/* */

PDA

View Full Version : growling stomach

Girl86
09-10-2008, 09:16 AM
salaam,

Its so embarrassing for me to ask dis quesion but its much more wen i experience it infront of everyone. Actually when i am fasting i start to feel hungry at 10ish and my stomach starts to growl so loud that everyone can hear it.... i work in an company and in our cabin there only 4 people including me so theres isn't much noise or anything to mix up this growling with....LOL and i am sure everyone know that its me.... and its soooooooooooooooooooo embarrassing for me that i didn't go to office yesterday and today and i won't untill i find a quick solution to stop this....... PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ help me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
:salamext:

Sis if you're hungry its gonna happen (I think :p) So...erm....eat a lot at Suhoor? Lol sorry I have no real advice since I dont think you can stop it

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
whats so embarassign about a growling stomach?

it just means your hungry lol

Tanya Khan
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
^ She probably means it sounds like something else. lol :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
^ She probably means it sounds like something else. lol :D
Lol well insha'Allah she's gotten into the habit of fasting now so it prolly doesnt growl as much :D

layla is here
09-20-2008, 06:49 PM
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu
Here is an interesting link I found on webmd to help you manage your meals to prevent hunger pains: six ways to overcome hunger

islamirama
09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
wa'alaikuma s'salaam,

1. it is sunnah to eat suhor in morning so make sure to eat something.
2. good food to eat is something that takes longer to digest and get absorbed in your system, like proteins (eggs, milk, cereal, meat, etc).
3. dates are also good to eat with the meal.
4. drink about 2 glasses of water in the morning as well, the symptoms of thirst/dehydration are same as hunger so you think your hungry when your thirsty

5. lastly, weather you eat your meal in morning or evening, eat your meal slowly. Do not eat fast, do not shove the food down, do not gulp the water down in a hurry. Chew your food and eat it at a normal pace. Sit down and drink any thing, do not breathe into the glass while drinking, and drink in intervals stopping to breathe rather then all of it at once. All this will help you digest food better and prevent any air going down with the food or drink and thus produce gasses or growling in the stomach.

Try these

5 ways to avoid ramadhan weight gain 5 ways to avoid ramadhan weight gain

Eight don't After A Meal Eight don't After A Meal

Ramadan Health Guidelines Ramadan Health Guidelines

*~~AdAn~~*
09-22-2008, 05:04 PM
:w:i have no idea sis:X

papa_smurf
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Get some weetabix down u at suhoor. :)

Amatullah_
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
No matter what you eat or how much...your stomach is still gonna feel hunger and 'growl'. Thats natural. But one thing is for sure, we know we're going to have a good meal at Maghrib. How about those who has no food at all and doesnt know when they'll get food? Imajine what they're stomache feels like and how they're stomache 'growls'.

Mikayeel
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
:sl:

U need fibre and slow digesting food (as islamirama said). Eat this at sa7uur time, this should keep u going for some time. The fibre will fill u up quicker and it will leave u filled up for some time.

layla is here
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatullah_
No matter what you eat or how much...your stomach is still gonna feel hunger and 'growl'. Thats natural. But one thing is for sure, we know we're going to have a good meal at Maghrib. How about those who has no food at all and doesnt know when they'll get food? Imajine what they're stomache feels like and how they're stomache 'growls'.
Good reminder. At least we have only a temporary wait for food.
She could practise reciting Quran to hide the sound of the growl then everyone would be reminded it is her muslim fast that caused the growl:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.