View Full Version : So....

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
my colleague next to me is listenin to music/chatting to girls

the one next to him is playing his guitar

the one behind us is talking with foul language

and im sitting here fasting

guess how my emaan is....

yeah this is a rant for once :-\ fasting at work SUCKS !!! and people wonder why im on LI so much ;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
:sl:
Just get an ipod and listen to it...
i didnt know people are allowed to do that at work :confused: :?

Re.TiReD
AssalamuAlaykum

SubhanAllah :-\

But get this...

Its my sisters 1st day at college...

She's making new friends although she doesnt really like the place...

She's having an alright time with some Muslimah's

And now she's on her break, they asked if she wanted to come out with them for a smoke :-\

I feel for you all...:-\

WassalamuAlaykum

'Abd al-Baari

:(

It's the same at school, even worse, as most of our Muslim Students, can not refrain from listening to music or swearing in every sentence and generally flirting whilst their fasting..:(

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
Just get an ipod and listen to it...
i didnt know people are allowed to do that at work :confused: :?
wa alaikum ussalaam

you think i can actually concentrate on what im listening to in this environment? :-\

and yeah my work place is uniquely fitnafied ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
AssalamuAlaykum

SubhanAllah :-\

But get this...

Its my sisters 1st day at college...

She's making new friends although she doesnt really like the place...

She's having an alright time with some Muslimah's

And now she's on her break, they asked if she wanted to come out with them for a smoke :-\

I feel for you all...:-\

WassalamuAlaykum
no prayer room? college and work are two different worlds im my opinion, i loved college... its where i built up my deen from scratch !

It's the same at school, even worse, as most of our Muslim Students, can not refrain from listening to music or swearing in every sentence and generally flirting whilst their fasting..
hmm.. for me school wasnt so bad, maybe because i wasnt so islamic back then :exhausted

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
just turn it up real loud..without going deaf...

and yeah my work place is uniquely fitnafied
no i mean its a little laid back...i mean they arent paying you to sit around and relax...or are they:confused:

cant you stay home from work during ramadan...my brother is :X well for the past couple days he has been, and he plans to keep it that way, inshallah.

@ akhee abdul baari, ahki just go in a corner and read abook or something...like what i used to do:-[ (for a completely different reason)

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
no prayer room? college and work are two different worlds im my opinion, i loved college... its where i built up my deen from scratch !
Allahu A'lam. But everybody needs company...all she has are some non-muslims and muslimah's telling her to smoke *bangs head against wall*

jzcasejz
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
One's playing a guitar, and another one's chatting to girls... at work? I didn't even know that's possible lol.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
^ thats what i was wondering...well about the guiter anyway

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Allahu A'lam. But everybody needs company...all she has are some non-muslims and muslimah's telling her to smoke *bangs head against wall*
aww...just give her words of encouragement inshallah and tell her to fear allah...but nah, if that were my sis...i would tell her to ditch them:D

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 11:56 AM
:wasalamex

If work is that cushy what you expect, lol

Yeah @ Ramlah, she just finding her feet today...I mean like getting to know the place.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
just turn it up real loud..without going deaf...
i dont like turning up quran/nasheeds too loud... dnno it takes the peace away from it

no i mean its a little laid back...i mean they arent paying you to sit around and relax...or are they:confused:
its summer, term time hasnt started so us workers get to slack a bit

cant you stay home from work during ramadan...my brother is :X well for the past couple days he has been, and he plans to keep it that way, inshallah.

@ akhee abdul baari, ahki just go in a corner and read abook or something...like what i used to do:-[ (for a completely different reason)
i used up all my holidays, gnna get them back next month... after ramadan finished :exhausted

hmm... when i was in college i spent half the year with the bad crew till i found the good, i use to sit around wiv em whilst they munched haram, n ditch them when they flirted... but we stayed mates... til i found the good bro's

One's playing a guitar, and another one's chatting to girls... at work? I didn't even know that's possible lol.

anything goes here bro :p getting the job done is all that matters, anything else goes after that

Ummu Sufyaan
09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
i dont like turning up quran/nasheeds too loud... dnno it takes the peace away from it
how do you mean too loud...cant you still have earphones in your ears at moderate volume but still have the background noise drained :?

