/* */

PDA

View Full Version : men wearing tight clothes a fitnah?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
assalamu alaikum

ok i got a serious question

i know in the hanafi madhab wearing tight clothes is makruh but not haram

but i was wondering, do men wearing tight clothes cause fitnah to women as women cause fitnah to men in their tight clothing?

NOTE: i do NOT wear tight clothes ! let that be clarified !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
08-27-2008, 11:34 AM
:salamext:

So do you want brothers opinions on this or sisters?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
lol sisters, i did wanna post as anon but .... :S

wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullaah

Al-Zaara
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Selam aleykum,

Oh, you follow the Hanafi madhhab?

Tight clothing for men as in pants or upper-body clothing? Or you mean both? There is a bit of a difference for me. And what kind of garment it is can also make an huge impact. If I understand you correctly, you want personal opinions, right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
^ i wanna know how our dressing (mens) affects our sisters in terms of fitnah.

i hope im not being rude or anythign here... am i :$...?

and sis ive always followed the hanafi madhab and never have left the hanafi fiqh in prayer Alhamdulillaah. The madhaahib are a strong pillar for us

------
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
:salamext:

Personally it doesn't affect me. But I know some sisters that it does have an affect on. It depends on the sister I guess.

Al-Zaara
08-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I knew you followed the Hanafi madhab in the beginning brother, but I had thought and actually gotten the impression that a while ago you had left following madhabs. I was just wanting it clarified, jazakAllah kheyr.

I dunno if it is inappropriate to ask, but it is important. Tight pants are just a no no... And tight clothing in the upper body can be fitnah aswell if the man in question is well built. And anyways, it looks better when it's a bit loose at least, both men and women, Muslim or not. And seriously, with very tight clothing, how can you move or actually feel comfortable?

Other than that, I personally don't feel like the random guy's clothing affects me the least. It's just clothes. I seldom see someone wearing tight and when I do, it's just shocking.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
ok jizakAllaah khair

the answers are important and appreciated

Mawaddah
08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
:sl:

I guess it depends on the sister in question. But for sure tight pants are a big no. They just cause me to feel disgusted. Think male gymnasts *gag*
Tight shirts? not exactly fitnah, but like sis Al-Zaara said, if the guy is well built, I might be tempted to take a second look.

There, I am being completely honest.

Ansariyah
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Fitnah no..but does make me wanna Puke... Salman Khan wanabees thas wat I call them. ~~throws up~~:X

erm and pls everyone keep it to urself thanks. We dont need to know. You know!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 01:01 PM
^ keep what to yourself? what you on about? :S

Ansariyah
08-27-2008, 01:03 PM
^ wat tempts some people etc..I dnt mean u.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
^ if you never knew that wearing tight clothes will attract a LOT of perverted attention from men you will probably wear it thinking its harmless. In this same way it is important for us to know what tempts you.

hope you get what im saying sis

Ansariyah
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
ok im going to be brutally honest

I get wat ur saying n all btt I think tis extremely shameless if people tell us (post) wat they find a turn on and tempts them etc.

Bt speaking generally yeah lots of calvin clein Models (men) do turn heads, in the Kufar society.

But Muslim Men tha's so wrong.

I think its so Gay~!:X

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
^ you mean on a personal level i guess

meh, by the looks of it men wearing tight clothes dont make a difference to sisters

thats all i wanted clarified and i think i got it

either way though i agree, tight clothes are more gay then anything

Germanrose20
08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't think that men or women should be wearing tight clothes in public. (again, this is my own personal opinion)
There are more possibilities of second or even third glances than if someone were wearing loose clothes. Plus, as another member has stated, tight clothes may be uncomfortable to move around in.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.