جوري
08-27-2008, 05:22 AM
http://food.aol.com/grilling/flavore...770x1200474383

http://www.anchorsfoodfinds.com/supersample.html

feel free to share your favs...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Germanrose20
08-27-2008, 05:46 AM
My favourite flavor is Sour cream & Onion. I do like original and sometimes Cheese.

But hands down, Sour Cream and Onion is the best for me, lol

Cabdullahi
08-27-2008, 06:18 AM
come on guys, smokey bacon now that flavour is the best...........just joking

Prawn cocktail

Trumble
08-27-2008, 06:39 AM

Sweet chilli. Yummmmmm....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
08-27-2008, 07:21 AM

Tapioca Chips (Chilli Flavour)

Tapioca Chips (Salty Flavour)

Tapioca Chips (Curry Flavour)

Banana Chips (Sweet Flavour)

Banana Chips (Salty Flavour)

Banana Chips (Curry Flavour)

Link: http://www.desaku.net/gambar-kerepek.asp

Orn
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Sour Cream & Onion cant resist it!

ayan333
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
:sl:

wo wa thread about chips...ok

i use to be addicted to flaming hot cheetos but theres pork enzymes in it so no more for me *sad*..ok im over it.. in the u.s almost everything contains pork...its ridiculous...theres so many fancy names for pork(gosh)..after a while i jus gived up looking up the ingrediantes

:w:

Tania
08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Salty potatoes chips :)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Crisps not chips!!

here in Englan Walkers are by far the most popular brand and from the the cheese and onion or the prawn cocktail flavours are the best.

I also used to like Doritos and real maccoys.

جوري
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
nice.. I ought to give all those a try.. when I was in England, I really loved the 'weenie wotsits' lol

anyhow my fav chip is this 'kettle cooked'

also like it in jalapeño.. but it gives me heart burn so I avoid it now..

those walkers chips are alot like lays here in the US aren't they? the style of the bag is the same even if the name is different..
miss vickies is also owned by the folks at lays... but it has a nice gourmet taste..

Güven
08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
WHats With All tHat Unkown Brands , I only KNow `Lays and Doritos :D

Musaafirah
08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Tomoato ketchup, Thai sweet chilli and worcester sauce from the Walkers range yummy..
cool original doritos and Worcester sauce flavoured french fries (But then that's also walkers)
I can go on, but the above are my favouritest favourites.. :D

جوري
08-27-2008, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
WHats With All tHat Unkown Brands , I only Now `Lays and Doritos :D
I hate to be the bearer of bad news akhi.. but doritos have porcine enzymes much like the cheese doodles :X
yikes.. yeah I had to give them up too

جوري
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

Tapioca Chips (Chilli Flavour)

Tapioca Chips (Salty Flavour)

Tapioca Chips (Curry Flavour)

Banana Chips (Sweet Flavour)

Banana Chips (Salty Flavour)

Banana Chips (Curry Flavour)

Link: http://www.desaku.net/gambar-kerepek.asp

what an interesting variety.. how can I buy malyasian food here in the U.S? do you know any companies that would send products here?

Güven
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I hate to be the bearer of bad news akhi.. but doritos have porcine enzymes much like the cheese doodles :X
well I didnt Say I eat Them, I dont Even like doritos lol :D

Ansariyah
08-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Pringles sour cream n onion...bt I only eat that once in a blue moon.

Guardian_angel
08-27-2008, 07:48 PM

Salaam
Doritos chilli heatwave are by far the best crisps around :D

ayan333
08-27-2008, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Tomoato ketchup, Thai sweet chilli and worcester sauce from the Walkers range yummy..
cool original doritos and Worcester sauce flavoured french fries (But then that's also walkers)
I can go on, but the above are my favouritest favourites.. :D

is Tomoato ketchup..is that sol din canada..had it up there but havnt seen it in the states

aadil77
08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guardian_angel

Salaam
Doritos chilli heatwave are by far the best crisps around :D
I used to love em until ....... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-alcohol.html

its soo annyoying when you discover stuff like this:raging:

Guardian_angel
08-27-2008, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I used to love em until ....... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-alcohol.html

its soo annyoying when you discover stuff like this:raging:
noooo i love them crisps.... wel loved them now :cry:

جوري
08-27-2008, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Pringles sour cream n onion...bt I only eat that once in a blue moon.
did you know that pringles is only 17% potato.. the rest unknown ;D

I am ruining it for everyone today ha? :X

Güven
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
heck Dont eat Chips anymore , lets search for something else ;D

جوري
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

is Tomoato ketchup..is that sol din canada..had it up there but havnt seen it in the states

they have it.. the very first post you can order the variety pack on line, butI think you can just get them at trader joe's..

and they were right in assessment.. you either love 'em or you hate 'em.. they are kind of unusual tasting...