its summer, term time hasnt started so us workers get to slack a bit
so why dont you just stay home or go to the masjid or something:? i hope im not being too nosy here :-[ :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
^ nah not nosy at all sis

well i still have to be "present" at work, the boss needs to know im in, then he goes back to his office and chills out himself

Tania
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Ohh dear, i hope i will not be too curious if i ask you where do you work - not the company name but what its doing this company. :-[

Far7an
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

You're working for Islamica?! :O

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 12:31 PM
oh, i see
you cant just 'sign in' then escape again
i would if i didnt fear being dishonest in my work :D

Ohh dear, i hope i will not be too curious if i ask you where do you work - not the company name but what its doing this company.
its an educational institute

You're working for Islamica?! :O
they are far from educational :p

Pk_#2
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Ahh I'm sorry you are going through this,

Living in this dunya means a tough time for Muslims, mind you that isn't a bad thing, if it gets tough, try switching jobs, even move countries if you have to, there's so much you can do to avoid it, you just gotta start doing it, this is also an ideal time to give da'wah, go for it,

Try telling them to stop first, if this fails, tell the boss to set guidelines for you and your colleagues to follow,

All the best.

doorster
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz

I have had around 17 employers over past 32 years and none of them would stand for/tolerate such behaviour

noorseeker
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Seeing people sinning and doing haram should make you want to be even stronger in your imaan, meaning you will be more determined to stay away from sin.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster

I have had around 17 employers over past 32 years and none of them would stand for/tolerate such behaviour

relaxing a bit once the job is done is all well and good

your employers sound like people i would hate to work for

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Seeing people sinning and doing haram should make you want to be even stronger in your imaan, meaning you will be more determined to stay away from sin.
what a rare breed you are if that is the case for you...

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2008, 01:56 PM
bless ya akhi, jus think of it as your doin a jihaad with your fast innaay,

and wheneva im in a similar situation, jus remem this hadiths its comfortin...

"Allah says: I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself, and if he remembers me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his..." [Bukhari]

so like erm jus remember Allah (swt) and he will remembeaa you, and you should inshallah get more reward for rememberin Allah (swT) in the environment your in

Khalisah
09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I thought you worked in a female free zone?...

'Persevere with patience; for assuredly the promise of Allah is true. Do not let those who have no certainty of faith be able to shake your firmness' (30:60)

'Be certain that your Lord will pay back to all (full recomense) of their deeds. He knows all that they do' (11:111)

noorseeker
09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
well last night at work, they had the music on so loud , you cant stay away from it , especially when the tracks you used to listen to come on.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkchocolate
I thought you worked in a female free zone?...
(11:111)
i do sis, i dont have a single female colleague here, but the internets full of em... and he has msn/webcam the whole set.

well last night at work, they had the music on so loud , you cant stay away from it , especially when the tracks you used to listen to come on.
yep know what thats like bro

"Allah says: I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him to Myself, and if he remembers me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his..." [Bukhari]
jazakAllaah khair :)

noorseeker
09-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Theres people sinning everwhere you go brother, and thats just work, i wish i could avoid the dunya . but i cant, i get scared sometimes to go out, and stay at home for fear of my my gaze wondering.

qassy!
09-10-2008, 02:04 PM

and im sitting here fasting
Are you in college or work?, if its work how the hell can they get away with that?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
^ the boss sits in his own office

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Theres people sinning everwhere you go brother, and thats just work, i wish i could avoid the dunya . but i cant, i get scared sometimes to go out, and stay at home for fear of my my gaze wondering.
yea i know that feeling too, and the fear of how u know its going to affect your heart yet you have to go through it.

you know the difference in how i feel during the night and during the day is AS different as the earth from the heavens

qassy!
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
what company is it ?

So the females and males are chatting to each other?
Someone is playing music on their gutair?
Sonone is swearing?

