/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let The Death Of Others Be A Lesson For Us...

chacha_jalebi
09-09-2008, 05:30 PM
as salaam ma alaykam

how much times have we heard so and so die, and we will jus say inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon, and wont take lesson from it, i know it sounds awkward and even selfish but we need to take a lesson from others deaths,

lately in life ive been like told so n so died and today on Li, i seen 2 threads about people dyin and its really like shockin, like it makes you realise we could be next, today we are here and one second later we are not, today we are on top of the ground, tomorow we can be under, we cant take life for granted, so i know it may seem awkward, but others deaths need to be a reminder to us,

like hadhrat Ali (ra) once at a janazah he said “if this man could come back he would comeback and do more deeds, because if he is bein punished, he would obviously have wished to do more good, but if he is not punished, after seein the rewards and mercy of his lord, he will still wish he could comeback and do more good, to have a higher rank with Allah (swt)”

May we learn from our mistakes, and may people and Allah (Swt) forgive us for our shortcomings and may we be able to do as much good as we can inshallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Ameen, good post akh

Güven
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Ameeen, JazakAllahu Khair

Woodrow
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
:sl:

We are all too often unaware as to how close each of us are to death. We began dieing the second we were born. Both a new born and an elderly old man are the same distance from death......one heartbeat away from it.

Let us keep the thoughts of deceased loved ones and friends as a reminder, death is always close and will often come without notice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
09-09-2008, 07:05 PM
so true:(

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
:salamext:

JazakAllahu khayran Akhee :( *sigh*

WassalamuAlaykum

ayan333
09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
:sl:

reminds me of this video

so true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJmJCmJNDKo

:w:

BNDGR
09-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Wa alaikum salam brother,
Excelent post.... it is so sad to hear when someone passes away and you don't every know when it will be your time. We should strive to please Allah everyday and do our very best deeds and treat everyone kindly since we don't know this could be our last day here and we need to remind ourselves that we will be judged on our actions and we should make every minute of every day count.

aboveinfluence
09-10-2008, 07:38 AM
You know lately there isn't a day that goes by which i don't hear about death and someone dying. The more days pass by the stronger i feel my time is coming(which is sadly true). I hope we all make our preparations for the long journey to come which so many of our brothers and sisters have undertaken and many will.

I would like to share this verse from a beautiful poem i once listened to, it says
"The angel of death over looked you and took the souls of you brothers
and one day he will come to you and overlook others."

It cant get any clearer than this. Let this be a lesson for all of us.

youngsister
09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
:sl: Subxanallah I think about death but is weird i cant really imagine myself dying i know i will and it can be now if Allah swt wills..dont know i guess i need to build up my Imaan and think about death more often.

------
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM

SubhaanAllaah its not easy to stop sinning sometimes bro , even if it is minor and a habit.

barney
09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
With Big Bang Day being today, I was reading a webpage about it and my 11 yr old said "so are we going to die today?", in a slightly panicy way.

"Hmmph Probably,"I said,"so lets spend the day doing something positive....go and clean your room"

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
one more addition to the thread

Hadhrat Umar Ibn Abdul Aziz (rahimallah talaa) who was a bootifull then bootifull tabieen, he would have gatherins and the only thin they would talk about in them gatherins was death, punishment of the graves and jahannam, like purely these topics, thats why subhanallah he was always cryin,

but its difficult, if not impossible to be like that! may Allah (swt) give us the tawfeeq and the strength to remember what this world really is, and how important the akhirah really is:D

Amatullah_
09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Assalaamu alaykum

Very true and very sad indeed. We live as if we're gonna live forever, not caring enough that Angel of Death is heading our way very very soon. This is something not just to ponder over but also to make preperations for. We should ask ourself how much have we prepared for our death...for our meeting with Allah SWT??? This is all reality. We're going to be with the rest ...under the earth...

I know I havent prepared enough...not even nearly enough so I need to do something serious about it before its too late. Its the month of Ramadhan...what a great time to make an effort on our Imaan.

May Allah take our souls with the kalimah flowing on our lips, May He make our death an easy one and a good one, May He take our souls only when He is pleased with us. And May He make the grave a garden of Paradise for us and not a pit in hell. Ameen.

Dua please...for this sinful soul.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.