/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What did I do today....

Re.TiReD
09-03-2008, 10:36 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Please make your posts anonymous so as to prevent bragging...

So yeah....What did you do today? What did you do to please Allah (swt), what did you do to make this Ramadaan outstanding and better than the one before it?

How did you feed your heart and soul? What with....? Did you pray Qiyaam? Maybe you learnt a new du'aa, a hadeeth, a verse of the Qur'aan?

Actually hold up...do you have ANY goals at all this Ramadaan? Think about it....30 days...how are we going to make the most of them?

I'd like everybody to post anonymously insha'Allah, tell us what you did today, what goals you achieved, what you did to get closer to Allah (swt)...do you need any help? Is there anything lacking... maybe we can advise you?

Post away Insha'Allah and lets make this Ramadaan fruitful!

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Reminds me of this nasheed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRLDqkbU0qw

WassalamuAlaykum

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
:sl:

I prayer tarawaeeh at a mosque for the first time ever! It was great, so different to praying taraweeh by my self at home!

I also read the whole of surat Yusuf alhamdulilah.

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 12:42 PM
- I have prayed taraweeh at home by myself every night since the beginning of Ramadhan alhamdulillah (I have kids so I cannot go to the masjid)

- I have prayed salatul duha nearly every day so far

- I memorized 3 surahs from juza 'amma since the beginning of Ramadhan

- I have prayed qiyaam al-layl twice

goals:
- spend more time reading qur'an then in the kitchen!
- read a juz a day (my arabic is very poor and it will take me hours and hours to read a juz but inshaAllah i can do it)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 01:17 PM
:salaam:
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
AssalamuAlaykum

Please make your posts anonymous so as to prevent bragging...
ok i will

So yeah....What did you do today? What did you do to please Allah (swt), what did you do to make this Ramadaan outstanding and better than the one before it?
im not trying as hard as i should but i am going to try and read the quran with my sisters really i am worse this ramadan than i normally am

How did you feed your heart and soul? What with....? Did you pray Qiyaam? Maybe you learnt a new du'aa, a hadeeth, a verse of the Qur'aan?
i done alot of istighfar but maybe not enough and i am not doing it properly like with tears in my eye

Actually hold up...do you have ANY goals at all this Ramadaan? Think about it....30 days...how are we going to make the most of them?
i have to many goals i hope to meet all of them this year because i always set goals and never do i keep them at all

I'd like everybody to post anonymously insha'Allah, tell us what you did today, what goals you achieved, what you did to get closer to Allah (swt)...do you need any help? Is there anything lacking... maybe we can advise you?
please can you give me some duas i can say to ask allah for my forgivness because my iman is very low and if i die in this state surely i wont be going to a very good place so please advice me on what i should do to aviod this because i am always thinking what i should do to avoid that

Post away Insha'Allah and lets make this Ramadaan fruitful!

WassalamuAlaykum
salamu alaikum

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
hmm....

adhkaar

nawwafil

all fard + sunnat

increased ilm alhamdulillaah

excersised sabr in a few situations

watched my akhlaaq

days not over just yet tho

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
can you tell me please what is this adhkar and akhlaq hope you dont mind it is off topic

IbnAbdulHakim
09-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Adhkaar - plural of dhikr, remembrance of Allaah (chanting praises etc)
Akhlaaq - manners and good character

anon forgot to mention it

Re.TiReD
09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Those replies just made me grin for some reason, Masha'Allah fishlings, may Allah (swt) keep you steadfast....

Erm one anon requested Du'aas...*pulls out fone* these are all I have at the mo:

Rabbanaa aamannaa faghfirlanaa warhamnaa wa anta khayrurRahimeen - Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us and have mercy on us, for you are the best of all Who show mercy.

Allahummagh-firlee war hamnee wah-dinee wa 3aafinee war-zuqnee - Oh Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.

