/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Transition?'s Ramadhan Diary 2008

transition?
08-30-2008, 05:40 PM
:sl:

Hello Everyone,

I plan on making this my very first Ramadhan in which I actually fast and pray InshaAllah my very first true Ramadhan. This year, I will finally have to face my fears and go to the mosque after all this time. As much as I am nervous about going back to my mosque, I'm nervous about keeping my prayers and fasting up. I want this to be my turning point. InshaAllah. Psychology wise, it takes 27 days to make a habit, so ideally every good habit I make this month should stick with me. That's the beauty of Ramadhan. It's more than 27 days, perfect time and atmosphere to make those changes. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
08-31-2008, 07:59 PM

Time is starting to weigh down. I'm getting really excited. It's going be a challenge balancing all my new goals and daily work. But a reminder to myself and others, that as we get caught up talking to our Muslim brothers and sisters about Ramadhan, Allah (swt) is the Best Helper and Listens and Watches everything, it's important to REMEMBER ALLAH (swt). :thumbs_up

transition?
08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Here's some threads to look at:
http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...dan-goals.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...y-ramadan.html

manaal
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM
My Allah Help you hold fast to your good intentions!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
transition?
08-31-2008, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
My Allah Help you hold fast to your good intentions!

JazakAllah khair!
May Allah (swt) Guide Us all on the Straight Path and Allow us to increase our imaan this Ramadan!

:w:
Sister Transition

transition?
08-31-2008, 10:45 PM

It has only been a couple of hours since I last wrote, but I'm starting to fidget out of nervous excitement. I've never been this excited but nor have I been this nervous about Ramadan. I'm soooooooo nervous about getting my prayers done, or done on time. It's funny how one moment I feel like I can fight in war as Jihad and then a couple hours later, I have a hard time focusing. An hour ago, I suddenly got tired/bored and was tempted to watch a movie potentially dangerous to my imaan. It's in those truly difficult moments, where I usually lose. It's those same moments, years ago, when I first started accepting Islam wholly , I would give up on fasts and eat. After that, I just never continued to fast. But this year, I'm going to fast. A part of preparation for Ramadan, or life, is mental preparation. Gaining knowledge and surrounding yourself with knowledge that will inspire you to change paths back on to the righteous path during moments of temptation. To be honest, I'm truly nervous about trusting myself to do the right thing. But I find peace knowing Allah (swt) is with us every moment. I find peace that Allah (Swt) listens to our du'as in which we ask for help and guidance. Allah (swt) is the Best Helper and He Guides those who He choose to guide. :thumbs_up
InshaAllah, Allah (swt) Will Guide us all in the Righteous Path.

north_malaysian
09-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Ramadhan Kareem!!!:D:D

Good work...

ayan333
09-01-2008, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?

It has only been a couple of hours since I last wrote, but I'm starting to fidget out of nervous excitement. I've never been this excited but nor have I been this nervous about Ramadan. I'm soooooooo nervous about getting my prayers done, or done on time. It's funny how one moment I feel like I can fight in war as Jihad and then a couple hours later, I have a hard time focusing. An hour ago, I suddenly got tired/bored and was tempted to watch a movie potentially dangerous to my imaan. It's in those truly difficult moments, where I usually lose. It's those same moments, years ago, when I first started accepting Islam wholly , I would give up on fasts and eat. After that, I just never continued to fast. But this year, I'm going to fast. A part of preparation for Ramadan, or life, is mental preparation. Gaining knowledge and surrounding yourself with knowledge that will inspire you to change paths back on to the righteous path during moments of temptation. To be honest, I'm truly nervous about trusting myself to do the right thing. But I find peace knowing Allah (swt) is with us every moment. I find peace that Allah (Swt) listens to our du'as in which we ask for help and guidance. Allah (swt) is the Best Helper and He Guides those who He choose to guide. :thumbs_up
InshaAllah, Allah (swt) Will Guide us all in the Righteous Path.

