/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iman extreme low.plz advise

ayan333
09-02-2008, 08:11 PM
:sl:

SubhanALLAh..i dnt no were to start

ill start off by Saying ALLAH (SWA) knows how devoted i am to being a good Muslim

ok...i was having a conversation with these two girls today about relgion..he first grl was christian but sh ehad alot of questions that hadnt been answered so we were talking,i tryed to explain how we believed in ALLAH (SWA) and so do the christians soemthing she didnt already know

then i asked the other girl what relgion she was and she said she didnt believe in GOD.Astagfurula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know i shouldve jus kept my mouth shut

then i said sarcasticly to her "o cool"...i no i no it was way out of line and i didnt mean it to come out like that but it did

i questioned her about her relgion by asking her who she believed created her and all mankind and it was made clear that i believed in ALLAH (SWA) but i felt guilty after so i asked couple of family memebers and friends if what i did was a major sin and they all said yes,atleast mojority of them

now my Iman is low..dropping as i type...and i dnt no wut to do!!!!

ive asked for forgiveness and thats all i can do right? is there anything else i can do

SubhanALLAH thats y its alwasy safer to keep ur mouth shut..from now on i wnt even socialize about anything but school work

i hate al this fitna every where,theres no wayto escape it,SubhanALLAH

all i want to do is cry!!!!!

how bad/major of a sin was what i did?

wut should i do?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
09-03-2008, 04:41 PM
some advise inshaAllaah

IbnAbdulHakim
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
it happens sis

emaan will fluctuate till the day we draw our last breath

we just gotta battle it out till we die

may Allaah make us die wiv kalimah on our breath Ameen

u kno wat u can do to make it up :p kinda like what umar radhiallahu anhu did (IF YOUR FEELING BRAVE),

afta umar radhiallahu anhu became muslim he went to EVERY GATHERING he faught islaam in and told em his muslim n islaam is haq etc, u can go upto that girl n go "God is sooooo evidently clear and islaam is the truth, it is NOT cool that u dont believe in God!!! ITS THE MOST ILLOGICAL THING EVER!!"

personally i find it fun to do stuff like that, u shud try it :ooh: !

'Abd al-Baari
09-03-2008, 04:47 PM

Remember that actions are based upon intentions, if your intention was not for it to come out like it did, then just make Duaa to Allaah for forgiveness, verily he is most forgiving.

Also it may be a good idea for you to talk to the girl, and try and give her some Da'awah, it may make you feel better too, Insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdu-l-Majeed
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
:wasalamex

Sister, as far as I have understood your problem isn't that your iman is low, your "problem" is that you feel bad because of what you've said. As I see you feel really sorry for what you said, and you didn't want anything bad, that's a good sign in sha Allah. Dead and negligent hearts wouldn't react at all.

Al-Zaara
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
afta umar radhiallahu anhu became muslim he went to EVERY GATHERING he faught islaam in and told em his muslim n islaam is haq etc, u can go upto that girl n go "God is sooooo evidently clear and islaam is the truth, it is NOT cool that u dont believe in God!!! ITS THE MOST ILLOGICAL THING EVER!!"

How can she preach about Haqq if she doesn't know it? I mean, educational wise, she isn't quallified and to start a debate like those you took up, Umar radiAlalhu anhu or any other great personality in early Islam, it can be very dangerous, not just for them, but for yourself aswell. Of course, a challenge can be good, but sometimes better leave things cool.

She can always say Islam is right and such, but there is really expertise needed to debate and argue well. I myself am quite careful what I say about Islam to non-Muslims especially, making sure the subject we're on about is in my comfort-zone and not something beyond it. Everytime I get very difficult questions, I tell them I am simply a random Muslimah, I have to ask experts about this and they are cool with that.

What you sister, can do is aplogize to the girl personally. Say you didn't want to hurt her beliefs and hope she can understand what you did wasn't intended to hurt her or ridicule her. Everyone for himself/herself, their religion to them, our religion to us. Before you start challenging the non-Muslims and their beliefs, make sure you are more or less very well versed and knowledgeable about your own, inshaAllah.

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu we berekathu and Ramazan mübarek to you!

Ansariyah
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
I didnt get it? "what u supposedly did wrong"?
I must be slow.

ayan333
09-03-2008, 08:42 PM
:wasalamex:wasalamex
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

How can she preach about Haqq if she doesn't know it? I mean, educational wise, she isn't quallified and to start a debate like those you took up, Umar radiAlalhu anhu or any other great personality in early Islam, it can be very dangerous, not just for them, but for yourself aswell. Of course, a challenge can be good, but sometimes better leave things cool.

She can always say Islam is right and such, but there is really expertise needed to debate and argue well. I myself am quite careful what I say about Islam to non-Muslims especially, making sure the subject we're on about is in my comfort-zone and not something beyond it. Everytime I get very difficult questions, I tell them I am simply a random Muslimah, I have to ask experts about this and they are cool with that.

