/* */

PDA

View Full Version : advice to you all

Ummu Sufyaan
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
:sl:
whenever you see a brother or a sister walking past and it seems they are hesitant (because you-i.e the opposite gender-are there), please back off/turn away, etc a little as to let them walk by. some people are really shy to even walk past the opposite gender.

just a reminder.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Wa'alaykum salam

JazakAllahu khayran sis.

If I ever see a shy brother I'll cross the road for him :)

WassalamuAlaykum

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-08-2008, 12:39 PM
You must mean congested places?

Ansariyah
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Wa'alaykum salam

JazakAllahu khayran sis.

If I ever see a shy brother I'll cross the road for him :)

WassalamuAlaykum
:haha: sorry but *chuckles*

Isnt it suppose to be the other way around?..

You know what I dont get..lol..How some of us Muslims are shy (eg) Brothers are very well mannered when they see sisters and want to do the runner...and Sisters all feel lik ah as tho they can't breathe when they see a Muslim guy.

But how about around the Kufars?..:rollseyes, don't get me even started. I see some really funny things.

The rule is for all living beings not only for "around Muslims".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
09-08-2008, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

IsBut how about around the Kufars?..:rollseyes, don't get me even started. I see some really funny things.

no...dnt get me started,it scrazy here in america

but the sis is right

the point is that we should be modest in every way possible

:w:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Would a sister be more worried if she seen a bro start to back away and turn his back as soon as he seen her? I think it depends on the situation and place

ayan333
09-08-2008, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Would a sister be more worried if she seen a bro start to back away and turn his back as soon as he seen her? I think it depends on the situation and place

defenitly,all depends on the situation

if your jus walking and a bro is walking toward you then jus lower ur gaze,i mean dnt stare...he shouldnt jus make a quick u-turn if ur in public,in that case he would get no were cuz he'll have to turn every time he saw a sis,ALLAHO A'lam

but if ur in a strair well alone the the bro should defenitly stop n stand aside to let u pass..which most do

Pk_#2
09-09-2008, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

defenitly,all depends on the situation

if your jus walking and a bro is walking toward you then jus lower ur gaze,i mean dnt stare...he shouldnt jus make a quick u-turn if ur in public,in that case he would get no were cuz he'll have to turn every time he saw a sis,ALLAHO A'lam

but if ur in a strair well alone the the bro should defenitly stop n stand aside to let u pass..which most do

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

If we were at the bottom of the stairs, i'd rather have the brother go up first than stand there and watch me go up first, but I still think it's polite if they wait, better than pushing past you or walking alongside you, I hate touchy people :thumbs_up

As for Non-Muslim brothers, they usually walk right next to you, when I'm with my momma they cross the road Lol, maybe it's cause of her niqaab, we say it from far away that such and such will cross the road jus before he/she approaches us, and they always do!! :statisfie It never happens when I'm just there, it's annoying because they're almost touching you when they walk beside you :-[

JazakiAllahu khair sis Ramz =) Hope you're feeling the Ramadhan spririt now Heh, *wub*

ayan333
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

If we were at the bottom of the stairs, i'd rather have the brother go up first than stand there and watch me go up first, but I still think it's polite if they wait, better than pushing past you or walking alongside you, I hate touchy people :thumbs_up

As for Non-Muslim brothers, they usually walk right next to you, when I'm with my momma they cross the road Lol, maybe it's cause of her niqaab, we say it from far away that such and such will cross the road jus before he/she approaches us, and they always do!! :statisfie It never happens when I'm just there, it's annoying because they're almost touching you when they walk beside you :-[

JazakiAllahu khair sis Ramz =) Hope you're feeling the Ramadhan spririt now Heh, *wub*

true,i would also ratherhim come up first but most brothers jus stand there n let u go down first,im referring to us walking in different directions
yes beacause if we were walking in the same direction i would defenitly want him to go first...actually i haev this problem at school..i serve as a student aid so i haveto take new,or lost students to there classs cuz i school is so huge,anyway i have to lead the way of course and when were going up the strairs i feel so...so..i dnt no the word..maybe i should jus let them go ahead wen we get to the strairs although im sur eto get a couple of weird faces

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2008, 08:32 AM
You must mean congested places?
I guess. my point was that if you see the opposite gender is too shy to even walk by -Just because your're there- even if its at a difference ...then move over a little.
I mean you’re not going to be bothered if the distance is quite large.
But sometimes it could just be something like a car park or something (and yes, iam thinking of a particular situation here)

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
You know what I dont get..lol..How some of us Muslims are shy (eg) Brothers are very well mannered when they see sisters and want to do the runner...and Sisters all feel lik ah as tho they can't breathe when they see a Muslim guy.
But how about around the Kufars?..:rollseyes, don't get me even started. I see some really funny things.
Yeah deffo :) Probs depend on how the bro/sis composes themselves as well. I mean if ya all smiley and that, than you come across as a friendly person, etc which would make people more inclined towards you….you know people feel more comfortable to be around you. …but if you were the type of person who is quite, not so smiley :X etc., than people know that you’re a little ‘unapproachable,’ and would be a little cautious on how they approach you. Lol…I mean yu don’t act like that to the same gender :p…

So yeah, maybe they’re like that because that the way the sis/bro come across as…get me? :)

Btw, im not making an excuse and saying that what they do is right :uuh:
Would a sister be more worried if she seen a bro start to back away and turn his back as soon as he seen her?
im not sure about other girls, but no, I would be happy :X
BUT
I think it depends on the situation and place
Na3am, for sure. I mean if it’s a huge place where you’re completely opposite each other, than I guess it could come across as a little offensive.

