/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any divers on board?

جوري
08-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Any brothers or sisters here who go diving?
Some friends of mine went diving in the Galapagos and sent me some pix.. looks absolustely amazing.. I'd be terrfied though to go so deep..
but would like to read of your experiences and stories and see some pix if you have them pls?

Jazakoum Allah khyran

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah it does seem quite cool when they show it on TV, people jump from some crazy heights. I think you need to have quite a lot of experience for iut htought because if you land slightly flat you could do some damage.

Ive always also thought about doing sky diving but id pobably feel diffrently once the time came to jump.

qassy!
08-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes I drive my Audi S3. Sister do you mean cycling?

Güven
08-25-2008, 10:30 PM
I think She Means The "Sea" Diving Not the Sky Diving Altough Both are quite Cool

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
08-25-2008, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Yes I drive my Audi S3. Sister do you mean cycling?
How Many Times did You Mention Your Car on this Forum loool :p

qassy!
08-25-2008, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I think She Means The "Sea" Diving Not the Sky Diving Altough Both are quite Cool
woooooppsss im not wearing my contact lenses, can't see properly :-[, i thought sister ment driving
How Many Times did You Mention Your Car on this Forum loool :p

its the love of my life!

ayan333
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
:sl:

ill proabably drown in 5 feet of water

جوري
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
sky diving and sea diving are equally bad.. but diving needs a course or two, because your sensorium can be altered at certain depth, actually no different than having high altitude hypoxia, only you can lose your noodles.. also coming up too fast can give you the bends.. my friends who are divers are certfied, they have been doing it for years.. I can't bring myself to try it.. but was curious if we had any on board.. I have seen a photo here of a Muslim diver praying on the ocean floor, was pretty cool I thought :-[

qassy!
08-25-2008, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
sky diving and sea diving are equally bad.. but diving needs a course or two, because your sensorium can be altered at certain depth, actually no different than having high altitude hypoxia, only you can lose your noodles.. also coming up too fast can give you the bends.. my friends who are divers are certfied, they have been doing it for years.. I can't bring myself to try it.. but was curious if we had any on board.. I have seen a photo here of a Muslim diver praying on the ocean floor, was pretty cool I thought :-[

have you ever done sky diving? inshallah i will one day, i would love to. My ONLY worry is, that the parachute won't open :-[

Güven
08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Thats Sounds Awesome Praying Under Water , I wonder How It feel :statisfie

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Perhaps she meant drivers for a trip to the Galapagos :p

جوري
08-25-2008, 10:39 PM

its the love of my life!
lol I can understand being in love with your car.. mine at times felt like the only true home I got especially when I was on the road alot.. and it is a nice refuge from awful people.. I run to mine when I want to get away.. and the bright side is, it can take you literally anywhere.. it is synonymous with freedom.. go ahead and talk about her all you want ;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Thats Sounds Awesome Praying Under Water , I wonder How It feel :statisfie
as long as you have enough oxygen to last throughout the prayer.

Güven
08-25-2008, 10:40 PM
lol I can understand being in love with your car.. mine at times felt like the only true home I got especially when I was on the road alot.. and it is a nice refuge from awful people.. I run to mine when I want to get away.. and the bright side is, it can take you literally anywhere.. it is synonymous with freedom.. go ahead and talk about her all you want ;D

OMG Stop !! Or Ill Get Too excitet :laugh:

جوري
08-25-2008, 10:40 PM
have you ever done sky diving? inshallah i will one day, i would love to. My ONLY worry is, that the parachute won't open :-[
yeah.. it is awful.. my cousins are sky divers (an army) thing.. I wouldn't try it.. personally. I am painfully aware of my mortality..
I would prefer to dive and insha'Allah I shall try it soon.. just not this year :X

جوري
08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
where is that photo of the undersea diver at prayer?

qassy!
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM

jazaakallah

yes it is, when you want to get away, just relax, just go for a drive, sometimes when im stressed out or something, i just in my car, just relax, while the Audi S Line seats keep my comfortable, never gives you pain or nothing. She's beautiful, but very costly :( - you can get away from things i love it!

When people dont respect it I go mad :raging:, once me and my freind where going through McDonald's drive through and she spilt her milkshake all over the seats, and I kicked her out of my car and let her walk home. £50 is cost me to get it cleaned up!!

qassy!
08-25-2008, 10:43 PM
OMG Stop !! Or Ill Get Too excitet :laugh:
guess you cant drive :D
yeah.. it is awful.. my cousins are sky divers (an army) thing.. I wouldn't try it.. personally. I am painfully aware of my mortality..
I would prefer to dive and insha'Allah I shall try it soon.. just not this year :X

inshallah ill take it up one day!

Güven
08-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I dunnno This One Maybe ?? :

Güven
08-25-2008, 10:47 PM
guess you cant drive :D

Not realyy :-[

ayan333
08-25-2008, 10:47 PM

InshALLAH ill have mine soon,InshALLAH sometime this month...cant wait to start driving to the Masjid...im pretty usre ill love my car too

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Bungee jumping is also good if you dont like to get wet.

crayon
I would love to go sky diving.. I actually had the chance to this summer, but my parents freaked and didn't let me. Meh.

Normal diving would be great too, though, just don't know how I'd manage it with my hijab.. Never been diving, but I have been snorkeling, lol.

جوري
I dunnno This One Maybe ?? :

brilliant.. thanks :D

جوري
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

InshALLAH ill have mine soon,InshALLAH sometime this month...cant wait to start driving to the Masjid...im pretty usre ill love my car too

May Allah bless you with the car of your dreams..
I have had my best times in my car.. including one special night in early july when all the fireflies were out and it was just me and them and the open road..

