/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to Islam

KobiG
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Peace to all,

I am new to Islam and I have questions before submitting. Can someone help me? I come from a Christian background.

Saint Paul spoke this 520 years before Muhammad was born: “But even if we or an Angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” Muhammad received the Qur’an from an angel called Gabriel. Why do Muslims believe in an angel rather than directly from God?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Thread Approved

جوري
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
'St' paul AKA Saul was a nemesis of Jesus.. whose advise should you heed? the one who turned God into man and divided him by three, gave him a mother and afflicted him with death as defies all the laws of monotheism? Or the Man who tells you worship the one God?

peace

_ALI_
09-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Salam
Saint Paul spoke this 520 years before Muhammad was born: “But even if we or an Angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” Muhammad received the Qur’an from an angel called Gabriel.
You are probably quoting Saint Paul from the Bible. Well, according to Muslims, along with many historians, Bible is not an authentic scripture. The Bible we have now is not the Injeel (The Gospel) given to Jesus by God. So any quote from the Bible is unauthentic for Muslims. Furthermore, you are quoting Saint Paul, who never met Jesus. Saint Paul is the self made apostle of Jesus. How can we consider his word to be true? I would advise you to read what Jesus said in the Bible. But first, let me bring your attention to this Quranic verse
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' " Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6
But if you read the bible, you will find the word Ahmed (Muhammad’s PBUH other name) nowhere. Translate Ahmed (one who praises) to greek and you get the word Periclytos. Still, you cannot even find Periclytos in the greek Bible. But since we Muslims believe that Bible is corrupted, the word periclytos also got corrupted into “paracletos” translated comforter in :

1. John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter (paracletos), that he may abide with you forever."

2. Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter (paracletos) is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth (The bible uses the word spirit synonymous with prophet in many places e.g 1 John 4: 1, and Muhammad PBUH was also known as ASSADIQ, meaning truthful) which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

3. Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter (perecletos) will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. "Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures
Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

4. Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".
Muhammad PBUH did glorify Jesus. He recognized him as one of the mightiest messengers of God, born miraculously and performed many miracles.
So listen to Jesus, not Paul.
Why do Muslims believe in an angel rather than directly from God?
Well because the Quran says so and because Prophet Muhammad also said that he was receiving God's word through Angel Gabrael.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aboveinfluence
09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi KobiG

Welcome and thanks for showing interest in Islam.

You asked "Why do Muslims believe in an angel rather than directly from God?"

The right answer is that we Muslims belief that Allah(the One and Only God) revealed the Quran and it was through Angel Gabriel he send the revelation to Muhammad. It has been the way of God when He sends His message to mankind that He uses an angel, God does not speak directly to men and the only person he did was Moses. So as Muslims we do not belief Gabriel revealed the Quran but rather Allah who did.

Hope this answer helps you.

Peace.

YusufNoor
09-11-2008, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KobiG
Peace to all,

I am new to Islam and I have questions before submitting. Can someone help me? I come from a Christian background.

Saint Paul spoke this 520 years before Muhammad was born: “But even if we or an Angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” Muhammad received the Qur’an from an angel called Gabriel. Why do Muslims believe in an angel rather than directly from God?

Thanks.
:sl:

Welcome and thanks for showing interest in Islam.

like Jesus[pbuh], Muhammad[pbuh] was a warner(of the hellfire) and a bearer of glad tidings(Good News of the Kingdom of Allah[swt]). they both preached Islamic Monotheism, so it's the same Gospel.

as for

Why do Muslims believe in an angel rather than directly from God?
the vast majority of Christians believe that Jesus was god, AND YET you quote Paul even though he NEVER met Jesus[pbuh] in the flesh!

btw,

Muhammad received the Qur’an from an angel called Gabriel
it's the SAME angel Gabriel[as], that brought the news to Mary[as] of her future child, the Messiah Jesus[pbuh]. why would we believe him for Mary[as] and NOT for Muhammad[pbuh]?