What you sister, can do is aplogize to the girl personally. Say you didn't want to hurt her beliefs and hope she can understand what you did wasn't intended to hurt her or ridicule her. Everyone for himself/herself, their religion to them, our religion to us. Before you start challenging the non-Muslims and their beliefs, make sure you are more or less very well versed and knowledgeable about your own, inshaAllah.

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu we berekathu and Ramazan mübarek to you!

SubhanALLAH...wut should i apologize for?

u must of misunderstood what i ment...

i basically feel guilty (to the extreme that its started to take a toll on my Iman) because when this indivisual sadi she didnt believe in GOD i responded with out thinking and said "o cool"...in no way or form did i hurt her feelings.no damage was doen to her or her faith,but rather mine (Iman) was effected

the only reason i feel guilty is because i as a Muslim shouldve said something other then "o cool" although i ment it in a sarcastic way.Indeed,i shouldve said there is a GOD,and ALLAH (SWA) is my LORD,and Islam is Haq (truth),but i was stupid enough to say "o cool" and leave it at that

sop therefore im hurting not her..InshALLAH,tomorow i plan on letting her no how i feel about Reilgion.how i Believe (know although i wont say "I know") Islam is the Truth and there is no GOD but ALLAH (SWA)..i need to,i know InshALLAH itll make me feel much better,at the same time ill make sure i dnt hurt her,although i will make sure my point has come accross and my strong feelings have been expressed

dnt worry i wont hurt no ones feelings

ayan333
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I didnt get it? "what u supposedly did wrong"?
I must be slow.
:sl: sister

no ur not slow,i jus didnt express myself clearly

i basically was haing a conversation with these two girls,one being a christian n the other athiest..when she said she was athiest i responded without thinking and said "o cool"..andnow my Iman is low and i feel super guilty for not letting her no the truth.she asked me wut i believed in and i told her i defenitly believe in GOD,ALLAH (SWA)! i jus didnt express it that way

i sad "o cool" without thinking...as a Muslim i shouldve let her know the truth.i shouldve let her no that theres no GOD but ALLAH (SWA) and Islam is with out a doubt the Haq!!!! but my dumb self left it at "o cool",although i ment it in a sarcastic way

now i feel super bad,Alhamdulilah,Iman wise i feel a lil better..but yesterday was totaly different,it was very difficult

i hope i made it a little bit more clearer...i no it still doenst make alot of sence but i jus cant explain the way i feel with words

please make Du'a for me InshALLAH...

May ALLAH (SWA) strengthen our Imans,make us firm believers,and place us on teh firm path to Janatul-Fardows.Ameen Ya RABBI

ayan333
09-03-2008, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
it happens sis

emaan will fluctuate till the day we draw our last breath

we just gotta battle it out till we die

may Allaah make us die wiv kalimah on our breath Ameen

u kno wat u can do to make it up :p kinda like what umar radhiallahu anhu did (IF YOUR FEELING BRAVE),

JazakALLAH khair

i no it would make me feel alot better but i dnt want to risk saying something out of content,i feel very strong and passionate about Islam,although my Iman isnt at its best right now

May ALLAH (SWA) give us all the strenth to successed in in this beyond beautiful faith.Ameen Ya RABBI

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Remember that actions are based upon intentions, if your intention was not for it to come out like it did, then just make Duaa to Allaah for forgiveness, verily he is most forgiving.

Also it may be a good idea for you to talk to the girl, and try and give her some Da'awah, it may make you feel better too, Insha'Allah.

yes,ive kept repeating that to myself,but yet i feel that that doesnt justify my actions.yes i didnt intend for my respond to come out the way it did,but i still feel as if i cross the line

InshALLAH ill try to talk to her and let her no the Truth,and how i feel InshALLAH

plz have me in ur Du'a InshALLAH

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed

Sister, as far as I have understood your problem isn't that your iman is low, your "problem" is that you feel bad because of what you've said. As I see you feel really sorry for what you said, and you didn't want anything bad, that's a good sign in sha Allah. Dead and negligent hearts wouldn't react at all.

JazakALLAH Khair

i dont think theres anything that coulld be said to me at this point to make me feel better

May ALLAH (SWA) strengthen all our Iman,Ameen Ya RAABI

YusufNoor
09-04-2008, 03:08 AM

someone posted a link a while back from Zakir Naik. he LIKED talking to athiests, they have the 1st third of the Shahada down, There is no god...[but Allah and Muhammad in his Messenger]!

at least they are not "Christian by association" and you don't have to explain all of the trinity nonsense! what's "cool" is that they are thinking on their own [unless they joined an atheist club!]

do a search it's about a 5 minute clip, may allah make it easy on you!

Eric H
09-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ayan333;

Strangely enough under the circumstances, you might have done the right thing.

Had you talked about Allah, and the Christian girl talked about Jesus, and the atheist talked about no God, it would end up in a circular argument with nobody listening.