Whatsthepoint
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm not fan of crisps, but I like the red pepper flavour.

جوري
08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I just wrote a message a comment back to the three morons who are so outraged at the Muslim outrage.. but knowing how the media works, it probably won't be published..

sigh..

Güven
08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
oooh what about this one ????:

Ingredients: potatoes, 100% sunflower oil and Salt

ayan333
08-27-2008, 09:44 PM

u dnt want me to get started with the Halal,Haram things...o boy,yall woul dhate me...at my Masjid tehy call "Halal Police"..if only they new wut im trying to help them for

but the nacho cheese daritos has pork enzymes..when i calle dthem they didnt even let me finish my question,the lady said it so fast cuz alot of plp have called and asked

on the list is all Daritos including cooler ranch although it doesnt really have a cheesy flavour..when i called (n we've called numerous times) theyve told us taht all chips with cheese and enzymes (which is basically everything *sad*) has enzymes from animals,plants or staright up pork...she said some are made from plant enzymes but majority deprives from animals..hate to say it..soweey..dats life

Yaa ayyuhaa an-naasu kuloo mimma fiy al-ardhi halalan tayyiban wa laa tattabi'oo khutuwaat ash-shaitaan innahu lakum 'aduwun mubeen.}

{O, people, eat from what is on the Earth lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitaan. Surely, he is to you all a clear enemy.} Al-Baqarah: 168

"Inna al-halala bayyin wa al-harama bayyin wa bainahumaa mushtabihaat laa ya'lamuhunna kathirun min an-naas. Faman ittaqaa ash-shubuhaati faqad istabra'a lideenihi wa 'irdhihi. Wa man waqa'a fiy ash-shubuhaati waqa'a fiy al-harami ka ar-raa'iy yar'aa haula al-himaa yooshaku an yarta'a fihi. Alaa inna likulli malikin himaa. Alaa inna himaa Allahi mahaarimuhu. Alaa inna fiy al-jasadi mudhghatan idhaa saluhat, saluha al-jasadu kulluhu, wa idhaa fasadat, fasada al-jasadu kulluhu. Alaa wa hiya al-qalb."

"The lawful is clear and the prohibited is clear and between them are some unclear issues which most of the people do not understand. So, whoever steers clear of these unclear issues has obtained innocence for his deen and his self-respect. And, whoever enters into the unclear issues, enters into the prohibited just like the shepherd who grazes his sheep around the royal pasture always about to graze on it. Surely, every sovereign has a forbidden zone. Surely, the forbidden zone of Allah is all that He has made haram. Surely, in the body there is a small chunk of meat. If it is wholesome, the entire body is wholesome and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt. Surely, it is the heart." Muslim & Bukhari

Avoiding the haram is imperative on every Muslim and must not be taken lightly. The Prophet (sas) warned us that the Ummah would reach a state when the haram gets taken lightly. He (sas) said:

"Ya'tiy 'alaa an-naasi zaman laa yubaali al-mar'u maa akhadha: a min al-halali am min al-haram?"

"A time will come over the people when an individual does not worry about what he takes: is it from the lawful or from the prohibited?" Al-Bukhari & An-Nasaa'i

SubhanALLAH!!!!! thats now!!!!

Committing the haram jeopardizes our other actions and places them in danger of not being accepted by Allah Most High. The Prophet (sas) mentioned the traveller on a long journey (usually one whose du'a is quickly answered by Allah), but "whose food is haram and whose drink is haram and whose clothing is haram and who has nurtured himself on haram - so HOW could his du'a ever be answered?" Muslim & At-Tirmidhi

Sufyan Ath-Thawri said: "To spend of the haram in an act of obedience to Allah is like trying to clean soiled clothing with urine. Soiled is not cleaned except with water and sin is not removed except with the halal.