:w:

KobiG
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
'St' paul AKA Saul was a nemesis of Jesus.. whose advise should you heed? the one who turned God into man and divided him by three, gave him a mother and afflicted him with death as defies all the laws of monotheism? Or the Man who tells you worship the one God?

peace
Peace, I do not condemn Muslims, I wish you well and not harm. But I ask that you open your eyes to the writings of the gospels, they contain the words of Jesus. Help me understand the following before I submit to Islam. Notice what the Qur'an says:

وأنه هو أمات وأحياوأنه خلق الزوجين الذكروالأنثىمن نطفة إذا تمنىوأن عليه النشأةالأخرىوأنه هو أغنى وأقنى وأنه هو رب الشعرى
Waannahu huwa amata waahya waannahu khalaqa alzzawjayni alththakara waal-ontha min nutfatin itha tumna waanna AAalayhi alnnash-ata al-okhra waannahu huwa aghna waaqna waannahu huwa rabbu alshshiAAra

And certainly Him, He caused to die, and He gave life. And certainly Him, He made (ready) The Husband and wife, The Male and the female. From a quantity of pure water, when emitted. And certainly in Him (is) The Resurrection, the last. And certainly Him, He fulfills the needs, and He is most preservative. And certainly Him, He, the Lord of the Bright Morning Star. (53.44 – 49)

The context of this ayah gives us great insight that the liquid “nutfatin” pertains directly to Jesus Christ, as indicated in the last ayah, in which He is directly referred to as The Morning Star, same as the title of sura 86.

Further, look at all the things listed up to The Morning Star proclamation:

He died
He gave life
He prepared the Female (mankind) to be with Himself (The Male)
He is the final Resurrection

Muslims and the Qur'an say allah had no son but does the Qur'an contradict itself here?

يأهل الكتب لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الله
إلا الحق إنما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله
وكلمته ألقيها إلى مريم وروح منه فءامنوا بالله
ورسله ولا تقولوا ثلثة انتهوا خيرا لكم إنما الله
إله وحد سبحنه أن يكون له ولد له ما في
السموت وما في الأرض وكفى بالله وكيلا

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on “allah” except The Truth (is) only the Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, “allah’s” messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe by “allah”, and his messengers, and they do not say "Three." Refrain (it is) certainly agreeable to you, only “allah” one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son, truly his what is in the heavens and in the earth and He sufficed by “allah”, a witness.

How do I believe in the Qur'an?

قل أوحي إلي أنه استمع نفر من الجن فقالوا إنا سمعنا قرءانا عجبا

Qul oohiya ilayya annahu istamaAAa nafarun minaaljinni faqaloo inna samiAAna qur-anan AAajaban

72.1 Say: "Was revealed to me that he, he heard people from the demons, so they said: 'Truly we heard a wonderful collection.'"

Here it is clear that parts of the Qur'an was written by demons! Should we people believe in the words of demons or in the words of G*d? Know the significance of G*d is One by knowing Jesus.

KobiG
09-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks to all and peace. Should I submit? Can someone help me with something I found in Arabic:

وأنه هو أمات وأحياوأنه خلق الزوجين الذكروالأنثىمن نطفة إذا تمنىوأن عليه النشأةالأخرىوأنه هو أغنى وأقنى وأنه هو رب الشعرى

Waannahu huwa amata waahya waannahu khalaqa alzzawjayni alththakara waal-ontha min nutfatin itha tumna waanna AAalayhi alnnash-ata al-okhra waannahu huwa aghna waaqna waannahu huwa rabbu alshshiAAra

And certainly Him, He caused to die, and He gave life. And certainly Him, He made (ready) The Husband and wife, The Male and the female. From a quantity of pure water, when emitted. And certainly in Him (is) The Resurrection, the last. And certainly Him, He fulfills the needs, and He is most preservative. And certainly Him, He, the Lord of the Bright Morning Star. (53.44 – 49)

The context of this ayah gives us great insight that the liquid “nutfatin” pertains directly to Jesus Christ, as indicated in the last ayah, in which He is directly referred to as The Morning Star, same as the title of sura 86.

