/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems regarding co education

usman2468
09-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I know co education is prohibited in Islam regardless of all the excuses people give that you have to work with women in your practical life and blah...blah...blah. But now I am faced with a problem.

I recently completed my O levels in an all boys school. Since there is no good school or private institute (in Pakistan) offering A levels separately for boys and girls I had to sign up at a school offering co education. I decided to try and keep distance from girls as I have always had, but now I don't know what to do.

We have to work in groups for presentations and projects, conduct discussions, etc. I don't know how to continue studying while keeping myself within the laws of Islam.

Please let me know of solutions to this problem.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
:sl:

thread approved :)

:w:

Eeman
09-09-2008, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by usman2468
I know co education is prohibited in Islam regardless of all the excuses people give that you have to work with women in your practical life and blah...blah...blah. But now I am faced with a problem.

I recently completed my O levels in an all boys school. Since there is no good school or private institute (in Pakistan) offering A levels separately for boys and girls I had to sign up at a school offering co education. I decided to try and keep distance from girls as I have always had, but now I don't know what to do.

We have to work in groups for presentations and projects, conduct discussions, etc. I don't know how to continue studying while keeping myself within the laws of Islam.

bro please bare in mind that intention is also a very important thing... islam does not suggest the segregation of the sexes...

i do not see anything wrong with you going to uni where it is mixed... the job is all upon you this is where you will earn more rewards for lowering your gaze and obeying Allah swt... i'm sorry but men and women were both created by Allah swt from the beginning so if that is your issue then you could go even further and say that you cant go out or on public transport cos there are women in them too.:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:

just be more concerned with your niyah and lowr your gaze... simple:)

coddles76
09-09-2008, 02:17 AM
I agree with Eeman.
Your intentions is what matters here. Try to be more self controlling and continue to be a strong soldier in your fight against your Nufs and the cursed Shaytaan. The more you succeed in that fight and please Allah SWT the more reward you will gain. You can still interact with the Sexes and achieve your self control.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
09-09-2008, 02:39 AM

Bro if you have no other option then inshallah stick to Islam and use it as a shield against the shaytan and his whispering.

being in mixed school - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/70223

Lowering the gaze.

usman2468
09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone for suggestions. Have anyone got any tips to save oneself from keeping a clear Niyah. Lowing one's gaze is not possible cuz you have to work with everyone at school.

Eeman
09-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks everyone for suggestions. Have anyone got any tips to save oneself from keeping a clear Niyah. Lowing one's gaze is not possible cuz you have to work with everyone at school.
bro lol! ok idunno how to put this but i think your just misinterpreting the whole thing...
lowering of the gaze is when you see the opposite sex that appeals to you hence you lower your gaze cos that intention is not clean and the shaytaan could strike a chord and use that against you to lure you to other things...

now i am sure that you do not have that problem with EVERY member of the opposite gender do you??? Well i pray that you dont.

ok let me give you an example... its like im in class and my class consists of 20 people 9 are female and 11 are male... so say out of the 11 male there is this one good looking guy who i think "oh he is good looking" which leaves the other 10 males which i think noting of... so when it comes down to working with my classmates and the groupd have to be mixed i'll go out of my way to be in a group that the "good looking" guy is NOT in and with the rest of the guys i can talk about work, share notes help each other with CW and what not cos my intentions are clean... but when it comes to the "good looking" guy i'll just avoid him and whenever he is near then LOWER MY GAZE!

ok i dunno if that was a good scenario but do you get what im trying to get at?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.