/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What a nightmare

جوري
09-01-2008, 06:32 AM
there is nothing worst about having a bad experience except to take the time to write about it.. so the contracted version of events, don't download Internet Explorer 8..
honestly for all of windows genius it can become quite the nightmare.. Now I know I am about as internet savvy as a bucolic country oaf.. but really shouldn't this be idiot proof.. that program has so many bugs and in lieu of listing them all here, up to and including how naturally it disables add-ons and doesn't allow for them even on the tool menu and every time I attempt to fix it and 'enable' to reverts to its old evil ways -- take it from a girl who just wasted three hrs of her life reading all the crap I could on this, and the bottom line of my search is
download crap cleaner (it is free) and remove yes REMOVE from existence Internet Explorer 8, let the morons at Microsoft deal with its endless bugs, and go back to an old version 7 or 6.. you know sometimes new and improved is new but crap ... you can't even download an old version once you have upgraded (big mistake) and try as I may I couldn't remove it from add/remove programs-- it just wasn't there.. Thank God for this program Crap Cleaner, I also really enjoyed the name and wish I can have one in the real world where I just activate and get rid and erase from memory all crap ;D but I do digress

Anyhow, that was word to the wise, wish someone had informed me before hand.. problem is, once I made firefox my default it automatically got rid of Internet Explorer, and some programs only run on it, so I didn't even know which version of it I had.. but so I just pass a pearl that cost me several hours =)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
09-01-2008, 09:15 AM
:sl:

loool "Crap cleaner" , well Since I got Firefox My Life became Alot better :D

جوري
09-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I like firefox too but Internet explorer is a necessary evil..
here is crap cleaner
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

I believe there is a way to add an icon of Explorer to firefox where you never have to visit Explorer again, but there is no point to that lol

Uthman
09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Since I got Firefox My Life became Alot better :D
Well I should think so! :D

Btw, I'm very sorry to hear about your ordeal, Skye. :rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-01-2008, 10:08 AM
^ likewise i too extend my sympathies

:D

Pk_#2
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Poor baby, Iz ari, you'll live!!

I got cream all over my mouse from yesterday, the keyboards? now sticking to my fingers..And makin' me hoooongreh. :BeRightBack:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I've been using CCleaner for a while and I would reccommend it.

~*Fatima*~
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Well I have been using Firefox ~! It's piece of cake~! I have the 8th version but I rarely use it. You got my sympathies as well Sista.

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
:wasalamex

Just one little think: I don't think you should uninstall IE, because there are certain programs that require IE to be installed. So, just leave, but DON'T use it. :D

Firefox rulez. 8) I have Opera installed as well, you never know when you'll need it. :p

Uthman
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Google are releasing a beta version of their own browser tomorrow called Chrome. Should be interesting.

Na7lah
09-03-2008, 12:32 AM
i never use firefox only Opera :D
and IE is there my sister uses it for her virtual school *u can only use IE*

Uthman
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.google.com/chrome

Download the browser and see what you think!

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Typically Google. :-) Not too many options, very, very simple. I'd like it with a bit more something, anything. :D Howeverm it looks very good, I hope they will make a "Google Chrome" skin for Ff.

Firefox still is numero uno. :p

Uthman
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I think both browsers are good but I'll stick with firefox for now. I do like the 'Most visited' page idea though. I hope they incorporate that into firefox as well!

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-03-2008, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Yeah, I think both browsers are good but I'll stick with firefox for now. I do like the 'Most visited' page idea though. I hope they incorporate that into firefox as well!
You have something like that in Ff. I know it exists as a bookmarks folder, but I don't know for something else.

faizan786
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
http://www.google.com/chrome

Download the browser and see what you think!
Yes & I'm using it. I like it. Firefox is also nice.

And you have no idea how much of a pain IE is. It's bad enough for users, it's incredibly horrible for those who are actually web designing and have to tailor everything for the IE audience. Microsoft stinks when it comes to their browser..:rollseyes

As for everyone using IE. I urge them to UPGRADE. Get a better browser or dont use the internet at all.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I think they were saying on the news that IE has 75% of the market, FF has 20% and 5% are others. They said GC wont make too much of an impact because people are not easily persuaded to give what they're used to, which is true.

Uthman
09-03-2008, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I think they were saying on the news that IE has 75% of the market, FF has 20% and 5% are others. They said GC wont make too much of an impact because people are not easily persuaded to give what they're used to, which is true.
Then again, Google does have unrivalled marketing potential! Most people probably use google as their search engine.

جوري
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
You should also try http://www.crystalxp.net/
go to bricopack if you have windows XP completely transfoms windows applications..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.