/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with jihad?

ebu_hanife
08-25-2008, 06:30 AM
:sl:

i don't know it is the right place to ask this question but i don't know where else. we are witness of a "madness" in jihad. u have people who is calling him self muslim and he kill woman and children.

i want to know what is your opinion about that but please give answers based in Qur'an and Hadith.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
coddles76
08-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Try this site

http://islamworld.net/docs/jihad.html

And Allah SWT knows best

Saadet
09-03-2008, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ebu_hanife

i don't know it is the right place to ask this question but i don't know where else. we are witness of a "madness" in jihad. u have people who is calling him self muslim and he kill woman and children.

i want to know what is your opinion about that but please give answers based in Qur'an and Hadith.

There is nothing wrong with Jihad. There is something wrong with human nature.

There are some who have a sincere desire for Jihad, and while their intentions are well placed, their actions are haram. I'll give an example:

The Beslan school seige. I think everyone is familiar with what happened there. The oft-repeated justification I hear from Muslims is, "So some kids died, the Russians killed 20,000 children in Chechnya!"

To answer the above, I'll give two quotations:

"Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone." - Abu Bakr (ra)

"You do not return evil for evil, but excuse and forgive." Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 362, narrated by Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As

Inasmuch as I would have liked it if the Bosniak, upon seizing the upper hand during the Bosnian War, slaughtered every Serbian man, woman and child and burnt every Serb village in all of Bosna, I recognize that such actions would be haram.

There are also those who are foolish enough to be manipulated by foreign elements who seek to discredit the mujahedin (think: bombing crowded civilian markets in Baghdad). And lastly there are those who don the guise of mujahedin in order to try and attach some legitimacy to their otherwise criminal actions. Think Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines and the so-called 'Taleban' operating in parts of Afghanistan.

A real Mujahid must follow the rules of war laid down in Islam or else he is not fighting Jihad, he is fighting for something else.

There is a hadith where the Prophet (saws) says that so-and-so who died in battle was not shahid. When the Sahaba asked how that could be, the Prophet told him that the man fought only that people should say of him, "Oh, how brave he is!"

If I went to Bosna and killed Serbs randomly, unarmed civilians, women and children, that would not be Jihad. I would be killing for the sake of my hatred for Serbs only.

fuzalert
09-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Saadet,
mashallah i completely agree with you.
The way Jihads do such is haram :(.
Inshallah, Allah will lead them to the correct path.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.