جوري
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Sob7an Allah.. that is why I wrote on that page, but I know they won't publish it =(

I know when I go into resturants with my friends they bug me about this..
even those refried beans have lard, which my friends didn't know (that they put animal fat in a so-called vegeterian dish).. so one time, I was telling the waitress, I absoutely don't want this, that, those in my food. and my friends were like well I want it with ham, bacon, lard, porcine enzymes, and pork as a joke but I was really annoyed..
I am so surprised on how much they love that animal it is almost like a stable food group..
The mere scent of frying bacon is enough to send me vomiting.. I don't understand how they can willingly eat it?
Sob7an Allah

crayon
08-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Sometimes I so love living in a muslim country.. Everything is halal, there's no reading the ingredients, no asking about E numbers, nothing.. Alhamdullilah.

As for chips...

Oh the joy of clogged arteries!

Nájlá
08-27-2008, 10:37 PM

:thumbs_up

ayan333
08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Sob7an Allah.. that is why I wrote on that page, but I know they won't publish it =(

I know when I go into resturants with my friends they bug me about this..
even those refried beans have lard, which my friends didn't know (that they put animal fat in a so-called vegeterian dish).. so one time, I was telling the waitress, I absoutely don't want this, that, those in my food. and my friends were like well I want it with ham, bacon, lard, porcine enzymes, and pork as a joke but I was really annoyed..
I am so surprised on how much they love that animal it is almost like a stable food group..
The mere scent of frying bacon is enough to send me vomiting.. I don't understand how they can willingly eat it?
Sob7an Allah

i no how you feel sis...living in a non-muslim country is hard,i havnt ate bread in forever becuase they have enzymes as well...ive only ate th eones with kosher sign but that was only 1 or 2 times...i dnt even chew gum anymore..all wringly gums have be said to be haram..stride has alcohol..its ridiculous how many fancy name sthey have for pork..make sme sick..any the worst part about it is when you call the company most of the representatives tell you something differernt,one say its halal n other says it haram so i jus forget it..not worth not getting my Duas and Prayers accepted

atleast u get to eat out..i havnt went out to eat in ages (it feels like)..i eat cereal,cheeze-its(which Alahmudlilah is Halal) and bananas..thats wut my diet consistes of.

Sometimes I so love living in a muslim country.. Everything is halal, there's no reading the ingredients, no asking about E numbers, nothing.. Alhamdullilah.

sis

thats wut i always say but then they tell me that they even have haram products in saudia arabia..ALLAH (SWA) knows best

جوري
08-28-2008, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i no how you feel sis...living in a non-muslim country is hard,i havnt ate bread in forever becuase they have enzymes as well...ive only ate th eones with kosher sign but that was only 1 or 2 times...i dnt even chew gum anymore..all wringly gums have be said to be haram..stride has alcohol..its ridiculous how many fancy name sthey have for pork..make sme sick..any the worst part about it is when you call the company most of the representatives tell you something differernt,one say its halal n other says it haram so i jus forget it..not worth not getting my Duas and Prayers accepted

atleast u get to eat out..i havnt went out to eat in ages (it feels like)..i eat cereal,cheeze-its(which Alahmudlilah is Halal) and bananas..thats wut my diet consistes of.

sis

thats wut i always say but then they tell me that they even have haram products in saudia arabia..ALLAH (SWA) knows best

you'd be surprised, I have lived in Saudi Arabia, and they managed to import some questionable products including bacon, I believe they were caught, but most people go unknowingly just purchase things..

It is better to be aware than lax, so no one can take you for a ride no matter which country you are in..

There are many places that sport now the Halal sign, to be honest with you, personally I am not into junk food.. I usually buy organic things, because regardless of religious dietary restrictions, I have many problems one of is being lactose intolerant amongst other things..
imagine how bad things are for people with (MCAD) deficiency or phenylketonuria or celiac disease.. we are certainly blessed in many ways.. some people have to get their entire diets from speciality stores because they will end up dead literally if they eat regular foods...

whenever I am really sick, and I was terribly ill last week al7mlilah, I go into prophetic diet mode.. usually because I have no appetite so what I do is just force myself to have milk(with lactaid pills), dates, honey and bananas, maybe some nuts, everyday I am sick, that is pretty much all I have, and sob7an Allah, I recover shortly thereafter..

we have many great choices.. I believe we are the lucky ones..

