/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A little help pls

AnonymousPoster
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
i keep geting muscus in my throat shall i swallow it or cough it up? i prefer to swallow because im already ill if i cough all the time this happens i myt get a chest infection, but even though its disgusting will swallowing it break my fast, because it is irritating me and coughing it up is drying up my throat and hurting it.pls pray for me i am always ill:cry:is this bcause i am sinning or allah wishes to test me really hard -sory i have to tell u all this when u are fasting i know it sounds ugly but i need help:'(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
09-08-2008, 10:06 AM
:salamext:

Does saliva invalidate the fast during Ramadaan or not? Because I produce a lot of saliva especially when reading Qur’aan and when I am in the mosque.

Praise be to Allaah.

If a fasting person swallows his saliva that does not invalidate his fast even if there is a lot of it and if that happens in the mosque or elsewhere. However if it is thick like mucus, he should not swallow it, rather he should spit it out into a tissue or whatever if he is in the mosque.
And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allah send blessings and peace upon of Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.
Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth wa’l-Ifta, 1-/270.

If it is asked, is it permissible to swallow mucus deliberately?

The answer is:

It is haraam to swallow mucus whether one is fasting or not, because it is considered to be dirty and it may carry diseases produced by the body. But it does not break the fast if a fasting person swallows it, because it does not come from blood and swallowing it is not regarded as food or drink. If he swallows it after it reaches the mouth, it does not break the fast. From the words of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy on him. See al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 6/428.

Source

--------------

May Allaah grant you shifaa and may this illness be a means of purification of your sins, Ameen!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
lifes all about struggling... but that doesnt mean it has to be disliked.

may Allaah ease your burdens

Güven
09-08-2008, 10:13 AM
:sl:

First of Allah is Not Punishing You cause Everyone Sins Thats Not the cause
And A hadith reported by Al-Bukhari supports this view: “The Prophet (pbuh) further said: "When Allah wants good for a person, he afflicts him with difficulties and hardship." so think about it :)

and about that muscus thing I think its better To Caugh it cause swallowing Will Make more and I heard That Drinking Alots of water Breaks Down Muscus So after The Iftar Yo should Try .
And I dont think swallowing will Break The Fast Cause Your Intention is Not Like You want it , Its Because You have Troubles With your Throat.

Wa Allahu Alim!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
oh jazakallah khair ukhtee and guven ur posts helped me the most

but ukhtee ur one is contradictory but i will spit it out. i dont want to make up for anymore :cry:broke to many already

ameen @ibnabdul

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2008, 10:33 AM
^ if you break out of illness and pressure inshAllaah dnt worry too much about it.

dont forget that islaam is a tolerant and easy religion. do NOT make it hard for yourself.

inshaAllaah just keep a bin right next to you, i did that whilst fasting before, my dad did it before me and he made it look so kool. teh way he would spit and stuff, its not hard honestly :) !

AnonymousPoster
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ if you break out of illness and pressure inshAllaah dnt worry too much about it.

dont forget that islaam is a tolerant and easy religion. do NOT make it hard for yourself.

inshaAllaah just keep a bin right next to you, i did that whilst fasting before, my dad did it before me and he made it look so kool. teh way he would spit and stuff, its not hard honestly :) !
fasting is not at all difficult for me but my sternum (is that what its called) is bruised up due to depression and i always puke so my throat is real sore thats why i dont want to spit it out but its k
may allah accept your dad and grant him janah
ow now i got tumy pains ahh is there an end to allahs blessings:statisfiehopefuly all my sins will be washed away this ramadan

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2008, 10:48 AM
^ then do what my dad did when he had those problems, he'd let it build up n build up n build up till his cheeks would be puffed like so:

then he'd spit it all out at once

btw your not alone, i know others suffering a lot this ramadan aswell, someone i know decided "i'll either die or keep every fast!!!" lol mashaAllaah.

i do NOT advise you to do that btw :| but inshaAllaah everything is for the best

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ then do what my dad did when he had those problems, he'd let it build up n build up n build up till his cheeks would be puffed like so:

then he'd spit it all out at once

btw your not alone, i know others suffering a lot this ramadan aswell, someone i know decided "i'll either die or keep every fast!!!" lol mashaAllaah.

i do NOT advise you to do that btw :| but inshaAllaah everything is for the best

Assalamu Alaikum
oh that looks nasty.k i know which one i would be picking

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!