When things go wrong, you must continue to trust in Allah, there will be opportunities in the future.

My thoughts are that scriptures are more about us trying to change our self, rather than us trying to change others. Faith is a struggle always one day at a time, knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand.

In the spirit of praying for a greater faith and trust in God,

Eric

coddles76
09-04-2008, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

SubhanALLAh..i dnt no were to start

ill start off by Saying ALLAH (SWA) knows how devoted i am to being a good Muslim

ok...i was having a conversation with these two girls today about relgion..he first grl was christian but sh ehad alot of questions that hadnt been answered so we were talking,i tryed to explain how we believed in ALLAH (SWA) and so do the christians soemthing she didnt already know

then i asked the other girl what relgion she was and she said she didnt believe in GOD.Astagfurula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know i shouldve jus kept my mouth shut

then i said sarcasticly to her "o cool"...i no i no it was way out of line and i didnt mean it to come out like that but it did

i questioned her about her relgion by asking her who she believed created her and all mankind and it was made clear that i believed in ALLAH (SWA) but i felt guilty after so i asked couple of family memebers and friends if what i did was a major sin and they all said yes,atleast mojority of them

now my Iman is low..dropping as i type...and i dnt no wut to do!!!!

ive asked for forgiveness and thats all i can do right? is there anything else i can do

SubhanALLAH thats y its alwasy safer to keep ur mouth shut..from now on i wnt even socialize about anything but school work

i hate al this fitna every where,theres no wayto escape it,SubhanALLAH

all i want to do is cry!!!!!

how bad/major of a sin was what i did?

wut should i do?

Asalam Alykum Ayan,

I always like to turn to Allah SWT for an answer so I have searched for you and this is what I have found.....

Allah SWT says:-

And there is no sin on you if you make a mistake therein, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allah is Ever Oft*Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Ahzab 33:5)

I hope this helps.

Salam

Ansariyah
09-04-2008, 01:07 PM
:sl: sister

no ur not slow,i jus didnt express myself clearly

i basically was haing a conversation with these two girls,one being a christian n the other athiest..when she said she was athiest i responded without thinking and said "o cool"..andnow my Iman is low and i feel super guilty for not letting her no the truth.she asked me wut i believed in and i told her i defenitly believe in GOD,ALLAH (SWA)! i jus didnt express it that way

i sad "o cool" without thinking...as a Muslim i shouldve let her know the truth.i shouldve let her no that theres no GOD but ALLAH (SWA) and Islam is with out a doubt the Haq!!!! but my dumb self left it at "o cool",although i ment it in a sarcastic way

now i feel super bad,Alhamdulilah,Iman wise i feel a lil better..but yesterday was totaly different,it was very difficult

i hope i made it a little bit more clearer...i no it still doenst make alot of sence but i jus cant explain the way i feel with words

please make Du'a for me InshALLAH...

May ALLAH (SWA) strengthen our Imans,make us firm believers,and place us on teh firm path to Janatul-Fardows.Ameen Ya RABBI

Dear sis :sl:

I honestly still don't see what u did wrong. You were just respecting ur differences. You shouldnt be so hard on urself. Everytime someone tells us that they're either atheist/jews/xtians doesn't mean that we should attack them with Islam. Maybe inshaAllah u'll be given another opportunity when u can tell them wat you believe in etc. Take it easy.

It's actually better to be nice to people and show them that u respect them as human beings and develop like a friendship and understanding between each other. Then after that, you can discuss with them about the deen etc and see what they think? That way most likely they will come to u first.

Our Manners are the most important. And what u said, shows that u have good manners. Rasululah (saw) was loved for his manners and character. You didnt have a bad intention n thas all that matters.

Dont Apologize.

Al-Zaara
09-04-2008, 06:55 PM
u must of misunderstood what i ment...
Yeah, sorry about that. I totally misunderstood you.

The best advice in my opinion is from the poster above me, Yanoorah. That's very similiar to how I think.

InshALLAH,tomorow i plan on letting her no how i feel about Reilgion.how i Believe (know although i wont say "I know") Islam is the Truth and there is no GOD but ALLAH (SWA)..i need to,i know InshALLAH itll make me feel much better,at the same time ill make sure i dnt hurt her,although i will make sure my point has come accross and my strong feelings have been expressed
In my honest opinion, you shouldn't do it because it makes YOU feel good. If you preach about Islam, it should first and foremost be to help someone get guided and not to make yourself feel good about it. And I think this is best done when you know that person well.

Hope things turn out good, Selam aleykum.

ayan333
09-04-2008, 08:06 PM

SubhanALLAH

JazakALLAH Khair for all the advice brothers and sister.May ALLAh (SWA) reward you all.Ameen

I ended up not even going up to her and saying anything...ALLAH (SWA) will take care of everything

JazakALLAH Khair again

everything is khair Alhamdulilha

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.