PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

jackb
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I am a member of a number of forums.
I'm a 55 year old male.
Islam is never out of the news.
Never off the forums.
I find myself defending Islam and imigrants endlessly but ...
Realise i'm not qualified as as a mere observer.
An observer from afar as i moved from Manchester over twenty years ago to North Wales and open spaces.
I hear all these arguments and see much venom ...it's the venom that always concerns me.
Venom is usually produced through fear.
I visit my home town of Manchester and see Islamic streets.
It's the only real perception i get of what the gripers are griping about.
But even I as Mr tolerant and understanding ...feel ...feel some concern about whats happening.
The places i visit are no longer ...'English'.
No longer Christian.
Some would even like British law replaced with Islamic law.

I fear that this situation isn't going to end happily.
How do the British white westerners deal with this situation.
We can't pretend it isn't a situation that is growing.

Can Islamic tradition and law survive ...thrive ...in a semi Christian semi Godless western society?
Should it be allowed to thrive and if so ...why?

Thank you for listening.
Your ....honest ...replies would be appreciated.
Yours Jack.

P.s ...i don't offend easily so don't be shy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jackb
09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Couls someone please direct me to where i can ask simple questions that are in with a chance of a reply?
I don't want to post a question in an area that may be wrong or rarely visited.
Thanx.

Mikayeel
09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Hello there, a very interesting first comment u made!

I would love to see how peoples reaction would be. I will drop my views later on or tomorrow :) As for now welcome to the forum, and have a great time here.

Also to note, hope u like it in north wales? Very rural isnt it? I am from the capitall of wales. Hope u become an active member!

جوري
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi new member.. you'll have to forgive the members today, we have lost a dear member 'Eli', and it is affecting us badly, there might be some delay to your queries, but rest assured your concerns and questions will be answered..

welcome to the forum

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jackb
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
Hello there, a very interesting first comment u made!

I would love to see how peoples reaction would be. I will drop my views later on or tomorrow :) As for now welcome to the forum, and have a great time here.

Also to note, hope u like it in north wales? Very rural isnt it? I am from the capitall of wales. Hope u become an active member!

Thanbkyou for a warm welcome raOnar.

In this age of information my poor old mind is bombarded with it daily.
It has even become a major form of entertainment in my life.
All this information is neither knowledge or wisdom.
It is simply information.
A head full of information could be a head full sand.
A very barren place.

Where do i ask a question?

jackb
09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Hi new member.. you'll have to forgive the members today, we have lost a dear member 'Eli', and it is affecting us badly, there might be some dely to your queries, but rest assured your concerns and questions will be answered..

welcome to the forum

peace

Thank you for explaining.
:cry:

جوري
09-09-2008, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jackb
Thank you for explaining.
:cry:
Thank you.. you may learn of our dear friend on this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-me-peeps.html

peace

jackb
09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Thank you.. you may learn of our dear friend on this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-me-peeps.html

peace
Just been reading it but thanx for the link.
Obviously a much loved old lady.
Love and peace to her and her family and friends.:cry:

jackb
09-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Can anyone direct me to the story of creation ...in a modern English language version please?

BNDGR
09-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the forum,
sorry I am a recent revert and couldn't even begin to speak on your thread,.
Just wanted to welcome you and let you know that some of us (me) would respond if we were more knowledgeable, I do look forward to hearing discussions though.

Pk_#2
09-14-2008, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jackb
Just been reading it but thanx for the link.
Obviously a much loved old lady.
Love and peace to her and her family and friends.:cry:
Aww thankoo =(

& welcome,

Ask questions in 'general' or if it's a refutation or something 'comparative religion'

Or make a new thread anywhere the mods will move it..

jackb
09-15-2008, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
Aww thankoo =(

& welcome,

Ask questions in 'general' or if it's a refutation or something 'comparative religion'

Or make a new thread anywhere the mods will move it..

Thank you very much.

Woodrow
09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Pleased to meet you Jack. i will answer what I can and perhaps direct you to places you can find better answers.

I am an american living in Minnesota and South Dakota. I am 68 years old and a revert to Islam. Part of my past experience was as an American Soldier. I faced some of the same concerns you now face.

My wife is near my age, she is a native American, Cheyenne tribe. The 2 of us are probably the least likely people you would expect to be Muslim.

You will find that non-Muslims need have no fear of shariah Law. It can not be applied to non-Muslims.

Feel free to ask questions, I will try to answer.

جوري
09-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Greetings again J

here is an account of creation from Islamic perspective compared to all other religions/ideologies'

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...tml#post175487

cheers

Re.TiReD
09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
[MOUSE]Welcome to the forum[/MOUSE]

jackb
09-15-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Pleased to meet you Jack. i will answer what I can and perhaps direct you to places you can find better answers.

I am an american living in Minnesota and South Dakota. I am 68 years old and a revert to Islam. Part of my past experience was as an American Soldier. I faced some of the same concerns you now face.

My wife is near my age, she is a native American, Cheyenne tribe. The 2 of us are probably the least likely people you would expect to be Muslim.

You will find that non-Muslims need have no fear of shariah Law. It can not be applied to non-Muslims.

Feel free to ask questions, I will try to answer.
Wow ...unlikely is an understatement:thumbs_up
Tell your lovely warrior princess i just finished reading a very sad but informative book which i'm sure you will both know of ...
Bury my heart at wounded knee.
Thankyou for your reply.
I'll get the questions together soon.:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!