/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nervously saying hello

cherry
09-11-2008, 01:20 AM
assalam alaikum

Hmm, where do I start? I am 33 years old and brought up without any religious instruction or faith and considered myself an athiest. My family are a combination of catholic and protestant. I feel a very strong pull towards Islam and feel this is where I belong. It just feels right to me, you know? It has been on my mind for some time and then I watched a documentary tonight about Ramadan and it made me feel so strongly that I am a muslim in my heart.

I am a real beginner here and hope you will forgive all my mistakes and endless questions! I hope I don't accidentally offend anyone out of ignorance, and we are here to learn and share knowledge after all, so I ask you to guide and teach me.

I hope I can make many friends here. I just want to devote myself to Allah.

Thank you for reading this:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
coddles76
09-11-2008, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cherry
assalam alaikum

Hmm, where do I start? I am 33 years old and brought up without any religious instruction or faith and considered myself an athiest. My family are a combination of catholic and protestant. I feel a very strong pull towards Islam and feel this is where I belong. It just feels right to me, you know? It has been on my mind for some time and then I watched a documentary tonight about Ramadan and it made me feel so strongly that I am a muslim in my heart.

I am a real beginner here and hope you will forgive all my mistakes and endless questions! I hope I don't accidentally offend anyone out of ignorance, and we are here to learn and share knowledge after all, so I ask you to guide and teach me.

Asalam Alykum ( Peace be upon you )Cherry

May Allah SWT increase that pull in your heart. It's beautiful to here how Allah SWT guides the well deserved people. God Willing Allah SWT will lead you to the highest levels of paradise and make you amongst the ranks of the righteous. Welcome to the forum and do not be shy to ask anything you like. We all all friends here to comfort or support you in anything you require.

"There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (Al-Baqarah 2:256)"

Shadow_of_White
09-11-2008, 01:29 AM
welcome!!! Welcome !! Have a nice stay and ^^ a good experience learning and sharing .
Mila!~

BNDGR
09-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Asalam alaikum Cherry,
this forum is very helpful and informative, you will learn alot.
I am a recent revert and only have been on this board for about 2 wks. I see alot of new people with alot of questions and this is a good place to learn and ask questions.
Take care and I hope Allah continues to guide you in discovering Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimahBarb
09-11-2008, 02:12 AM
:w:

Cherry

Welcome to LI! I can understand the pull that Islam can have, for to me Islam made more sense than Christianity did and I have been more at peace within since embracing Islam. Alhamdulillah(Praise be to Allah) for guiding you towards Islam. As Br. coddles76 said, don't be afraid to ask any questions about Islam you might have. There are so many helpful supportive brothers and Sisters here that are so willing to help when others have questions. We are very happy to have you join us here.

rose17
09-11-2008, 02:50 AM
[S]welcome [/S]
to the forum cherry

Makky
09-11-2008, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cherry
assalam alaikum

Hmm, where do I start? I am 33 years old and brought up without any religious instruction or faith and considered myself an atheist. My family are a combination of catholic and protestant. I feel a very strong pull towards Islam and feel this is where I belong. It just feels right to me, you know? It has been on my mind for some time and then I watched a documentary tonight about Ramadan and it made me feel so strongly that I am a muslim in my heart.

Cherry , how are you? its 5:24 AM and your Post is the 1st post I've read this Day , And Masha Allah it's full of hope , It really Made me Happy.

May I suggest something?

Why don't you start from now?

I just want you to know that lives of the believers are counted by how many Ramadan they reached..Why don't be a Muslim from the moment?

Don't miss the Month?!

Come on !!!

:X :-[

Am I Looking Pushy?!!

Even though

It's a good thing to be pushy in this Case :statisfie

kwolney01
09-11-2008, 04:31 AM
SubanAllah!!!

may Allah guide you to the straight way. I'am a recent convert and I am studing and learning as much as I can. I hope you learn a lot from this forum!
Good luck!!

جوري
09-11-2008, 04:46 AM
:welcome: to the forum..
I hope you enjoy your stay dear member..

:w:

Snowflake
09-11-2008, 05:13 AM
welcome to LI Cherry

....and it made me feel so strongly that I am a muslim in my heart
your words warmed my heart so much. May Allah's mercy and this forum lead you to accepting Islam soon, God willing.

take care :)

coddles76
09-11-2008, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
welcome to LI Cherry

your words warmed my heart so much. May Allah's mercy and this forum lead you to accepting Islam soon, God willing.

take care :)
InshAllah I pray that Allah SWT will lead Cherry to Islam aswell, It would warm all our hearts to know that she is a part of the muslim Ummah. Once Again Cherry, we are all here to help in anything that you may require.

Pk_#2
09-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Haallo ma lil cherry dumpling..:-[

Come hither...give us a hug, :statisfie

Welcome & be good.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
welcome to the forum, hope you learn loads n enjoy your stay :D

nadia85
09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Welcome hope u enjoy it here

Güven
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome!! This is The Perfect place to learn about Islam ,
And Dont be Nervous About anything , If you have any Questions Dont hesitate to ask

Have A Nice and beneficial Stay :D

FatimaAsSideqah
09-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Cherry. Nice name!:thumbs_up

Welcome to LI Islamic Forum, our new member!

You can ask ANY of questions to us, then we can trying our best to answer back. Let you know here is the best place for you to learning more about Islam because it is the best of Islam forum.:D

I will pray for you to coming into the light of Islam.

Sister Fatima

UmmSqueakster
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum and to Islam! Check out the link in my siggy for some good reads, although I think some may be broken. I have a more up to date collection of good reads for newbies on my blog http://rahma.hadithuna.com/converts/

cherry
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
thank you everyone for welcoming me:D

Ansariyah
09-12-2008, 10:44 PM
dnt be nervous, have fun posting:bump:

Welcome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!