Sis ive been a practicing Muslim my whole life Alhamduliah but i still have moments..we all do

yes sometimes i feel like im ready for death then a lil while later i dnt even believe i have a chance in going to heaven

ive never been so excited about Ramadan either,Alhamdulialh,ALLAH (SWA) has filled my heart with lovefor Islam,ALLAH (SWA) and Prophet Muhammed (saw)..never stop making Dua,because Walahi its great

but MashALLAH you sound ready

MashALLAH..you

transition?
09-01-2008, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

Sis ive been a practicing Muslim my whole life Alhamduliah but i still have moments..we all do

yes sometimes i feel like im ready for death then a lil while later i dnt even believe i have a chance in going to heaven

ive never been so excited about Ramadan either,Alhamdulialh,ALLAH (SWA) has filled my heart with lovefor Islam,ALLAH (SWA) and Prophet Muhammed (saw)..never stop making Dua,because Walahi its great

but MashALLAH you sound ready

MashALLAH..you

Lol, I may sound ready, but I hope I am ready when time comes to show. lol.
I see you're from Atlanta, going mosque hopping around Atlanta, seeing we have so many branches and mosques? :-[

InshaAllah! May Allah (swt) Bless you Strong iman/faith this Ramadan and the time to come!

transition?
09-02-2008, 01:40 AM

I didn't expect Ramadan to be easy. I didn't expect my family to be any nicer. I didn't expect my mom to stop shouting curses when she got angry. Considering I live with such nonreligious people in a nonreligious city, I didn't expect anything to change. I didn't expect the same Muslims I've known for the past 6 to 7 years, doing around the same things to change. My responsibility and ability to change things for people stops where they have to pick up. I "Leave people to their Creator. And if they never pick, then it's their own choice. But no matter what, I expected my own attitude and habits to pick up. , I never expected the world around me one day to adjust to Islam or Ramadan, but I did expect my own adjustment. That's probably the most difficult part about changing is trying to change when the world isn't. BUT... Allâh is sufficient for us and He is the best disposer of affairs....(Qur'an 3: 173)

I've had a difficult first day of Ramadan. It is difficult dealing with others who wish to continue being rude and sinning, while you try to keep your own fast. The only strategy I can think of is perseverance.

I had some very big goals and changes to make. I guess I didn't realize that I couldn't just wake up one day (even if it is the first day of ramadan) and change just like that. :exhausted

manaal
09-02-2008, 03:35 AM
There's something about the Holy Month that make people change their behavior... even i was very patient with my son the past two nigts when he refused to sleep. Normally I get really mad at him, this time Masha Allah, I controlled it!

transition?
09-04-2008, 12:19 AM
There's something about the Holy Month that make people change their behavior... even i was very patient with my son the past two nigts when he refused to sleep. Normally I get really mad at him, this time Masha Allah, I controlled it!
MashAllah! that's great! My old Sunday school teacher used to say that Shaitan was locked up during Ramadan, so everything we did in Ramadan was part of our true character!

transition?
09-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Ramadan is less or more okay. It's amazing how moments of faith fluctuates during the day too! I've been really worried about college applications. It's absolutely ruining my focus and attitude. I'm thinking of praying Istikarah when I get a chance. My mom won't let me go to Taraveeh during school nights, but I'm going this Friday! :-[ Really excited.

transition?
09-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Nighty night folks.

This here chica is going to sleep so she can wake up early.
I'm really happy. I know I can't change the past, but I'm really optimistic about the future.

faizan786
09-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Nighty night folks.

This here chica is going to sleep so she can wake up early.
I'm really happy. I know I can't change the past, but I'm really optimistic about the future.

Ramadan is truly special, and I'm glad to see that you're so passionate about it!

transition?
09-05-2008, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by faizan786
Ramadan is truly special, and I'm glad to see that you're so passionate about it!
I concur, brother. :D

transition?
09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm pretty sure there's already a Ramadan diary thread going around, lol. But feel free to post here. :sl:

transition?
09-05-2008, 12:51 AM

Progress: slow. Well it seems slow because many of my Ramadan goal are tiny. :-[. Example: brushing my teeth before prayer, and keeping my room/house cleaner, not procrastinating, keeping organized so my mind works clearer and I can focus on using my free time properly.

