooner, but i reckon i forgot. keep in mind this is a little over my pay grade, but here's how i see your difficulty[s]:

1) your parents want to marry you off in a Assibiyan kind of way.

2) something really bad happened when you were young

3) as a result of #2, you believe you are gay

4) you and your family haven't paid alot of attention to our Religion.

on telling ANY Muslim that you are gay, i VEHEMENTLY recommend against it! i can't[OK, i can, which is why you shouldn't] imagine what someone might do to you!

as for #1, ALOT of Muslims end up in your position, granted you have added a slightly different twist to it. but, honesty, look at the situation like every other Muslim in an arranged marriage situation. don't know if it helps, but seek help accordingly.

# 2 + #3 are hard, but separate them from the whole "marriage" thingy!

#4 is why you have the current problem that you do! perhaps Allah[swt] is calling you back to the "straight path" [erm, no pun intended there] and what you really need to concentrate on this Ramadhan is your Islam! make your duas after fasting each day and try to put this all in Allah's care. i don't see anyone else that can assist you as good as He can!

MAYBE Allah is rescuing you by having you get married now, MAYBE the Sister is ready to get serious about her Deen, MAYBE not, Allah know best!

just brain storming here:

MAYBE that's your our right now, get REAL Religious and let her know what to expect, maybe she won't want to marry you!

you can[AFTER you've sized her up] tell her about #2, but NOT #3! [if you do, you'll be unsafe from her family as well as your own!] it might/probably will affect your performance, so IF you marry her you WILL need to talk about it.

at any rate, concentrate on Islam and try to assess whether or not this sister might not actually make a decent wife [HELL, your not perfect either!]

leaving out #2 & #3, actively seek help from others...

sorry, it's all i got right now! but hey, Eid is not for another 27 days!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.