Masha'Allah.. it brings me happiness to think of that night..

Keltoi
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
I haven't done any deep sea diving, just in shallow water. By shallow I mean around 50 or 60 ft underwater. Its like a whole different world. I imagine even moreso in the deep sea.

جوري
08-25-2008, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I would love to go sky diving.. I actually had the chance to this summer, but my parents freaked and didn't let me. Meh.

Normal diving would be great too, though, just don't know how I'd manage it with my hijab.. Never been diving, but I have been snorkeling, lol.
they have sports hijab.. as for diving, you'r covered from head to toe, no one could even tell if you are male or female in that garb ..
just go with a group you trust... because you need trusty friends when you are diving..it can be dangerous and you have to rely on one another..

جوري
08-25-2008, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I haven't done any deep sea diving, just in shallow water. By shallow I mean around 50 or 60 ft underwater. Its like a whole different world. I imagine even moreso in the deep sea.
it is indeed.. the deeper you go, the greater the pressure on the body and the air becomes more dense and when a person feels an altered sensorium like say as happens in any unusual situation or even because it is very cold the deeper one goes the more mentally cloudy they become, and if they realize it, they come up too fast the air expands within the bloodstream. allowing nitrogen to escape which is what is called the the bends, it is fatal if not treated in one of those decompression chambers, air expands into bubbles within the body and brain and it is all over..

so it definitely requires some thought.. when I was in my teenage yrs.. those things didn't mean anything.. I wish I had tried it then, instead of being handicapped by over thinking everything..

peace

ayan333
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
May Allah bless you with the car of your dreams..
I have had my best times in my car.. including one special night in early july when all the butterflies were out and it was just me and them and the open road..

Masha'Allah.. it brings me happiness to think of that night..

JazakALLAH Khair sis,at this moment i really dnt care wut kind of car i get,couples of months ago i was so picky,first i wanted a mini cooper then a pt cruier n now i couldnt care less,as long as it has 4 wheels and isnt missing doors and wnt brake down on me,im fine iwth it

i jus want to get out of skool early and go to the Masjid and Pray since im always 1 1/2 hours late for Duhr cuz they dnt let us get out of class to Pray but JazakALLAh Khair

جوري
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

JazakALLAH Khair sis,at this moment i really dnt care wut kind of car i get,couples of months ago i was so picky,first i wanted a mini cooper then a pt cruier n now i couldnt care less,as long as it has 4 wheels and isnt missing doors and wnt brake down on me,im fine iwth it

i jus want to get out of skool early and go to the Masjid and Pray since im always 1 1/2 hours late for Duhr cuz they dnt let us get out of class to Pray but JazakALLAh Khair

I am a fan of four by fours, I have a Nissan pathfinder, and I talk to her like she was a breathing living human being.. when she gives me a hard time, I feel like maybe I hurt her feelings or something :rollseyes lol..
but, I have had some serious history with my car... she is terribly moody --typical woman ;D.. I guess that is why she and I get along :X

on the front of her I have metal bars, she is a good sweet gal eh.. most of the time :-[

ayan333
08-25-2008, 11:24 PM
I am a fan of four by fours, I have a Nissan pathfinder, and I talk to her like she was a breathing living human being.. when she gives me a hard time, I feel like maybe I hurt her feelings or something :rollseyes lol..
but, I have had some serious history with my car... she is terribly moody --typical woman ;D.. I guess that is why she and I get along :X

on the front of her I have metal bars, she is a good sweet gal eh.. most of the time :-[

sounds like ur describing a human being...kinda scary......jus playing...ium suppose to get my licens next week Insh ALLAH,so pz Pray that i get it..it'll be during Ramadan InshALLAH..parallel parking is kinda difffcult althouh that the first thing i learned how to do 2 years ago..ive seam to have forgotten

جوري
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Insha'Allah you'll do great.. take some pix of ur car and share..=)

p.s my car is alive and listening..

Gator
08-26-2008, 02:20 AM
I haven't gone scuba diving in over 10 years, but liked it a lot when I lived in Florida. I used to go down to the Florida Keys with friends and we'd dive (coral reefs & lobstering). If any one goes I would suggest John Pennycamp state park. You don't need to dive you can snorkel. Reef is near the beach and the fish are cool (like finding nemo).

The two best experiences I had was...

1) going to the Atlantic wall. Its where the shelf drops off to the abyssal plains. Just swiming out over the wall that plunges into darkness. And when your out and can't see the wall any more or ground and you're100' (about 3 atmosphere's of pressure though you don't really feel it) down its really scary. Plus me and my dive buddy saw two thresher sharks on the way back in.

2) Night dive off a beach and coming back at sunrise. Then going to Wendy's and eating half their menu.

That's about all. i would suggest it and always remember to keep breathing.

جوري
08-26-2008, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gator
I haven't gone scuba diving in over 10 years, but liked it a lot when I lived in Florida. I used to go down to the Florida Keys with friends and we'd dive (coral reefs & lobstering). If any one goes I would suggest John Pennycamp state park. You don't need to dive you can snorkel. Reef is near the beach and the fish are cool (like finding nemo).

The two best experiences I had was...

1) going to the Atlantic wall. Its where the shelf drops off to the abyssal plains. Just swiming out over the wall that plunges into darkness. And when your out and can't see the wall any more or ground and you're100' (about 3 atmosphere's of pressure though you don't really feel it) down its really scary. Plus me and my dive buddy saw two thresher sharks on the way back in.

2) Night dive off a beach and coming back at sunrise. Then going to Wendy's and eating half their menu.

That's about all. i would suggest it and always remember to keep breathing.

Thanks gator.. I really enjoyed reading about your experience..

where did you buy your diving suit from? or did you rent it?

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.