Ansariyah
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
*(*

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
^ its calmed down a bit now, guitar boys been sent to fix something

the one who was flirting (online whilst listening to tunes etc) got sent on a job too

the ones swearing are still around, but i think they're watching something now lol

i work for an educational institute, its summer term, no students around, its quiet and the boss is away.... so :p

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
And Ive been asked )by this guy at school) "If I want to go out wit him"?
im guessing your making a point here?

this is just my rant thread to be honest, i know lifes a struggle till death.

hey i aint ever really had a rant thread before, it feels kinda good lol

noorseeker
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
wouldnt it be great if you were the boss, then you will have your own office, away from fitnah lol

Ansariyah
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I was ranting jst like u were.

I will edit my post.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
wouldnt it be great if you were the boss, then you will have your own office, away from fitnah lol
one day inshaAllaah :D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I was ranting jst like u were.

I will edit my post if u have issues wit it.
sorry i didnt mean to offend, i think its my lack of smiley usage lol :-[

its ok, btw if you really hate boys checking you out, you know what to do

Khalisah
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=IbnAbdulHakim;1002719]i do sis, i dont have a single female colleague here, but the internets full of em... and he has msn/webcam the whole set.

Wow all that at work! Thats terrible!.

'Fear Allah, and know that He is with tho who restrain themselves'

'For those who fear Allah, He always prepares a way out' (65:17)

Just the fact that you are here indicates that you fear Allah, May Allah protect you from falling into temptation...May He protect us all..

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Ameen wa jizakAllaah khair

most days i wouldnt even let it bother me ooooone single lil bit, i dunno whats up today

is it because i didnt eat enough at sehri?....

noorseeker
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
its good to let it out sometimes bro, we all have off days, i was shocked that it was you that started this thread, only a few days ago i was thinking about you , thinking this guy is good man, he dont let anything get to him, he always gives good replies, he always says accept qadr.,

Was just thinkin how you manage to stay positive all the time, as i said your allowed an off day, your human.

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Rant threads are lame ... do you feel better now? Hope you do. Eat more dates at sehri and iftaar next time. :BeRightBack:

Ansariyah
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
sorry i didnt mean to offend, i think its my lack of smiley usage lol :-[

its ok, btw if you really hate boys checking you out, you know what to do

Wat ru trying to say? Why can't boys behave themselves! Wearing a Niqaab is not Wajib (although I thank u for the suggestion) but lowering the GaZe IS!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
its good to let it out sometimes bro, we all have off days, i was shocked that it was you that started this thread, only a few days ago i was thinking about you , thinking this guy is good man, he dont let anything get to him, he always gives good replies, he always says accept qadr.,

Was just thinkin how you manage to stay positive all the time, as i said your allowed an off day, your human.
i wish i was as you describe :statisfie

Wat ru trying to say? Why can't boys behave themselves! Wearing a Niqaab is not Wajib (although I thank u for the suggestion) but lowering the GaZe IS!
sis have you ever been a man? do you have any idea the feelings/desires etc which goes through a man, you might aswell try to tame lions then boys who do not have islaam within them...

i respect you honestly, but sis you have to realise the teh prevention recommended strictly by islaam is for the best and here in the west i dont see how a decent sister can survive without it

Rant threads are lame ... do you feel better now? Hope you do. Eat more dates at sehri and iftaar next time.
:-[:-[:-[:-[

:threadclo

qassy!
09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
as this is a rant thread ill make a start

a customer came in broke the phone and claimed it was faulty. I spent just over 30 mins getting through to the customer the different between warranty and insurance!!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
as this is a rant thread ill make a start

a customer came in broke the phone and claimed it was faulty. I spent just over 30 mins getting through to the customer the different between warranty and insurance!!
LoL!!

... so whats the difference? :-[

qassy!
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
LoL!!

... so whats the difference? :-[
warranty covers manufacturers defects, not accidental damage

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2008, 02:38 PM
^ lol i see thanks

Ummu Sufyaan
09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
yeah but if girls are uncovered than boys will check out :skeleton:+o( it the way life goes....no one said its okay...but its a 2 way street :thumbs_up

qassy!
09-11-2008, 08:45 AM

yeah but if girls are uncovered than boys will check out :skeleton:+o( it the way life goes....no one said its okay...but its a 2 way street :thumbs_up
it is the way life goes coming to think about it :-[

IB-Staff
09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Such rants threads are better placed inside gender specific rooms.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!