Today was quite the dilemma. This evening, I had to make the decision on something small. But in my mind, I sensed that even though it wasn't haram, it could eventually lead to sin. However, not doing it might have been rude. InshaAllah, I hope the choice I made was right. May Allah (swt) Guide Us to the Right Path. Whatever happens next I must be extra extra careful.
:thumbs_up

SubhanAllah! I also learned something new about Sunnah prayers! I'm really surprised that I was never taught it before!

:statisfie This day hasn't turned out perfectly. But this world isn't perfect! Only Jannah is. I plan on stepping it up a notch this coming week. The most difficult tasks have been understanding or memorizing Quran and time management of all these new goals.

But the cutest thing ever, my little brother is learning small Surahs and every time he is reading/memorizing, he tells me to please to shush because "he's doing bismillah!" He's so young, but incredible. MashAllah! Even though he is four, he still follows you when you pray, and when you leave he pretends to do it by himself, making sujud and rukuh. It's so adorable.

transition?
09-06-2008, 03:08 AM

Today was oifdsfiiurhefd. I'm so tired.

:exhausted I'm having a very hard time concentrating at jamat at the mosque. So many distractions! lol. little kids <3 gotta love them.

I need a living role model.

One of those days, when you realize the true meaning of perseverance.
Lol, you can kind of see the up and down situations/moods I've had in the past week. Faiths wears out like a sleeve.

Eric H
09-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Blessings and peace be with you transition;
Today was oifdsfiiurhefd. I'm so tired.

I need a living role model.
You are becoming that role model to your little brother:)

In the spirit of struggling through one more day.

Eric

cihad
09-06-2008, 11:01 AM
stay strong
i've got exams straight after Ramadaan, so i'm like freaking.
But on the positive side: more time to study and less time to eat

transition?
09-07-2008, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Blessings and peace be with you transition;

You are becoming that role model to your little brother:)

In the spirit of struggling through one more day.

Eric
Thank you!
you're so right. I didn't think of it that way.

Sister Transition?
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
stay strong
i've got exams straight after Ramadaan, so i'm like freaking.
But on the positive side: more time to study and less time to eat

aww, :thumbs_up, that is true! After prayer, the blood starts flowing and you can probably manage to get some work done.
That's the best part about Fajr. I absolutely love the idea of getting a head start. The day feels longer, and when I finish things earlier, I get time to do so many other things I want to get done but never feel that I can do.

transition?
09-07-2008, 02:55 AM

Stay Strong. Stay Strong. HOW? I made a mistake, the same one!
May Allah (swt) Forgive me. But I am avoiding grief. Allah (swt)is the Most Merciful and Best Helper. Why delve into grief and despair!?! All I can hope for is another chance for repentance and renewal! Optimism because the Lord is the Merciful, and the Benevolent. Muslims fear not the Mercy of the Allah (swt)!
We are asked to make a statement, the Shadah, and to stand behind it. Are we liars or do we tell the truth? Words must be spoken sincerely and actions must correspond to our testimony!

Oh Allah (swt), Spare us from being Hypocrites and liars.

Jealousy is not a good thing! Being jealous of the disbelievers! What they have is nothing compared to the faith and honor of a Muslim!

Oh Allah (swt), Creator of the Universe! the Protector, Guide us on the straight path.

manaal
09-07-2008, 03:46 AM

Ramadan is less or more okay. It's amazing how moments of faith fluctuates during the day too! I've been really worried about college applications. It's absolutely ruining my focus and attitude. I'm thinking of praying Istikarah when I get a chance. My mom won't let me go to Taraveeh during school nights, but I'm going this Friday! :-[ Really excited.

Sis, did you know that you can also pray Tarawih at home on your own? In need not be done in congregation. You can pray 8 Raka'ahs at home. If you don't don't know 8 surahs from emeory you can read off the quran, no problem.

