/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are We Allowed to Listen to Music when we are fasting?

atif_hussain
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I listen to hiphop/rap alot but when im fastin i listen to more of rap/hiphop that aint got swearing in thre?
can u listen to music at all when ur fasting?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah bro

im glad you asked :)

bro music has been declared haram by close enough to every scholar out there especially those pertaining to hiphop/rap

check out:

https://islamqa.info/en/12647

ayan333
09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
:sl:

Music is Haram period...

especially in the holy month of Ramadan

heavens are open,theres no need to listen to shaydaan

let go of music for the sake of ALLAH (SWA) ,and ull be rewarded by ALLAH (SWA)

hope everything works out and ALLAH (SWA) knows best

:w:

Fazl Ahmad
09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Hip Hop without musical instruments and if the lyrics do not contain swearing or anything haram is allowed to listen to. But during Ramadan you should concentrate on your ibadah and not worry about hip hop.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F0z14
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Salaam brother, from my knowledge music is haraam anyway so therefore it would be haraam whilst fasting definately

FatimaAsSideqah
09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Listening to music doesn't fulfill the purpose of fasting which is submit and giving up all things that make you commit sins, watching the videos or listening it is the same, it will divert you from remembering Allah Taala, by the way do you know why we say:

Ghufranak (O Allah forgive me) when we get out from the bathroom/WC? because we don't remember Allah inside it, so what if we are listening music?

------
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
:salamext:

Actually I want to ask something- does listening to music break your fast?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-01-2008, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Actually I want to ask something- does listening to music break your fast?
lol

maybe corrupts it a bit

atif_hussain
09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
ty brothers and sisters!

followeroftruth
09-01-2008, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by atif_hussain
I listen to hiphop/rap alot but when im fastin i listen to more of rap/hiphop that aint got swearing in thre?
can u listen to music at all when ur fasting?

Assalamu Alaikum brother
I just wanna let u know muzic is not allowed in Islam at all it is forbidden, haram and against the sunnah
Try listening to nasheeds and recitation

islamirama
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Listening to Music is haraam, therefore it is a sin. Ramadan is a blessed month, not only do we get sins for doing haraam this month but we get bigger sins because we are showing disrespected this sacred month.

Also, think about this. Allah made this month a month of mercy, where servants leave duniya behind to get close to Him and ask forgiveness. Are you going to mock Him and His month by not just chasing duniay but doing haraam that He has forbidden?

جوري
09-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't know that it invalidates your fast, I mean just to turn on your TV on the Arabic chanel before breaking your fast to await azhan and live prayer from Mecca, you'll be bombarded with 'religious' songs or commercial music...little kids singing for Ramadan..

It is no body's intent to listen to them, rather the fault whomever orchestrates the programs in that sequence..

be that as it may, I believe that it is Allah swt who accepts or rejects a person's fast, we can only strive to do our best to refrain from fast corrupters

and Allah knows best

Ansariyah
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Music n Quraan cannot reside in the same heart. One will kick out the other..and I am speaking of experience. Which one do you want to reside in ur heart?

doorster
09-02-2008, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I don't know that it invalidates your fast, I mean just to turn on your TV on the Arabic chanel before breaking your fast to await azhan and live prayer from Mecca, you'll be bombarded with 'religious' songs or commercial music...little kids singing for Ramadan..

It is no body's intent to listen to them, rather the fault whomever orchestrates the programs in that sequence..

be that as it may, I believe that it is Allah swt who accepts or rejects a person's fast, we can only strive to do our best to refrain from fast corrupters

and Allah knows best

I think someone should ask the "All music is haraam brigade"

Did the Muslim army, which took Mecca, march to the beat of drums?

------
09-02-2008, 11:44 AM

^ not that again!! those were DUFFS, those are allowed..

u know wot i cnt b askd

IbnAbdulHakim
09-02-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
I think someone should ask the "All music is haraam brigade"

Did the Muslim army, which took Mecca, march to the beat of drums?

lol

lol

you try take out one event which you might know a tiny bit about and ignore the tons of evidence by hundreds of classical scholars in which it clearly shows daff is permitted and other musical instruments prohibited?

qassy!
09-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I am trying my hardest not play any 50 Cent, instead I am listing to Sami Yousuf!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSMlhcnYNM&NR=1

IbnAbdulHakim
09-03-2008, 05:33 PM
^ mashaAllaah keep it up bro

altho it wudda been better if you went for zain bhika/ahmed bukhatir/ibrahim saeed/labbayk instead o sami yusuf :p

Riyadh-ul-Jannah
09-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Listening to music?
In the month of Ramdhan?
I'm sure thats not allowed because music is haram.
So in the holy month of Ramdhan I'm definite it is haram,
When you think 'I'll go an listen to some hip hop'
change your mind to 'I'll go and read the Qura'an'.
You will get reward for it and will not be punished.
Think about it.

BNDGR
09-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Ok from reading all the posts it is said to be haram to listen to music, but I was told during my halaqa that music should be avoided, but the only thing to actually break your fast is something physically entering an orifice of the body. Please clarify if you can for me with a verse from Quran or a hadith that shows this as sunnah??

abs
09-04-2008, 10:49 PM
no...

------
09-05-2008, 10:21 AM

As we have strayed from the original post and purpose of this thread,

:threadclo

Na7lah
09-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I think this thread has served its purpose

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.