Ramadan kareem

Mawaddah
08-28-2008, 12:44 AM
I used to love chips before, any brand, especiallly the spicy ones. I used to have cravings for Doritos and Cheese balls especially.

For the last few years tho I've been trying to keep off all the chemicals and unnatural preservatives which manufacturers pouuuurrrr into the food so i've stopped eating alot of things, and chips definitely included.

Now I just usually eat those tapioca and banana chips that north Malaysian mentioned when i'm in the mood for something crunchy and crispy. Most of the times I dont even buy them but just make it myself and they're sooooooooooo good masha'allah.

Or I just eat some keropok...in Malaysia there's loads of variety in them so it's all good :D

جوري
08-28-2008, 01:01 AM
pls send me the link to where I can buy it here in the US..

Mawaddah
08-28-2008, 01:03 AM
I'll try to look sis, if not maybe I can just send you some myself, I doubt if they sell it there though...let me check around.

Edit : Come to think of it I suddenly remember that I bought some at the grocery store whilst in the Bahamas, I was quite surprised to find them there actually, how about checking around at the asian grocery stores around you sis?

north_malaysian
08-28-2008, 01:05 AM
what an interesting variety.. how can I buy malyasian food here in the U.S? do you know any companies that would send products here?

you can buy online from the link given...but I dont know whether they would send it abroad too..maybe you can e-mail them...

Mawaddah did those chips herself...maybe you can ask her on how to make your own chips...

north_malaysian
08-28-2008, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Now I just usually eat those tapioca and banana chips that north Malaysian mentioned when i'm in the mood for something crunchy and crispy. Most of the times I dont even buy them but just make it myself and they're sooooooooooo good masha'allah.
we buy salty tapioca chips for Eid in kilos....every single eid....the guests just love it.

جوري
08-28-2008, 01:09 AM
haha.. I can't make sandwitches let alone specialized chips.. I looked at the site.. many things look amazing, but I am not sure what they are..:smile:

north_malaysian
08-28-2008, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Edit : Come to think of it I suddenly remember that I bought some at the grocery store whilst in the Bahamas, I was quite surprised to find them there actually, how about checking around at the asian grocery stores around you sis?
maybe in Indochinese or Thai grocery stores...

Tania
08-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Mawaddah could you give me please the recipe for potatoes chips :? :)

Ansariyah
08-28-2008, 10:30 PM

huh?

It's halal n thats all that matters.

wildkat
08-30-2008, 05:47 PM
doritos are not haraam! they say suitable for veggies on the back.

north_malaysian
08-30-2008, 06:39 PM
haha.. I can't make sandwitches let alone specialized chips.. I looked at the site.. many things look amazing, but I am not sure what they are..:smile:
I think that site also sells Eid cookies...

Eid cookies and chips are a MUST for Eid in Malaysia...

We have to place our order next week for Eid cookies...and usually buying the chips in the last days of Ramadan...

جوري
08-30-2008, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wildkat
doritos are not haraam! they say suitable for veggies on the back.
The ones here in the U.S are made of porcine enzymes.. I have called the company.. I believe every country has its own commissions..

you can tell there is a difference between how Pepsi tastes in the U.S compared to England or coke.. so indeed it might be made with halal ingredients in the U.K just not the case here imsad... although it is ok, because I was never a fan of them anyway :D..

جوري
08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I think that site also sells Eid cookies...

Eid cookies and chips are a MUST for Eid in Malaysia...

We have to place our order next week for Eid cookies...and usually buying the chips in the last days of Ramadan...
My mom makes Eid cookies yearly.. people love them.. but she makes them with 'ghee' samna? some sort of animal fat I am not sure what it is-- but the mere scent of it sends me vomiting so I refrain :X

north_malaysian
08-31-2008, 04:25 AM
My mom makes Eid cookies yearly.. people love them.. but she makes them with 'ghee' samna? some sort of animal fat I am not sure what it is-- but the mere scent of it sends me vomiting so I refrain :X

ghee (in Malaysian language - minyak sapi) is made from cow's milk... we use it too during Eid.. there is one famous sweet food in the northern region of Malaysia called "Halwa Maskat" (حلوة مسقط) which is made of ghee and sugar...maybe honey too...

Soulja Girl
08-31-2008, 10:03 AM

Or

Or

:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.