/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maximum times to wake someone up for Suhur

Ansariyah
09-01-2008, 11:42 AM
:sl:

How many times wud u wake someone up in ur Family?

Wat if u call them 3 times, and they still keep sleeping and saying "yeah I will come soon".

n drft off to sleep again.....and miss Suhur.:rollseyes

I'm the lightest sleeper so I wake up all on my own, but cause of that I have to wake some people in my family who dont bother getting up when I say "wake up".

I'm going to get water and throw it on them:-[ lol...wat u suggest?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
09-01-2008, 12:05 PM

dnt spill water on them..they'll learn after the first day

:w:

Mawaddah
09-01-2008, 12:10 PM

I wake up fairly easily, and so does everyone else in my family alhamdulillah. But if they take too long to wake up then I just keep rapping and knocking on the door whilst yelling their name, they hate that! :D

FatimaAsSideqah
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I have always wake up 1 hour early before iftar. :)

You can do shouting 3 times then if they don't wake up then just leaving them to realise later, Insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
My friend was just telling me that her mothers method is to tell her and siblings, after they don't get up, "fine, don't get up, the adhan for fajr has just gone anyway". Apparently her brother wakes up like a mad person hoping to get a last sip of water in only to realise there is still half an hour left. :D

------
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
:salamext:

If they have a mobile phone, tell them to keep it under their pillow and keep ringing them.

Otherwise, a couple of water splashes on face.

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
:wasalamex

I think you shouldn't give up until it's too late for them to have suhur. Oooor, you can let them, bi idhnillah, not eat anything, and let them fast like that, which could be a good lesson. Or you can cheat, but both of these ,ethods were already mentioned. And, from my experience, I know that letting someone starve the whole day doesn't work. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
what happened to a good old belly slam? it use to work all the time, heck i still use it now and then

Sanobar
09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
my mum used to wake me up... wen i was yung... she used to keep splashin water on me till i woke up.. lol..... but i've heard 4rm many ppl that ... if u wanna wake up sumone... try doing so 3 times.. if still the person doesnt wake up.. leave him alone... ur fard is done? any idea abt this?

:w:

Ali.
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Shake him/her violently.

What?

OK only as a last resort use the above then.

Ansariyah
09-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Wicked Ideas plss keem them coming jzk..:D

My mom makes me wake them up or else I rather dont to be honest...Cause no one even pays any attention to me lol...

I got told today "I didnt even hear u, shudve yelled"... Silly excuse:rollseyes..:bump:..who wants to yell at 3 am?:muddlehea

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-02-2008, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
who wants to yell at 3 am?:muddlehea
Maybe not you... But someone who's going to miss his suhur. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.