/* */

PDA

View Full Version : rules of hijab?

tasha
08-26-2008, 01:37 AM
I am slightly confused about the exact rules of hijab as there are many differences of opinions concerning exactly what body parts to cover. Two main points I am interested in learning about, is it necessary to cover the feet below the ankles? and should the hands be covered until the wrists or until the elbows? I would appreciate any info thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ishbah
08-28-2008, 10:05 PM
:sl:

Surah an-Nur verse 31

'And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings to cover their bosoms, and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule, or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to God together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.'

And in hadith;

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Asma bint Abu Bakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah while she was wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to her face and hands

For myself that means I cover my arms to my wrists and my legs below the ankles to my feet. I also choose to cover my face. Some argue this is compulsory, some not. I choose to because my face is for my husband and family; nobody else.

Hope this helps sister

:w:

ayan333
08-28-2008, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ishbah

Surah an-Nur verse 31

'And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings to cover their bosoms, and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule, or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to God together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful.'

And in hadith;

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Asma bint Abu Bakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah while she was wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to her face and hands

For myself that means I cover my arms to my wrists and my legs below the ankles to my feet. I also choose to cover my face. Some argue this is compulsory, some not. I choose to because my face is for my husband and family; nobody else.

Hope this helps sister

MashALLAH sis...your truly a inspiration....i want to were a niqaab soon InshALLAH..

i believ you should cover up to your wrist and ankles,,,but i also have a question,when i were flats or any tpe of open shoe were they can see the top of you foot is that allowed or do i have to wear socks?

JazakALLAH Khair in Advance

May ALLAH (SWA) reward all of us and guide us closer to HIM,Ameen

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful. Soorah Al-Ahzaab 33.59

julie sarri
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
:sl: well as far as i know the scholars differ in appionion on wether women should wear socks or not the bests way is to make sure the jibad or abayah is long enought to cover your feet thats how i wear mine

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
08-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't know the exact wording of the hadith; but a man went to the prophet S.A.W saying you could see his wife's ankle bracelet below her Jilbaab. He S.A.W said to lower it an arms length. I take this to mean cover the feet. Allah knows best and I'm not a scholar but that's what I do :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.