/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In Ramadan - Qiyaam Al Layl - The Reward!!

------
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
:salamext:

It was narrated that ‘Amr ibn Murrah al-Juhani said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) from Qadaa’ah and said to him: “O Messenger of Allaah, what do you think if I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that you are His Messenger, and I pray the five daily prayers, and fast the month (of Ramadaan), and pray qiyaam in Ramadaan, and pay zakaah?” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies doing that will be one of the siddeeqs and martyrs.”

Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Khuzaymah, 2212.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al-Tirmidhi (1984) narrated that ‘Ali said:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “In Paradise there are apartments the outside of which can be seen from the inside and the inside of which can be seen from the outside.” A Bedouin stood up and said: “Who are they for, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said: “They are for those who speak good words, feed others, fast regularly and pray to Allaah at night when people are sleeping.”

Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source

SubhaanAllaah! Can we not forsake our beds and sleep, for a couple of hours, to get a place in Jannah?! InshaaAllaah make the intention brothers and sisters, that for the rest of Ramandan, we will pray Qiyaam Al Layl!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
inshallah sis

jazakiallah khayr for sharing
:)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
jizakAllaah khair

Re.TiReD
09-03-2008, 04:41 PM
AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah!

JazakAllah khayr sis, masha'Allah!

*upon request*

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
`Yousef
09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
AsalamAlakum

Can I ask what is Qiyaam Al Layl? Is it that 11 Ra'kaa after Isha? I'm not exactly new to islam, but I am 14 and live in the U.K., but Allhumdullah after the trip to Egypt this year I'm set on the right track of seeking for knowledge :).

Ramadan Kareem brothers and sisters!

transition?
09-05-2008, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by `Yousef
AsalamAlakum

Can I ask what is Qiyaam Al Layl? Is it that 11 Ra'kaa after Isha? I'm not exactly new to islam, but I am 14 and live in the U.K., but Allhumdullah after the trip to Egypt this year I'm set on the right track of seeking for knowledge :).

Ramadan Kareem brothers and sisters!
:sl:

What is Qiyaam al-Layl?

Qiyaam' means 'standing' and 'Qiyaam al-Layl' means 'standing in night.' In the Islamic terminology, both terms refer to, 'the voluntary night prayer, whose time extends from after Isha prayer until dawn.' Other common names for Qiyaam al-Layl are, Salaat ul-Layl (the night prayer), Tahajjud (from hajada meaning remained awake at night), Witr (odd-numbered this term is also used to refer to the last one or three Raka'ah of Qiyaam) and Taraweeh (resting).

A widespread misconception is that Tahajjud is a different night prayer than Qiyaam or Taraweeh. It is important to clarify this misunderstanding and to make clear that there is only one nafl night prayer known by different names. Even though the term Taraweeh is more commonly used to describe the night prayer in Ramadan, it is not different from Tahajjud. Thus, the practice of praying Taraweeh in the earlier part of the night and Tahajjud in the later part should be stopped.

Reposted from another thread, post #2:
http://www.islamicboard.com/501643-post2.html
To learn more you should visit this thread, all together. :thumbs_up

------
09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
:salamext:

A widespread misconception is that Tahajjud is a different night prayer than Qiyaam or Taraweeh. It is important to clarify this misunderstanding and to make clear that there is only one nafl night prayer known by different names. Even though the term Taraweeh is more commonly used to describe the night prayer in Ramadan, it is not different from Tahajjud. Thus, the practice of praying Taraweeh in the earlier part of the night and Tahajjud in the later part should be stopped.
No offence, but I don't believe this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.