Danah
09-09-2008, 08:47 AM
the same is going here........in the arabian Gulf region

if the girls see a local guy *some of them* will covered up or feel shyness, while if they saw any other nationality crossing by..................."no response"
act like no one passing

its very ridiculous :raging:

------
09-09-2008, 09:32 AM
:salamext:

Lol inshaAllaah @ original poster

IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
back-off... turn away? lol

i normally walk right past - gaze down - nice distance between us

the whole U-turn... isnt that asking too much :|

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2008, 11:30 AM
sorry, i didnt literally mean back-off...no turn away is what i meant. i just meant it along the lines as turn your gaze, dont look at her if shes walking by, etc
^how do u mean u turn...did i mention that :?

i normally walk right past - gaze down - nice distance between us
but what if one of you is standing there, whilst the other needs to walk by...thats what i was thinking of when i said turn away.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
^ ooh lol, yes of course, no one directly faces a muslimah as shes walking by if his not on the move, thats just weird

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Alhamdulillah in my experience the bro has always either backed off a little, lowered his gaze and allowed me to pass, or if it was a door- waited for me to go through first. Alhamdulillah for our bro's in Islam! :)

WassalamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
lol...alhamduliah...i had a different experience. i was at our musallah carpark the other night and i was waiting for my bro...but there was this other bro there...and stopped when i saw him and every now and again i would look towards his direction as to see if he had turned around or something...so eventually i stopped lest he thought i was checking him out or something :muddlehea it was just so frustrating, 'cos my bro was waiting and i thought he would've been getting annoyed for waiting so long :X but alhamdulilah allah gave him the common sense to drive to me :exhausted:statisfie:D

Al-Zaara
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
^ I didn't get that. Was the other male in your way and you waited for him to go away?

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
^ I didn't get that. Was the other male in your way and you waited for him to go away?
I think she stopped in her tracks because he was there, she's saying maybe that bro's should move out the way when they see another sis there...Allahu A'lam :)

Al-Zaara
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Huh? I'll wait for her to answer, inshaAllah. :D

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Lol maybe thats best huh.

But yeh...Lower ya gaze, best solution there is fishlings.

WassalamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
I think she stopped in her tracks because he was there, she's saying maybe that bro's should move out the way when they see another sis there...Allahu A'lam :)
yeah pretty much...except not necessarily move, just atleast turn around so that he wasnt facin me if i were to walk by :-[ :D...

and btw the same applies to a sis :)

what she said :p :D

btw, im no where near suggesting that the bro had evil intentions or anything...but people just should have that common consideration...its like when u ask someone a personal question (not knowing they would feel uneasy about it) and then they become uncomfortable and that...but then the person asking the qn continues harassing them even though the other becomes really awkward...just leave them alone already...:) thats my point :D

Sanam
09-10-2008, 03:23 AM
yes definitely bro/sis should move out of the way!

I'm so shy walking pass any brother that I stand on a side until the brother is gone! and that happens so often that I reach at my destination "LATE!"

BNDGR
09-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Asalam alaikum,
this happens to both the brothers and sisters, I try to follow keeping my gaze down and keeping distance.
Situation like this happens for me when leaving Mosque, everyone gathered outside and very little room to go thru I feel kind of nervous to offend anyone, so I put my head down and walk thru.

youngsister
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM

Isnt it suppose to be the other way around?..

But how about around the Kufars?.., don't get me even started. I see some really funny things.

SPOT ON!

Also can the brothers please not stand out the Mosque, hows a sister supposed to come out..

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
^Yes! thank you:D

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 11:32 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol SubhanAllah. Thing is, I'm 99% sure all of our brothers on LI know this already since they have beautiful Akhlaaq Masha'Allah :)

WassalamuAlaykum

F0z14
09-10-2008, 11:34 AM
sis how are u today?

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
wa alaykum us-salaam.
yeah i was just reminding...:) the sisters too :)and what about the 1% that dont :p

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F0z14
sis how are u today?
Sis...:D I'm ok alhamdulillah but thats kinda off-topic :p we're gonna get a mass deletion of posts if you continue like this :skeleton: :blind: :-[ ttyl insha'Allah

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
and what about the 1% that dont :p
May they realise soon :raging: :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.