/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gee, i've been gone a while!

Thanaa
09-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I just thought I'd drop by to say Assalamu Aleikum, and to show you some pics of the jewellery I've been doing. Well, one pic to be exact...:D

A textured and engraved Art Clay pendant after Polishing. You have to love metal clays. I used Art Clay, which is just a particular brand. Invented originally, by Mitsubishi in the 90's, PMC/Art Clay/ Metal clay is an interesting and incredibly useful material. It can be sculpted, moulded, or used in paste form. It consists of silver, or gold particles suspended in an organic binder, which burns away when heated leaving 97-99.9% of fine silver behind. Pretty cool. I may oxidise this piece, as the spirals aren't as clear as I'd like, but then again, I might not.
The pics a little big...the pendant itself is about 1½" by 1"! :rollseyes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Wa'alaykum salam sis

Ramadaan Mubarak! You're very talented masha'Allah :)

WassalamuAlaykum

Thanaa
09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Aw, thankyou! that was my first attempt with metal clay; I usually make jewellery from wire (sounds rubbish, buts its not really)... but I've been desperate to try it for ages! :)

They're a bit bit again, but i can't seem to shrink them.

Re.TiReD
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
lol masha'Allah! that looks like summin I would wear :-[

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Thanaa
09-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Lol! :D I have better examples, but I've got no photos of them.
It's a good hobby!

Re.TiReD
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
Lol! :D I have better examples, but I've got no photos of them.
It's a good hobby!
I mean the 1st one btw, lol.

Insha'Allah post more when you get the chance :)

Thanaa
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I will! :D

Na7lah
09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
welcome back sis i missed ya :)

Danah
09-07-2008, 07:03 PM
welcome back sis and Ramadan Kareem
masha allah you got a real talent
I think that those who used to use *rubbish* or the unused materials are really genius because you are thinking differently than anyone else. all the great ideas are coming out to your mind when you look at your box to see what you can do with your extra materials....its really a cool thing
good for you sis, keep up the good work

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!