Stay Strong. Stay Strong. HOW? I made a mistake, the same one!
May Allah (swt) Forgive me. But I am avoiding grief. Allah (swt)is the Most Merciful and Best Helper. Why delve into grief and despair!?! All I can hope for is another chance for repentance and renewal! Optimism because the Lord is the Merciful, and the Benevolent. Muslims fear not the Mercy of the Allah (swt)!
We are asked to make a statement, the Shadah, and to stand behind it. Are we liars or do we tell the truth? Words must be spoken sincerely and actions must correspond to our testimony!

Oh Allah (swt), Spare us from being Hypocrites and liars.

Jealousy is not a good thing! Being jealous of the disbelievers! What they have is nothing compared to the faith and honor of a Muslim!

Oh Allah (swt), Creator of the Universe! the Protector, Guide us on the straight path.

Sometimes, people make mistakes sis. We make resolutions and we break them, but the good thing is, if we realise it, we can ask Allah for forgiveness. And by asking Allah for forgiveness you are also making a promise not to do it again!

One way to hold on to your eemaan, is to remember that Allah is always watching you and knows what you do. But sometimes, we need some, shall i say 'down to earth' help. Tell a friend or a memeber of your families about yor intentions and ask them help you hold on to them by reminding you when you breal them. Insha Allah, you will find it easier.

transition?
09-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Note to self: Don't procrastinate.

A21Mujahid Toor
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Mostly People go to mosque in Ramadan. They should think about the other month. They should offered pray and fasting up. Ramadan is just for our practice. After Ramadan we do that regularly. Am I right?

transition?
09-09-2008, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A21Mujahid Toor
Mostly People go to mosque in Ramadan. They should think about the other month. They should offered pray and fasting up. Ramadan is just for our practice. After Ramadan we do that regularly. Am I right?

I'm not sure if I get exactly what you mean. :X

Well, women are not required to pray Fard at the mosque, unlike men, who are required to pray 5 times at the mosque. Yes, Muslims have to pray 5 times a day all year. Missing salat is considered one of things that makes you a disbeliever.
Ramadhan is not for practice because the same conditions apply throughout all the months of the year. Men are required to go mosque to pray. More people go to the mosque during Ramadhan because unfortunately, people just take this month and this month only to practice Islam, which is not proper at all.

transition?
09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Sis, did you know that you can also pray Tarawih at home on your own? In need not be done in congregation. You can pray 8 Raka'ahs at home. If you don't don't know 8 surahs from emeory you can read off the quran, no problem.

Sometimes, people make mistakes sis. We make resolutions and we break them, but the good thing is, if we realise it, we can ask Allah for forgiveness. And by asking Allah for forgiveness you are also making a promise not to do it again!

One way to hold on to your eemaan, is to remember that Allah is always watching you and knows what you do. But sometimes, we need some, shall i say 'down to earth' help. Tell a friend or a memeber of your families about yor intentions and ask them help you hold on to them by reminding you when you breal them. Insha Allah, you will find it easier.

Thank you !

Yeah, I definitely enjoy praying Taraveeh at home. I can get to sleep quicker too in time to wake up for fajr.

JazakAllah Khair for your help!

transition.

transition?
09-13-2008, 06:25 PM
2 weeks and 3 day until Eid ul Fitr. OMG.

Sorry haven't been able to update this. Been busy with Ramadan and school! I've been the prioritizing monster lol. Recently I started using a journal and an electronic organizer. Life has been busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Utilizing time is important.

transition?
09-14-2008, 07:56 PM

I recently had an epiphany. I was thinking about the Islamic bookstores around my town and the closest one it about 30 miles out! My original plan was to start a spa or coffee shop. But think about it, what relaxes the soul than Islam? :thumbs_up InshaAllah, I'm not sure if I'll stay close to my city as of next year. But opening an Islamic bookstore might be a good idea if I do.

transition?
09-17-2008, 12:42 AM

This Ramadhan is turning out to be a disaster. I keep on making the same mistakes. Today I didn't even wake up on time. Life is slowly going back to the way it used to be. :laugh: I'm caught up with so many things. I can't focus on the biggest priority. Days are so exhausting. I can remember. +o(

I want to keep my optimism and hope. But how long can a person do this? Is this just optimism or naivete ? to keep on hoping. Maybe I need a wake up pill. Am I doing everything I can? No.
I know I'm getting lost. but I can't focus. I don't even know what do next.

