/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you a fan of relatives marriege?

Danah
08-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Al Salam Alykom

Would you prefer to marry someone of your relatives or you tend to find your future husband/wife outside the family, and why?

I know that there are still many families value the relatives marriage, so what do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
08-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Aleykum selam,

Outside the family, no question about it. It's even Islamically more preferable.

Kas1m
08-24-2008, 10:37 AM
I am already married and i chose outside because its better. I have got one or two girls at my age but they in uk and spoiled so i married a girl from pakistan. Its the best decision

Tania
08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Outside :) all my relatives near to my age are married but my family never practiced the relatives marriage (not like i would have been interested :-[)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Not a fan of it, but it's allowed so no matter if someone else does it, just not me.

One of the reasons I wouldn't go for it is that I think it would be missing out on the chances of getting to know new people and family etc. which comes when you marry an outsider.

It used to be kinda tradition in my village here in Malaysia for family to marry family but that was only until about 50 years ago, so just about everyone here in my village is related in someway :D

crayon
08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Ahh, NO, definitely not. Can cause problems not only genetically, but also between the families, a lot of the time.

I don't mind when other people do it, though, it's just not for me. Plus my cousins are.....let's just say, not my type..

Danah
08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
yeah subhan allah even in islam it is preferable,
but until now, there are many families especially in the midel east and in the Arabian gulf region are still holding those traditions so tightly, many parents decide the future wife/husband for their children from an early ages to raise the ideas on their heads that they dont have to look around for any other choice if he/she has their cousins by their sides.

what a traditions!!

For me I am against that, it is not the main reason for the genetically diseases but also when any silly problem happened between the couple it becomes a disaster for the whole family

Kas1m
08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
even scientifically it creates problems in blood if you marry in family.

Nájlá
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
:sl:
i am not a fan of it.
i seen so much couples that are cousins and are not happy and theres always a problem between them. and then family gets involve. its just terible.

Güven
08-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Well I wouldnt Have a Problem With That , But ME myself nooooo

Kas1m
08-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Thats correct. Its best to marry a stranger. I wouldnt like my family. I dont like much people. Talking and talking

Nájlá
08-24-2008, 04:32 PM
yeh i wouldnt have a problem with it. by for me to marry someone from my relatives its a no way. but allahu 'alam

Orn
08-24-2008, 04:51 PM
answer in one word......no

crayon
08-24-2008, 07:50 PM
A poll would be interesting, perhaps one of the mods could add one?

Danah
08-24-2008, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
A poll would be interesting, perhaps one of the mods could add one?
Yeah I would like to add one in the beginning with three choices Yes/ No/ I dont care but dont know why it did not work with me:-[

Please any mod do it if you dont mind:) jazakum allah khair

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-24-2008, 10:53 PM
:wasalamex

I'm not. Althoug it's permissible, there better options, and it's better for the families, more new people.

Cabdullahi
08-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Ahh, NO, definitely not. Can cause problems not only genetically, but also between the families, a lot of the time.

I don't mind when other people do it, though, it's just not for me. Plus my cousins are.....let's just say, not my type..
very Picky:rollseyes

crayon
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
very Picky:rollseyes
If you knew my cousins you'd be picky too, lol.

Cabdullahi
08-24-2008, 11:41 PM
If you knew my cousins you'd be picky too, lol.
yeeeah i was only joking ,my cousins are not for me but i probably havent seen my far away cousins they might be mashallah ,kinda my type

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.