/* */

PDA

View Full Version : JIMAS conference 2008

BintAmjad
08-28-2008, 10:02 PM
:sl:

This thread is mainly for those that live in the UK

Did anyone here attend the JIMAS conference 'Believing in Allah Striving for Excellence' that took place on the bank holiday weekend that's just passed???

I was just curious to know about your experiences...I certainly enjoyed it thoroughly, had some top speakers and some top talks lined up this year...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Salaam,

I went! SubhanAllah it was amazing! I've really turned my life around. Was it your first time Sis? Did you hear Sohaib Hassan on Monday? SubhanAllah me, my Mum and my best friend were in tears

BintAmjad
08-29-2008, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE

I went! SubhanAllah it was amazing! I've really turned my life around. Was it your first time Sis? Did you hear Sohaib Hassan on Monday? SubhanAllah me, my Mum and my best friend were in tears[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you enjoyed it sis it truly is an amazing experience the whole atmosphere feels like you've suddenly been thrust into some place like Makkah. Its hard to believe your still in the UK lol. Alhamdulillah I've been attending Jimas as long as I can remember but this was the first time I actually got to hear some of the talks and subhanallah just being there gives you an eemaan boost but yeah i did hear the farewell speech Shaykh Sohaib's was particularly touching Masha'allah may Allah bless all the speakers and bless them with long lives so they may continue teaching the rest of us. Did you attend the seminar???

AhlaamBella
08-29-2008, 09:53 PM
No unfortunatly I couldn't make it to the seminars :(. I understand about the Emaan boost. I really needed this one lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
08-29-2008, 11:30 PM
ah finally a jimas conf thread :D

What a beautiful and wonderful conference. Everything ran quite smoothly.

Anyone attend the star gazing session?

AhlaamBella
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
ah finally a jimas conf thread :D
Lol tell me about it.

What a beautiful and wonderful conference. Everything ran quite smoothly.
Actually I got stung by something lol:D

Anyone attend the star gazing session?
:? didn't know there was one

aamirsaab
08-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I attended and saw most of the lectures on friday and saturday. Then I dislocated my knee during football (I took on the whole team....of 10 year olds) so missed Part 2 of Shabir Allys seminar on saturday. I also missed sunday and monday due to the injury so will wait until they become available on the internet (they said 2 weeks after the jimas).

From the lectures I saw: wow, freaking just WOW! Abu Muntasir was fantastic (as always) and Shabir Ally...my goodness -- he is quite possibly the most awesome canadian I have ever had the pleasure of being in the same room with! Of course, that would also make him the only canadian I have ever been in the same room with...

Should give a mention to witnessing 3 converts/reverts take the shahada (mashallah), all the sheiks and speakers who were present and just a big round of applause in general to the JIMAS: another excellent conference that I was able to attend and LEARN from. I look forward to the next one and really do recommend anyone to go to it; I gaurantee you will learn more from going to it than not.

The only downside of the 2008 jimas conference: no kebab rolls :cry:

M.B
08-31-2008, 09:59 AM
I live in leicester and i also attended to the conference alhamdulliah this is my 5 one and it was really good the whole atmosphere. I really enjoyed hearing all lectures but my fav was sheikh salim al amry his so good mashallah and funny.

Soulja Girl
08-31-2008, 10:05 AM

I really wanted to go... :(
My two fwiends went, they said it was really good...

AhlaamBella
08-31-2008, 03:00 PM
MarshAllah was excellent.... May not be on next year :cry:

wildkat
08-31-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
MarshAllah was excellent.... May not be on next year :cry:
Nope it wont.. but we'll be back in May 2010!!!

AhlaamBella
09-01-2008, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wildkat
Nope it wont.. but we'll be back in May 2010!!!
SubhanAllah seems such a long way off lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.