Further, look at all the things listed up to The Morning Star proclamation: He died; He gave life; He prepared the Female (mankind) to be with Himself (The Male); He is the final Resurrection

Muslims say allah had no son but what does the Qur'an say here?

يأهل الكتب لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الله
إلا الحق إنما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله
وكلمته ألقيها إلى مريم وروح منه فءامنوا بالله
ورسله ولا تقولوا ثلثة انتهوا خيرا لكم إنما الله
إله وحد سبحنه أن يكون له ولد له ما في
السموت وما في الأرض وكفى بالله وكيلا

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on “allah” except The Truth (is) only the Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, “allah’s” messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe by “allah”, and his messengers, and they do not say "Three." Refrain (it is) certainly agreeable to you, only “allah” one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son, truly his what is in the heavens and in the earth and He sufficed by “allah”, a witness.

I need clarification... why do translations misquote the Arabic? God has a Son.

YusufNoor
09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Peace be upon those who follow the guidance,

here's better interpretation of 53:

42:
Muhsin Khan: And that to your Lord (Allah) is the End (Return of everything).
43:
Muhsin Khan: And that it is He (Allah) Who makes (whom He wills) laugh, and makes (whom He wills) weep;
44:
Muhsin Khan: And that it is He (Allah) Who causes death and gives life;
45:
Muhsin Khan: And that He (Allah) creates the pairs, male and female,
46:
Muhsin Khan: From Nutfah (drops of semen male and female discharges) when it is emitted;
47:
Muhsin Khan: And that upon Him (Allah) is another bringing forth (Resurrection);
48:
Muhsin Khan: And that it is He (Allah) Who gives much or a little (or gives wealth and contentment),
49:
Muhsin Khan: And that He (Allah) is the Lord of Sirius (the star which the pagan Arabs used to worship);
this translation is also based upon At-Tabari, Al-Qurtubi and Ibn Kathir. so nothing in this Surah, or any other part of the Qur'an, would claim that Allah[swt] has sons, daughters OR partners.

4:171:

171:
Muhsin Khan: O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All*Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

is that clearer?

check out the Bilal Philips Foundations of Islamic Studies video. it's down at he bottom of the page. He explains Tawheed, the Oneness of Allah[swt], during the 1st couple sessions:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=288

May Allah[swt] guide you and make it easy on you!

:w:

