/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will the world end on Wednesday(10/09/2008)?

Mikayeel
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Be a bit of a pain if it did, wouldn't it? And the most frustrating thing is that we won't know for sure either way until the European laboratory for particle physics (Cern) in Geneva switches on its Large Hadron Collider the day after tomorrow.

If you think it's unlikely that we will all be sucked into a giant black hole that will swallow the world, as German chemistry professor Otto Rössler of the University of Tübingen posits, and so carry on with your life as normal, only to find out that it's true, you'll be a bit miffed, won't you?

If, on the other hand, you disagree with theoretical physicist Prof Sir Chris Llewellyn Smith of the UK Atomic Energy Agency, who argues that fears of possible global self-ingestion have been exaggerated, and decide to live the next two days as if they were your last, and then nothing whatsoever happens, you'd feel a bit of a fool too.

Rössler apparently thinks it "quite plausible" that the "mini black holes" the Cern atom-smasher creates "will survive and grow exponentially and eat the planet from the inside". So convinced is he that he has lodged an EU court lawsuit alleging that the project violates the right to life guaranteed under the European Convention of Human Rights.

Prof Llewellyn Smith, however, has assured Radio 4's Today programme that the LHC - designed to help solve fundamental questions about the structure of matter and, hopefully, arrive at a "theory of everything" - is completely safe and will not be doing anything that has not happened "100,000 times over" in nature since the earth has existed. "The chances of us producing a black hole are minuscule," he said, "and even if we do, it can't swallow up the earth." So, folks, who do you believe?

Source : http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...hysics.physics
I just read this, and I just wanted ur opinion. It sounds rather sad, to me, a scientiest trying to make a name for him self!?

:w: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, if it does work without global destruction it might lead to new theories on galaxy travel and so on.

Ali.
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
The Guardian posted this...?

I thought the story came from a random guy who was spreading his idea to the World.

Oh well, I don't really think it'll happen anyway.

There was also another article about this saying that 'new particles will be created'. Scientifically, I thought that was not possible.

Fishman
09-08-2008, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
There was also another article about this saying that 'new particles will be created'. Scientifically, I thought that was not possible.
:sl:
They aren'tnew particles, just old ones that haven't been seen since the big bang.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I thought that every Muslim would know (believe) that it can not end until after a great war and Second Coming of Hazrat Eesa ibn Marriam!

Mikayeel
09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
I thought any half-educated Muslim would know (believe) that it can not end until after a great war and Second Coming of Hazrat Eesa ibn Marriam!
U are correct :)

And indeed i do not expect any muslim here to believe this.

doorster
09-08-2008, 06:35 PM
^^ jazakillah/jazakaAllah khair

truemuslim
09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
No, it'll end on December 12, 2012. Silly people. :rolleyes: nah im kidding thats just what the shia say.
Nobody can say when the world ends, besides we haven't gone through the minor or major signs of judgement day, and wednesday is in two days.
this is just another one of them things people like to do when their bored.
How is this from gaurdian?? wow. watch bbc get this, and cnn, and fox. hah.
:)

Kas1m
09-08-2008, 06:44 PM
so two days left huh? its ok. im already married. im safe. i better put my seat belt on just in case. is the ride gonna be bumpy?

What a load of rubbish, in other words? :enough!:

Saadet
09-09-2008, 02:40 AM
I read quite an interesting article on the LHC recently, it listed any number of ways in which its activation could destroy the earth, from opening black holes to the creation of strange matter ('gray goo') which has an inert self-replication effect. All rather exciting.

But let's look on the bright side: it's Ramadan! So even if we all do die, the gates of hell are closed.

Saadet
09-09-2008, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
No, it'll end on December 12, 2012. Silly people. :rolleyes: nah im kidding thats just what the shia say.
The Shia say that? I thought it was the Mayans...

islamirama
09-09-2008, 03:21 AM
You wanna see the end of the world?

here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3G0rvCIJc

------
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
:salamext:

It can't end tomorrow because the ending of the world will be on a friday

Allaahu Aalim

aamirsaab
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
The experiment will probably fail like it did last time. They mentioned it on this steven hawkings documentary a few months ago (on channel 4) - apparently, they need bigger apparatus for the experiment to actually work.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
^ yeh but this one spans miles, 300 feet underground with temperatures 100,000 times hotter then the centre of the sun.

they sound pretty serious lol

as for the end of the world, not till the signs occur :p

Sanam
09-10-2008, 06:05 AM
the world will end when Allah wills! nothing happened so far lol! I heard the news last night! for a minute I was in panic then I relaxed thinking... lets just wait and watch coz whatever happens happens with the will of Allah!

but personally I think... scientists are fooling people!!! trust me!!!

Saadet
09-10-2008, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
You wanna see the end of the world?

here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3G0rvCIJc
That was pretty neat. But judging by the shadow cast by that thing, I think it would be more apt to described the video as 'earth being hit by another planet'.