Rabbanaa innanaa aamannaa faghfirlanaa dhunubanaa waqina adhaabannaar - Our Lord! We have indeed believed, forgive us, then our sins and save us from the agony of the fire.

Sorry my transliteration is lame :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 09:30 PM

i'v been working since this morning with school stuff but i'v got alist of things i wana do today inshallah :statisfie

Re.TiReD
09-04-2008, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

i'v been working since this morning with school stuff but i'v got alist of things i wana do today inshallah :statisfie
Wa'alaykum salam

May Allah (swt) give you the Tawfeeq to do them. Ameen!

WassalamuAlaykum

AnonymousPoster
09-05-2008, 10:16 PM
....What did you do today? What did you do to please Allah (swt), what did you do to make this Ramadaan outstanding and better than the one before it?
I managed to pray Salaah with much more concentration than usual alhamdulillaah. I recited extra portions of the Qur'aan and also Surah Kahf, which I sometimes forget when it isnt ramadhan.

I need to stop myself getting distracting by worldly stuff but I.A getting there, prayed Qiyaam several times and hope to continue I.A.

AnonymousPoster
09-05-2008, 10:30 PM

I couldn't start fasting until today for obvious reasons, but today, I woke up for Fajr/Suhur, actually woke up for Fajr, which I haven't done in weeks or months, at least not all by myself. and I prayed. :thumbs_up I came home and prayed Zuhr, and then prayed Asr. and I haven't even broke my fast out of temptation. I don't think I've ever sincerely fasted. In an hour, I will breaking my very first fast. Every year every week and almost every other day, I told myself I would become a good Muslim. Today, it's been so peaceful in my soul. I almost forgot all those I made du'a and cried and all those days filled with grief. But here I am, today, taking another step on InshaAllah the righteous path.

May Allah (swt) Guide us on the Righteous Path.

ayan333
09-05-2008, 10:33 PM

I couldn't start fasting until today for obvious reasons, but today, I woke up for Fajr/Suhur, actually woke up for Fajr, which I haven't done in weeks or months, at least not all by myself. and I prayed. :thumbs_up I came home and prayed Zuhr, and then prayed Asr. and I haven't even broke my fast out of temptation. I don't think I've ever sincerely fasted. In an hour, I will breaking my very first fast. Every year every week and almost every other day, I told myself I would become a good Muslim. Today, it's been so peaceful in my soul. I almost forgot all those I made du'a and cried and all those days filled with grief. But here I am, today, taking another step on InshaAllah the righteous path.

MashALLAH...thats great

it feels great..doesnt it?

AnonymousPoster
09-06-2008, 12:32 AM
I've just set two goals for myself. I'm a hafiz who's forgetting my Quran. Inshallah this Ramadaan I will re-memorize the Quran and recite it in taraweeh at night.

Oh, and I will make Sahree breakfast every morning so that my mother doesn't have to wake up early and do it.

So far I've done 9 juzz of Quran and all sahrees. May Allah give me tawfeeq for the rest.

AnonymousPoster
09-06-2008, 06:46 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Those replies just made me grin for some reason, Masha'Allah fishlings, may Allah (swt) keep you steadfast....

Erm one anon requested Du'aas...*pulls out fone* these are all I have at the mo:

Rabbanaa aamannaa faghfirlanaa warhamnaa wa anta khayrurRahimeen - Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us and have mercy on us, for you are the best of all Who show mercy.

Allahummagh-firlee war hamnee wah-dinee wa 3aafinee war-zuqnee - Oh Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.

Rabbanaa innanaa aamannaa faghfirlanaa dhunubanaa waqina adhaabannaar - Our Lord! We have indeed believed, forgive us, then our sins and save us from the agony of the fire.

