/* */

PDA

View Full Version : something is worrying me...

Khadijah13
09-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Salaam Alaiykum

I recently reverted to Islam. al-Hamdulillahi, and have just started to fast for Ramadan. One problem that I have is that my parents are very anti Islamic, and so I have decided not to tell them of my reversion. I'm also a university student and my parents will be taking me back to university soon and as such, they want me to have lunch after they have dropped me off. So now I'm in a bit of a situation. I'm fasting (which my parents dont know about) and I dont want to have to break my fast as I have made a commitment to Allah (swt). I'm getting very anxious about what I should do? My parents expect me to eat with them, and I dont know if I should just tell them that I am not hungry (in which case I would hate lying to them)
I apologise if this is in the wrong section (or if my problem doesnt even make sense), but I could really use some advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
:sl:
First off: congratulations on your reversion to Islam. Secondly; ramadhan mubarak - may Allah make your first ramadhan a truly blessful experience.

Thirdly; I would recommend you speak to your parents about your reversion to Islam - important matters such as these should be talked about with your family. If you feel this may cause more harm than good, at least consult your close friends or an imaam about the matter; the latter will be able to give you more beneficial answers than I or anyone on the internet can.

Khadijah13
09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Thank you very much, Aamirsaab.

I will try to muster courage, but if I should fail, I'll ask some of my Muslim friends.

Ramadan Mubarak

highway_trekker
09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
:sl: Welcome to the Deen sister and Ramadhaan Mubarak :)

I would say there is nothing to hide, you have made a big step and the best one Inshaa'Allaah. And at the end of the day you're parents will see that what you have accepted is only good for you and a means of benefit to you-Inshaa'Allaah. Its not easy to say the least, but pick the right moment. I think timing is really important but so is being able to be open and letting them know about your reversion. May Allaah give you strength and courage-aameen

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.