_ALI_
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Salam
Let me explain the quoted verses to you
053.044 وَأَنَّهُ هُوَ أَمَاتَ وَأَحْيَا
053.044 That it is He Who granteth Death and Life;
This verse is talking about God. Only He grants life. That's pretty clear. No Jesus mentioned.
053.045 وَأَنَّهُ خَلَقَ الزَّوْجَيْنِ الذَّكَرَ وَالأنْثَى
053.045 That He did create in pairs,- male and female,
Again, God created men and women, pretty clear.
053.046 مِنْ نُطْفَةٍ إِذَا تُمْنَى
053.046 From a seed when lodged (in its place);
So Allah created both men and women from Nutfatun, which is translated as seed here. It has also been translated as "drop of sperm" by Moulana Maududi and as "drop (of seed)" by Pickthal. Anyway God created both men and women from Nutfatun.
053.047 وَأَنَّ عَلَيْهِ النَّشْأَةَ الأخْرَى
053.047 That He hath promised a Second Creation (Raising of the Dead);
This refers to the day of resurrection. Moulana Maududi gave this verse' explanation as
When this verse is read with the two preceding verses, the sequence by itself seems to provide the argument for the life-after-death also. The God Who has the power to give death and grant lift and the God Who brings about a creature like man from an insignificant sperm-drop, rather brings about two separate sexes - malt and female - from the same substance and by the same method of creation, cannot be helpless to resurrect man once again.
SOURCEwww.tafheem.net
053.048 وَأَنَّهُ هُوَ أَغْنَى وَأَقْنَى
053.048 That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction;
Again pretty clear. God has the power to give wealth and satisfaction.
053.049 وَأَنَّهُ هُوَ رَبُّ الشِّعْرَى
053.049 That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);
Why does God call himself Lord of Sirius, a star. It is because some pagans at the time of the prophet worshipped Sirius. Explanation given by Maududi is
The pagan Arabs also held the belief that this star influenced human destinies. That is why they worshipped it as a deity, and the Bani Khuza`ah, the neighbouring tribe of the Quraish, were particularly well-known for being its devotees. What Allah says means: 'Your destinies are not made and controlled by Shi is but by the Lord of Shi'ra.
It is like I would tell a Christian, don't worship Jesus Christ, worship the Lord of Jesus Christ. Worship the God Jesus Christ himself worshipped.
There is no insight given that nutfatin pertains directly to Jesus Christ. I don't know of a single scholar of Quran who says that these verses refer to Jesus Christ. Nowhere in the context is it written that these verses refer to Jesus Christ. Read the verses. Male and female were made from Nutfatin. Are you saying that if nutfatin=Jesus Christ, then male and female are made from Jesus Christ? And he is not referred as morning star. There is no mention of morning star in the last verse. It is Sirius, not morning star. And I explained why Sirius is mentioned. No scholar of Quran has ever said that Sirius=Jesus here. But even if I agree with you (which I certainly don't), then the verse says:He is the lord of Sirius, so according to you, He (God) is Lord of Sirius (Jesus). We Muslims agree that Allah is the Lord of everyone, including Jesus.
Further, look at all the things listed up to The Morning Star proclamation: He died;
He did not die, He gave death, read the verse.
;
He gave life;
I agree here, God gave life.
He prepared the Female (mankind) to be with Himself (The Male);
No He created male and female, read the verse. And when did mankind become female?
He is the final Resurrection
No He ordained the final resurrection i.e Judgement day.
Muslims say allah had no son but what does the Qur'an say here?
Not just Muslims, Quran itself says Allah has no son.
112.001 قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ
112.001 Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
112.002 اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ
112.002 Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
112.003 لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
112.003 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
Al-Qur'an, 112.001-003 (Al-Ikhlas [Sincerity])
Furthermore,
019.088 وَقَالُوا اتَّخَذَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَلَدًا
019.088 They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"
019.089 لَقَدْ جِئْتُمْ شَيْئًا إِدًّا
019.089 Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!
019.090 تَكَادُ السَّمَاوَاتُ يَتَفَطَّرْنَ مِنْهُ وَتَنْشَقُّ الأرْضُ وَتَخِرُّ الْجِبَالُ هَدًّا
019.090 At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin,
019.091 أَنْ دَعَوْا لِلرَّحْمَنِ وَلَدًا
019.091 That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious.
019.092 وَمَا يَنْبَغِي لِلرَّحْمَنِ أَنْ يَتَّخِذَ وَلَدًا
019.092 For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.
Al-Qur'an, 019.088-092 (Maryam [Mary])
Text Copied from DivineIslam's Qur'an Viewer software v2.910
I can also quote a few other verses. But let us examine the verse you quoted.
O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth.
Meaning don't go to extremes. Jews went to one extreme, saying that Jesus was an imposter, which we strongly disagree with. Christians went to the other extreme by calling him God. We also disagree with that.
Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him
He is not God, instead he was just a messenger of Allah
so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah
Pretty simple, there is no concept of trinity in Islam. Also I have a Bible in my computer and I can search different words in it. For example GOD is mentioned 3892 times in the Bible. Jesus is mentioned 942 times. Want to know the number of times trinity is mentioned? Zero. But this word trinity is mentioned in the Quran here. Funny thing. Christians believe in trinity but their book does not contain this word. Muslims don't believe in trinity and their book has the word trinity right here.
Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son.
Now this is what you hilighted. This verse means that God is too pure, too great, too exalted to have a son. It does not say that God actually has a son.
To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
This is pretty self explanatory
I need clarification... why do translations misquote the Arabic? God has a Son.
I hope I cleared it for you. Now coming to the Bible, there is nowhere in the entire Bible where Jesus Christ himself says I am God or where he says worship me. Instead the Bible says
John 14:28 my Father is greater than I
John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
How can a God say I can do nothing?
Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.