/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did the Prophet ( pbuh) pass away naturally or due to poison?

AntiKarateKid
08-28-2008, 05:03 AM
If he lived for 4 years after the poison, it seems to be a natural death yet why is there so much debate over this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
08-28-2008, 05:16 AM
where did you get this idea from?

AntiKarateKid
08-28-2008, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
where did you get this idea from?
I read some hadiths that popped up saying that the Prophet (pbuh) said he felt ill due to the poison or something. I found it strange that people would claim this and looked it up and there seems to be some sort of controversy.... or just some conspiracy theory.

doorster
08-28-2008, 06:02 AM
there are at least three different version of it depending on who is answering. There is a Muslim answer, then there is one from evangelical missionaries, then there are Shiite who have a different one altogether.

in any case does our after life or being Muslim depend on knowing the answer?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
coddles76
08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
there are at least three different version of it depending on who is answering. There is a Muslim answer, then there is one from evangelical missionaries, then there are Shiite who have a different one altogether.

in any case does our after life or being Muslim depend on knowing the answer?
Very well put Doorster....

"Muhammad (SAW) is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah, and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful. (Aali Imran 3:144)"

MustafaMc
08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Even if Prophet Muhammad (saaws) ultimately died from poisoning, he was protected from multiple assassination attempts until his mission was completed: "Today I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you and approved Al-Islam as a Deen" Qur'an 5:3

SixTen
08-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Your original assumption is flawed because - Abu Bakr :ra: also was poisoned, but the Prophet :saw: had put some saliva on it, which slowed the poison for a long time (ofcourse, it was Allah's doing ultimately) - (He finally died from that poison). Point being, if Allah willed, he could have made him live 5, 6 10 years, regardless of being poisoned or not.

Fazl Ahmad
08-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Nabi (alaihi salatu wa salam) was given poisonous meat to eat, and for a while it had a lethal effect on him, but Allah miraculously prolonged his life, and without Allah's intervention any human being would have died immediately from consuming such poison. When Nabi (alaihi salatu wa salam) finally passed from this world, if he were to be given a medical cause of death, it would be poisoning. So this is very interesting because Allah Taala gave Nabi (alaihi salatu wa salam) a long healthy life and a peaceful death, but at the same time blessed him with the spiritual status of "shaheed".

doorster
08-29-2008, 04:42 PM
this thread is going to be allowed to go on and on and on until every kind of speculation has been posted

doorster
10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
this thread is going to be allowed to go on and on and on until every kind of speculation has been posted
I'm gonna talk to me, and say ******* ***** * ***** ***** *:blind:

:cry:

aamirsaab
10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
:sl:

I think the confusion that surrounds this issue is that on the Prophet's death bed, he [saw] stated that he could feel the poison from 4 years back (according to what I have read on the matter anyway). So apart from some educated guesses we don't know for sure the exact details of his death (i.e. was it the poison from 4 years back or was it something else....it's really all speculation at this point). And, as such, it'd be best to lock this thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.