Sorry my transliteration is lame :-[

WassalamuAlaykum
jazakallah khayr you have already provided them for me before i wanted new ones, thx sis:bump:

AnonymousPoster
09-06-2008, 07:28 AM
my days not over, but read some quran...:statisfie alhamduliah....ermm, i really aim to do more as ive been abusing my free time over the past couple of days:enough!:

AnonymousPoster
09-06-2008, 11:13 AM
assalamu Alaikum

i prayed taraweeh and prayed qiyam al-lail, alhamdulillah. also am memorising surah from quran, nearly done. may allah guide us all ameen

Re.TiReD
09-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Wa'alaykum salam warahmatullah!

Masha'Allah its posts like these that make threads like these worthwhile! May Allah (swt) keep you steadfast bro/sis...ameen!

WassalamuAlaykum

jazakallah khayr you have already provided them for me before i wanted new ones, thx sis:bump:
I did? Do I know you? ^o) I'm assuming I texted them to you since these were in my fone only...Hmm...Khayr insha'Allah if you let me know I'll send you more :)

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
09-06-2008, 09:55 PM
:salamext:

Hmm... Ok....

So what was the wisdom and thinking behind this thread? Was it so that you could show off? So that you could make others feel bad at how little they had done? So that you could boost your ego? SubhanAllah....NO!

We all know that Allah is watching....Angels are noting down every word we say, but have you ever wondered ...'what would it be like to evaluate myself?'

How would it be to assess myself...Just for one month? Will I like what I see....or will I need to make major improvements?

Sometimes it helps to write down our plans for the day, and then at night....wonder - Did I use this day as best I could? Did I complete any of my tasks? If I was to die tonight, would I die a Jannati?

Oh Muslims! Evaluate yourselves before you are evaluated, and prepare yourself for the biggest exposition....The Day of Judgment...May Allah grant us all ease on that day and may we be of the people who are blessed enough to drink from the pond of Kawthar...Ameen!

WassalamuAlaykum

------
09-07-2008, 11:42 AM

^ Deep stuff yo. Ameen.

F0z14
09-07-2008, 11:47 AM
serene could u come online please?

Re.TiReD
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

^ Deep stuff yo. Ameen.
:wasalamex

JazakAllahu khayran sis.

I have the next stage I wanna type up....Just after several more replies insha'Allah :)

WassalamuAlaykum

FatimaAsSideqah
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM

Hmm... Ok....

So what was the wisdom and thinking behind this thread? Was it so that you could show off? So that you could make others feel bad at how little they had done? So that you could boost your ego? SubhanAllah....NO!

We all know that Allah is watching....Angels are noting down every word we say, but have you ever wondered ...'what would it be like to evaluate myself?'

How would it be to assess myself...Just for one month? Will I like what I see....or will I need to make major improvements?

Sometimes it helps to write down our plans for the day, and then at night....wonder - Did I use this day as best I could? Did I complete any of my tasks? If I was to die tonight, would I die a Jannati?

Oh Muslims! Evaluate yourselves before you are evaluated, and prepare yourself for the biggest exposition....The Day of Judgment...May Allah grant us all ease on that day and may we be of the people who are blessed enough to drink from the pond of Kawthar...Ameen!

WassalamuAlaykum
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

:ooh: give you some of reps for that!! May Allah Taala rewards on you.

Jazaak'Allah Khair, my dear sister.

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM

Ookay...so we've thought about helping ourselves, about feeding our own hearts with the Dhikr of Allah...BUT... what have you done to help somebody else's heart? What have you done to benefit another in this blessed month of Ramadaan?

Did you teach an Aayah, a Du'aa? Did you give your time to somebody who needed it...Or hold-up...maybe you just took a little of the Ramadaan stress off of Mum or Dad and gave them time to refresh themselves with the Remembrance of Allah. SubhanAllah

Did you encourage somebody to do a good deed? To pray Taraweeh? Or maybeee you stopped somebody from doing haram or stopping a bad habit?

'Whomsoever guides towards a goodness, will get virtues equal to the one who performs that goodness.' [Muslim]

May Allah (swt) help us make this Ramadaan a blessed and fruitful one. Ameen!

