/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Coming of Ramadan brings me happy n down..

AnonymousPoster
08-29-2008, 10:57 AM
salam

As Ramadan is approaching I feel so Happy but I am also worried. I have an older sibling who isnt really practising. She encourages me to listen to Music. I can always hear the Music shes playing cause her room is right next to mine. She influences me alot. I dont know what to do. Today she told me to listen to Music cause it frees ur soul and that we should enjoy our life. I told her that I didnt want to listen but she disagrees with me.

I dont know how I can gain any taqwa. I think every morning I will hear Music, and every night. If I play Quraan, she tells me to use my headfones and not play it loud, but she can play her Music really loud.

She'll use things like "u shud listen 2 ur quran in private we dont all need to know ur listening to it". I have to always lower the volume so low I cant hear nothing or use my headfones.

I feel like she brings me down.:(..I love her shes my sis bt whn it comes to deen we are different.

Bein round her doesnt help my Imaan, I'm meant to look upto her.

I wish I could be away from her but I'm only 16 and I am not allowed to go anywhere "without her".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
you should tell someone like your mum or someone

tell her music is established to bein haram n dat she GOTTA STOP IT
if she insists on listening to it tell her do it where you cant hear it
if she dont agree (and you dont have to do this its just me) but i would first tell every elder/senior about it and then proceed to throwin away her music and destroying it all.

im not even kidding, i find this pretty sickening, the girl sounds like she giving music priority over Quran

Abdul Fattah
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Selam aleykum

This all sounds very familiar, don't worry, you are not the only one who has to deal with this. even the prophet (pbuh) had an uncle who refused to accept Islam. It is a part of life, and it's not easy to see the people you love down on the wrong road. all I can advice you to do is have lots of patience, and make lots of dua for them before it's to late.

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Today she told me to listen to Music cause it frees ur soul and that we should enjoy our life.
Actually, it's quite the opposite. Music doesn't "free" the soul, but it entraps it! Music calls out our raw emotions, and makes our mental state detached from real life. There's nothing wrong with being sad when the circumstances calls for it, and there's nothing wrong with being happy when the circumstances calls for it. But what music will do, is make you sad or happy for the wrong reasons. It pulls a veil in front of your eyes, a copy of this world where almost everything is the same, but where people experience emotions differently. This veil is anything but soul-freeing.

She'll use things like "u shud listen 2 ur quran in private we dont all need to know ur listening to it". I have to always lower the volume so low I cant hear nothing or use my headfones.
Tell her the same thing about her music, tell her we don't all need to know you're listening to it.

------
08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
:salamext:

Music effects ur soul, deeply. It aint good. But it can be hard giving it up. May Allaah Guide us all, Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.