Kas1m
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
They turned on the machine today at 8:30 am but nothing happened

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
They turned on the machine today at 8:30 am but nothing happened
lol they've explained before its going to be weeks before anything noticable happens

Kas1m
09-10-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah i read it in news. its rubbish the whole theory

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
yep as if the environment required for the big bang can ever be re-enacted

how farfetched can scientists get eh !

Güven
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
yeah they Are Just Foolish , What Are They Trying To find out anway ?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
how we came to be i guess?

Güven
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
how we came to be i guess?
lol Maybe If They Dont Find Anything and give up And Then They Convert To Islam :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
lol Maybe If They Dont Find Anything and give up And Then They Convert To Islam :D
lol i doubt it, they'll find another extremely silly way to find out why they exist :p

Kas1m
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
they say that the doomsday machine will create numerous black holes and it will destroy the solar system.

My own version of it: the doomsday machine will create a big big big black whole and it will swallow the whole solar system including us then we will spend 1000 years time travelling and then...still to decide lol

Dr.Trax
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM

Here you go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7604293.stm

barney
09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
We havnt blown up yet because they havnt crossed the beams. They just fired them one way, switched it off and fired it the other way.

Whatever you do, dont cross the beams!

truemuslim
09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
yeh ok this is so sadly hilarius. where are scientists going ?? like i used to say kepler and dem ancient old dead guys would get beaten by smarter people today, but wow. this is sad. lemme guess , it was american scientists? if so then it totally makes sense. people here claim their houses are haunted by ghosts, they got abducted by aliens, etc, and their actualy serious about it.
now seriously can anyone actually say when the world ends?? other than god that is.
(answer: no)

waji
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM

First of all the World will end a time which is set by Allah
and our lives will end any time that is also set by Allah
so
Don't worry about the world its not yours nor you can't control it
but worry about yourself because you can control yourself and on the Day Judgment Allah will ask about it

Our Death is our Qayamat (Day of Judgment) because after death we will again get life on the Day of Judgment but you can't do any thing that day
So Stop Thinking about World Think about your life and be prepare for the Day of Judgment
May Allah Help all of us (Ameen)

Kas1m
09-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I loved ghost busters when i was a kid. they were the thing back then lol

Dr.Trax
09-11-2008, 10:59 AM

THE DOCUMENTARY on BBC:

The Big Bang Machine#Part1#
Media Tags are no longer supported

The Big Bang Machine#Part2#

The Big Bang Machine#Part3#

The Big Bang Machine#Part4#

The Big Bang Machine#Part5#

The Big Bang Machine#Part6#

The Big Bang Machine#Part7#

Malaikah
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM

Why would you call them foolish if you don't even know what they are doing?

yep as if the environment required for the big bang can ever be re-enacted

how farfetched can scientists get eh !
Seeing as how the whatever billions of of dollars needed to fund this project came from thousands of different physics research centres world wide, I somehow doubt they'd be devoting all their time and hard-to-get money on this project if they thought it had no merit at all.

Güven
09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Why would you call them foolish if you don't even know what they are doing?
Well I do know What they Are Doin
If Scientist Are Trying To find Out how All This Is Created? By Making A Machine? I think thats ......Foolish

doorster
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Seeing as how the whatever billions of of dollars needed to fund this project came from thousands of different physics research centres world wide, I somehow doubt they'd be devoting all their time and hard-to-get money on this project if they thought it had no merit at all.
That is right!

We should all be striving for knowledge and like keltoi mentioned on first page "it might lead to new theories"

fromgenesis
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
As most of you guys have indicated, the world will end when God wills. There are however prophecies that must be fulfilled before the world ends and that has not happened yet. The antichrist must still appear as well.

FatimaAsSideqah
09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Hmmm, nothing is happen on yesterday! :rollseyes Only Allah Taala can do to put this world to end when He wants to!

It is not a vague hope that things might happen as we want them to. Many non-Muslims take insha'Allah to mean it might happen. We might see them tomorrow. We might pass our exams. But for Muslims it doesn't mean "might." It means that we are totally certain that Allah Taala is in control of all things. We are certain that the sun will not come up tomorrow unless Allah wills it to be so. We know for a fact that night will not follow day unless, insha'Allah, Allah Taala wills it to be so.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
That is right!

We should all be striving for knowledge and like keltoi mentioned on first page "it might lead to new theories"

no matter how you look at it, the expense outweighs any benefit it can bring...

it really is an injustice to spend so much whilst the world is in such a poor state

doorster
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
no matter how you look at it, the expense outweighs any benefit it can bring...

it really is an injustice to spend so much whilst the world is in such a poor state
then we wonder why Muslims are lagging behind in everything (and with exception of Pakistan) no Muslim country has produced a scientist of repute for a century or 3 (except individual Muslims in foreign universities and labs)

Mikayeel
09-11-2008, 06:42 PM
then we wonder why Muslims are lagging behind in everything (and with exception of Pakistan) no Muslim country has produced a scientist of repute for a century or 3 (except individual Muslims in foreign universities and labs)
It might be because very few of those muslims can have the finance backup to go to a university, and get their footstep printed in this world!