Perhaps this is my test. I was given a life in which everything was about the future, but my worldly future, my career, wealth, family, house.. etc. But I was chosen to be a Muslim and given above that a greater priority, a future in Heaven and a present in Worship. This is it. Everything I worked for is for getting into a good college. Everything I've worked for was the wrong future. How many times can a person ask for Guidance? to realize that part of that du'a has been answered. Isn't the Qur'an availabe? Translations? books from websites, downloadable books. Here it is, Transition. Wake up. Don't let your soul die before your body dies.

I'm so worried about my future and what college I'll get into that I've forgotten about the future in the Hereafter that matters more. What is 60 years of worldly life compared to infiniti? 0. zip. nil. nada.

transition?
09-17-2008, 12:56 AM

I've watched people grow into Muslims. Some of them started turning around their lives months after I had started. And I've seen how much they've improved and grown to follow Islam. I, on the other hand, feel like I've changed so little.
It's difficult. I'm stuck in transition. I can never find that right balance of life for the affairs of this dunya and the next. People in school aren't Muslims. They don't get it. I can't be around them without holding in my thoughts. But I can't alienate myself from them. I won't be able to survive.

Tomorrow is my birthday. It's amazing how time flies.
Robert Penn Warren characterized Depression as the "Great Sleep"

Snowflake
09-17-2008, 08:36 AM
asalam alaikum,

Keep going sis! You've done so well so far mashaAllah! One day of waking up late isn't a disaster. It's just one of those things that remind us we are only human (imperfect at that!) and all we can do is try our best. Think back to the buzz you first felt and you will feel revived inshaAllah. Also make sure you get enough sleep and are eating properly and drinking enough water. Recite al-Quran as much as possible as there is healing in it.

I love your enthusiasm sis. Keep it up inshaAllah. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen :)

Eric H
09-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Gretings and peace be with you transition?;
I can never find that right balance of life for the affairs of this dunya and the next.
Gently, gently, life is a journey always one day at a time, knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand. Do not be to eager to find all the answers today; God willing your journey could be another 70-80 years.

In the spirit of praying for the strength to get through one more day, and your birthday too.:)

Eric

transition?
09-19-2008, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
asalam alaikum,

Keep going sis! You've done so well so far mashaAllah! One day of waking up late isn't a disaster. It's just one of those things that remind us we are only human (imperfect at that!) and all we can do is try our best. Think back to the buzz you first felt and you will feel revived inshaAllah. Also make sure you get enough sleep and are eating properly and drinking enough water. Recite al-Quran as much as possible as there is healing in it.

I love your enthusiasm sis. Keep it up inshaAllah. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen :)
JazakAllah sister!
good advice. :-[ Oh I wish it was just missing one morning. Sister, that's just an indication of problems with procrastination.

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Gretings and peace be with you transition?;

Gently, gently, life is a journey always one day at a time, knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand. Do not be to eager to find all the answers today; God willing your journey could be another 70-80 years.

In the spirit of praying for the strength to get through one more day, and your birthday too.:)

Eric
JazakAllah!
so true, but Brother, I'm just worried because death can happen anytime. Sometimes we have to balance patience and activity. I'm starting to realize how much of life is about balance.

manaal
09-28-2008, 07:03 AM
sis, what have u been upto lately?

transition?
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
sis, what have u been upto lately?

Sister, I wish I could tell you a success story or some recent miracle. But being a Muslim is a constant process of self development. I've made mistakes this whole time, but I'm slowly learning to correct myself. and if I've shown any improvement, it's the ability to see bits of the truth in more things. I understand Ramadan is ending, but Muslims are muslims are year long!

how are you? Excited for Eid?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.