/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hijab

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
:sl:

okay this is a really stupid question but i wanted to know does an ugly faced woman need to wear hijab. It's usually worn to cover a womens beauty, which an ugly girl doesn't have and men won't be tempted to rape or do zina with her.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Bump

Na7lah
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
i don't like paraphrasing a hadeeth but there is one that states, Allah created beuty, then He gave half of it to prophet Yusuf and distributed the other half to the rest of the people,

so everyone's got some beuty right? "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" what u consider ugly, someone else might think its really nice

Hijab is a fard, she still has to wear it

Wallahu A3lam

ayan333
09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
i don't like paraphrasing a hadeeth but there is one that states, Allah created beuty, then He gave half of it to prophet Yusuf and distributed the other half to the rest of the people,

so everyone's got some beuty right? "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" what u consider ugly, someone else might think its really nice

Wallahu A3lam

SubhanALLAH...really..see i learn something new everyday on LI

i always new that Prophet Yusuf (a.s) was the most handsome but i didnt no all this.

JazakALLAH Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
09-06-2008, 11:15 AM
:salamext:

Lol...hijaab is fardh whether ur beautiful or not :-\

AnonymousPoster
09-06-2008, 11:22 AM
That's a ridicilous thought and I wish you grew up and wouldn't think like that anymore. "Ugly" girls have gotten raped too. Now I don't know what you consider beautiful or tempting in a woman, but there is always gonna be someone who sees it. And raping has often no real reason of being pretty or not, those who rape are sick in their minds and don't except them to think clearly.

And point is, you wear hijab for the first and foremost reason, to please Allah by obeying His command of being modest. The rest of the reasons are all at second hand.

Ansariyah
09-06-2008, 11:33 AM
First of all, The Hijab is part of Worship so if the "ugly girls" as u put it don't wear it they're missing out on alot of ajr. toot.

Secondly, I thought the rape thing u mentioned was pretty ignorant on ur part. Cause there are men who have even raped babies. They're not always after beauty. There's more to it.

Malaikah
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM

There is no such thing as an ugly person! Everyone is beautiful in their own, maybe not to me or to you, but to someone out there!

Also, rape isn't necessarily about beauty. It can be about control/violence/anger and other things.

Cabdullahi
09-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Sister first of all you are not ugly you are beautiful,beautiful enough to come here ,ask questions and increase you're knowledge of islam

,the salah was prescribed to us to make us humble and not to be boastful but i am humble and i dont have pride that doesnt mean i dont have to pray

Hijaab is fardh,salah is fardh allah commanded us to do them and we shall do them with no fail

*KB*
09-06-2008, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

okay this is a really stupid question but i wanted to know does an ugly faced woman need to wear hijab. It's usually worn to cover a womens beauty, which an ugly girl doesn't have and men won't be tempted to rape or do zina with her.

Assalamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh

OK, weird question.

Who you see as 'ugly' is of no real importance to anyone really because it is your opinion.

I am not trying to offend you but trying to say: who you may think to be ugly someone else might see as beautiful. We all have our opinions and all think this and that but, in Allah's eyes we are all equal and Allah has made every single human being with beauty.

Remeber, what you see on the outside may not be what is in the inside i.e. a good looking person may not be the best person inside in fact they could be the worst.

Wearing a hijab is to please Allah by obeying His command and being modest and 'ugly' people can please Allah and be modest. (Plus wouldn't an 'ugly' person want to cover up?)

Think before you speak, or in this case post.

Assalamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh
*KB*
:coolious:

(This thread is quite funny because we were doing a topic like this in R.E yesterday lol Guess i learned a little :))

Güven
09-06-2008, 01:33 PM

I heard That Too But I also Heard That Prophet MuhaMmed (sallalahu Aleyhi Wa Sallam ) Was More Beautiful Than Yusuf (aleyhi Sallam) :)

but Ontopic , They Dont only Rape Beautiful Girls , They Rape Everythin they Can (even Animals :X), Im srry I couldt Say In A better Way but Its Not about The Beauty they are After.
and You have to Realise That Beauty Is Not only In the Outside But also Inside And Thats Where The True Beauty is , the inside:)

chacha_jalebi
09-06-2008, 03:20 PM
sister ask your mother/father about your looks then you will see the truth! and everyone has their own choices, if your married im sure your husband thinks your some angel on earth, and if your not, then your husband will think that, or there will be serious consequences involvin your husband bein in out of hospital :D lol naa

but firstly never call yourself or anyone ugly, and never think you are, because no one is ugly, everyone has their own choices and there are always people who think some people are bootfull and some who think they aint, so your not ugly okie dokies :D

and yes women should cover up, but not because they of their looks, if people cover up because they think they are good lookin, thats jus arrogant:D women should cover up because Allah (Swt) said to them to do it! its got nothin to do with looks

jannat
09-06-2008, 08:24 PM

hope ur well, sis hijab is fard, its there to protect you, and and give modesty.
Like everyone has said, beauty is on the inside, and yes it does belong to the beholder.
i know the whole image and beauty gets to us when we where hijab, it gets me, May Allah SWT gives strength to wear it. Noones ugly, it runs throught alot of sisters minds when they wear hijab.

unfortunately idiotic men, well animals do some outrageous and disgusting things to women regardless of how they look, honestly these men deserve ..lets not go there, Allah hu alim,

Didnt know Yusuf AS had half the beauty, wow, Yes muhammad SAW was handsome too, in a beard mashallah, cant imagine how beautiful these prophets are, but someone i know mashallah seen a dream of the prophet SAW and said he was hansome.:D

Intisar
09-06-2008, 08:46 PM
:w: The hijaab is an obligatory act of worship for every believing woman, it wasn't ordained for only ''beautiful women'' in order to hide their beauty. The primary reason as to why believing women wear the hijaab, is because Allaah Ta'ala legislated it in the Quran, not according to beauty. :rollseyes

Besides, every woman has body parts that make her a woman, we are ordered to hide those parts as well. It doesn't take a beautiful woman to have those things, subhanAllaah.

And rapists don't select women based on their beauty, most, if not all, rapists have a mental disease. They rape women because they are very violent and angry people, as someone already said.

Mikayeel
09-06-2008, 10:44 PM

Wallahu A3lam
mashAllah nice answer :)

Sister a hijab is also so muslim women can recognize each other :)

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies (when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested" (Quran 33:59).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.