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
edit.....:-[

AnonymousPoster
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
am nearly done with my surah alhamdulillah!! only 10 verses left :exhausted :thumbs_up

AnonymousPoster
09-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I been teaching my sis a Du'aa a day...sharing it with her actually. I write it out on her whiteboard in her room each day. Today is day 9 :-[

IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
^ why not write it out in arabic too for her ? :)

AnonymousPoster
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ why not write it out in arabic too for her ? :)
Because my english is more legible than my arabic.

Re.TiReD
09-11-2008, 09:30 PM

Sorry for the delay sis :)

"Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire" (2:201)

"Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance and make our foothold sure and give us help against those who reject faith." (2:250)

"Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear, grant us forgiveness and have mercy on us. You are our Protector. Help us against those who deny the truth." (2:286)

"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your grace. Verily You are the Giver of bounties without measure." (3:8)

"Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and the lack of moderation in our doings, and make firm our steps and succour us against those who deny the truth." (3:147)

"Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous." (3:193)

"Our Lord! We have sinned against ourselves, and unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost!" (7:23)

"Our Lord! Place us not among the people who have been guilty of evildoing." (7:47)

"Our Lord! Lay open the truth between us and our people, for You are the best of all to lay open the truth." (7:89)

"Our Lord! In You we have placed our trust, and to You do we turn in repentance, for unto You is the end of all journeys." (60:4)

:wasalamex

AnonymousPoster
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Fasting 2mrw inshallah feels gud :)

AnonymousPoster
09-14-2008, 06:58 AM
done some huffath, alhamdulillah :)

Re.TiReD
09-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Masha'Allah :) ^^

The second '3ashara is underway already :ooh: SubhanAllah

Re.TiReD
09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
And now the 3rd....SubhanAllah...what have YOU done? :ooh:

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Alhumdulilah this day or lets said this Ramadan I am almost finishing revision of the juzzes that I memrized in the mast months.
I feel so satisfied about that...its really an amazing feeling to something pleasing allah
I feel that this Ramadan is sooo blessing to me, and that I am closer to allah al humdulilah

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Today God really spoke to me about my conduct with regards to other people. I feel broken and humbled ... which is a good way to start moving on in my faith and following God's guidance!

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Today, my family and I went to Al Haram to distribute water to the pilgrims for iftar! It was such an amazing experience. The first woman who got the sealed cup of water held it up and shouted in Arabic, something which i understood to be: "Water! Our Lord has sent us water!".

Masha Allah, Alhamdulillah! I wants to do it again and again!

Ya Allah, you know who I am, please give me and my family the opportunity to this again and again!

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 12:12 PM
^^ subhanAllah, heartwarming! Aww thats cute :statisfie

Ameen at ur du'aa!

AnonymousPoster
09-27-2008, 02:36 PM

yesterday: read surah kahf, read about 20 nawafil, and read more quran, did lots of dhikr, tried to stay awake but ended up going sleep in the last half hour of the night, but alhamdulillah never the less!!

Re.TiReD
09-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Masha'Allah! :D ^^

Re.TiReD
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
:bump:

Ramadaan is nearly over, Last Taraweeh for some...

What have you managed to achieve this Ramadaan?

ayan333
09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Today, my family and I went to Al Haram to distribute water to the pilgrims for iftar! It was such an amazing experience. The first woman who got the sealed cup of water held it up and shouted in Arabic, something which i understood to be: "Water! Our Lord has sent us water!".

Masha Allah, Alhamdulillah! I wants to do it again and again!

Ya Allah, you know who I am, please give me and my family the opportunity to this again and again!

MashALLAH

wut an amazing experiece..your one lucky person..

May ALLAH (SWA) Reward you and accept and answer all our Dua's.Ameen

AnonymousPoster
09-29-2008, 10:38 AM

read 14 nawafil, some quran, and managed to stay awake until 2.30ish in the morning alhamdulillah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.