/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rule re: touching an english biography of Muhammed(saw) w/o wudhu

Bluechip
09-08-2008, 07:01 AM
:sl: everyone,
basically as the thread title asks, does one need wudhu to read it? It's in english with verses of the qur'an dispersed throughout along with Prophets' names (may Allah bless them) and other notable people, such as wives (may Allah be pleased with them). Also i tend to read it in bed with the book lying on the bed which is on the same level as my feet - it's just that this is the only way i can read a book, otherwise i dont read :rollseyes (exception being the quran ofc).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manaal
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
The answer is simply a no, you do not need ablution to read such a book.

FatimaAsSideqah
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

^ agreed.

Only do it if you going to recite and read the Holy Quran book and prayers and it is must to have Wudhu before that.

“Do not touch the Qur’an unless you are in a state of purity.” [Related by Imam Malik in his Muwatta, and deemed sound by early and late hadith authorities, such as Imam Nawawi in his Majmu`]

Allah Taala says:
"None touches it except those who are pure." (Al-Waqi`ah: 79)

Bluechip
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
thanks to both replies!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
manaal
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
To clarify further, you can recite without Wudhu, from memory or from a digital quran. But can't touch the mus'haf itself without wudhu.

layla is here
09-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Interesting post.
I enjoy reading in bed too:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.