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
First of all, everything they discovered is way more than what anyone else discovered, and second, have you not noticed the money they have? You think every country in the middle east is rich like the US and has financial backup to get into college? No.
and third...ahem..is this even on topic?:D

doorster
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
It might be because very few of those muslims can have the finance backup to go to a university, and get their footstep printed in this world!
Are Majority of Muslim countries lacking resources? how long has saudi arabia and the like been poverty stricken for?

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Are Majority of Muslim countries lacking resources? how long has saudi arabia and the like been poverty stricken for?
Saudi arabia is ONE country, the uae and the saudi arabia are the ONLY rich countries, you think they go giving out money all over to all the countries around them?

doorster
09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
First of all, everything they discovered is way more than what anyone else discovered, and second, have you not noticed the money they have? You think every country in the middle east is rich like the US and has financial backup to get into college? No.
and third...ahem..is this even on topic?:D
it is a reply to http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...ml#post1003364

all we, collectively seem to do is whine and moan about west, whilst moving there sponging of their social security and education systems and letting our own countries (some of which are rich beyond belief) go to hell

doorster
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Saudi arabia is ONE country, the uae and the saudi arabia are the ONLY rich countries, you think they go giving out money all over to all the countries around them?
you are either misunderstanding me or just distorting to be cool.

BtW what is the latest Saudi invention?

I am out of this thread (before someone comes along to threaten me)

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
you are either misunderstanding me or just distorting to be cool.

BtW what is the latest Saudi invention?

I am out of this thread (before someone comes along to threaten me)
ahahaha comedian ainta

and nobody said saudians are smart. actually i would say they the dumbest people in the east :-[ well at least the "prince" and his men are. they just overflooding in money its clogged ther brain.
but id also say americans are dumb. considering they get lower and lower in science and the world.
and when u say we let out countries go to hell while wining about the west, then what the hell bring the WESTERN soldiers to our muslim lands?? Can we not "whine" about them being in OUR country and all that while they WHINE about us being in ther country??? where are u from man??

oh yah btw muslims invented algebra and the best medications in the WORLD!! that actually WORK unlike the dumb americans medications. the whole science is best done by arabs. they also invented mathematics, astronomy, medicine, philosophy etc etc, all the great things that the later scientists needed to invent smaller things.

ok and since u've runaway . tis done. peace :D

'Abd-al Latif
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
I just read this, and I just wanted ur opinion. It sounds rather sad, to me, a scientiest trying to make a name for him self!?

:w: :)
The Prophet (saws) said: The best days on which the sun has risen is on Friday: On it, Adam was created, on it, he was admitted to Paradise and on it, he was sent out of Paradise and the Hour will not be established except on Friday."

[At-Tirmidhi, narrated by Abu Hurairah (r) in Marfu Hadeeth which he decleared to be authentic]

'Abd-al Latif
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws that the Prophet (saws) said: "The best of your days is Friday. On that day Adam was created; on that day he died; on that day the Trumpet will be blown and on that day all of creation will swoon. So send a great deal of blessings upon me, for your blessings will be shown to me." They said, "O Messenger of Allah, how will our blessings upon you be shown to you when you have turned to dust?" He said, "Allah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets, peace be upon them."

[Abu Dawood, 1047; classed as saheeh by Ibn al-Qayyim in his comments on Sunan Abi Dawood, 4/273; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 925.]

barney
09-12-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEu_SE77GpI

Steve says evrythings fine.

AvarAllahNoor
09-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Only Allah knows when the world will end, just like he alone knew when he created it, all this nonsense talk by people is absurd.

Malaikah
09-14-2008, 04:53 AM
If Scientist Are Trying To find Out how All This Is Created? By Making A Machine? I think thats ......Foolish:w:

Believe it or not, that is how science works. Things are done in machines, or on the bench top, and they do give reliable results.

It's just like how medicines and stuff are first developed by testing and experimenting in animals, usually mice, before testing on humans.

~ Sabr ~
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
:salamext:

Will you look at that....we are still alive!!!! :ooh:

Galaxy
01-13-2012, 10:54 PM
10-09-08 is not as popular as 2012, I've been hearing of 2012 since 2008.

Ramadhan
01-15-2012, 12:28 PM
When's the next doomsday after 2012?
Has a new one been created and popularized?

sis muslimah
01-19-2012, 11:02 PM
hmm im suprised they havnt given the exact date yet :D btw who came up with 2012 domsday?

Who Am I?
01-19-2012, 11:19 PM

Even the head Maya dude has said that he doesn't understand from where people got the 2012 Doomsday prediction.

But then people have been predicting the end of the world for centuries, so apparently it is a popular pasttime. ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.