/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Eid to me???

BNDGR
09-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Asalam alaikum everyone,
can someone explain or provide me a good link to explain what Eid is??
I appreciate all your help and patience with my questions :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
09-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Thread Approved.

Nájlá
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM

Enjoy Yourself

Allah Almighty has ordained `Eids after the performance of obligatory acts of worship as occasions for the Muslims’ recreation and for the rejoicing of family, relatives, and neighbors. `Eids are also ordained for the Muslims to comprehend the sublime values and meanings of Islam, which strikes a balance between the needs of the soul and the needs of the body, and between the soul and matter. Islam never neglects the human nature, its basic needs, and its innate desires, which always incline toward recreation, amusement, and trying to forget pains.

In this way, `Eids represent chances for permissible recreation, which Allah has made lawful, without prodigality or stinginess, for the Muslims to refresh themselves and be ready to do their work in the best way.

On `Eid, the real meanings of mercy and solidarity between the rich and the poor become apparent. Those who are granted abundant provision from Allah give from this bounty to their needy Muslim brothers and sisters whether directly, indirectly, or through donations, gifts, and charity fairs. In this way, the poor do not feel the bitterness of poverty during `Eid, nor do they envy those whom Allah has granted abundant wealth because they have given them from it and have not been stingy.

Family and `Eid

`Eid is a good chance to teach children the meanings of mercy, goodness, visiting people for the sake of Allah, maintaining the ties of kinship, loving people, working together in goodness, and giving to the poor and the needy. It is also a great chance to implant the love for Allah and His Messenger in the hearts of our children and teach them the guidance of Islam, which all lead to goodness. Therefore, parents should explain to their children the wisdom of making `Eid immediately after performing the obligatory fasting, in an simplified way, so that children may feel Allah’s favor on them. Otherwise `Eids would pass by without leaving any good effect on their souls. In fact, these `Eids are like gifts that Allah Almighty gives to the people who have completed their fast and all their other acts of worship in the best manner.

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
:sl:

By Shaykh 'Ali Hasan 'Ali 'Abdul Hameed al-Halabi Hafidhahullaah

It is a day in which there is a gathering. The word being derived from 'aada-ya 'oodu he returned, he is returning, as if they are returning to it i.e. 'Eid. It is also said that the word is derived from 'aadah custom/habit, because they have become accustomed to it. The plural of it being 'Ayaad. It is also said: "'Ayaadal Muslimoon" the Muslims celebrate 'Eid, meaning they witnessed their 'Eid.

Ibn-ul- 'Arabee said: "'Eid was named 'Eid because it returns every year with renewed happiness."

The renowned scholar Ibn 'Aabideen said: "'Eid was titled by this name because in it is the customary beneficence of Allaah, the Most High, i.e. various forms of kindness that return, everyday upon His servants. From these are: "Fitr" (eating) after food had been prohibited, Sadaqatul-Fitr, completion of the Hajj by the Tawaf of visiting, the meat from the sacrifices and many other acts. Also because the custom in 'Eid is joy, happiness, cheer fulness and gladness."

The Mercy of Allaah for the Prophetic Ummah by the two Eids

Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Prophet (SAW) came to Madeenah and the people of Madeenah had, in Jaahileeyah two days for play and amusment. So the Prophet (SAW) said: 'I came to you and you had, in Jaahileeyah two days for play and amusement. Indeed Allaah has replaced them for you by that which is better than them: The dav of Nahr (Slaughteung) and the day of Fitr (Breaking fast).'"

Do you have any questions regarding 'Eid? It may be easier, rather than posting up a load of articles etc..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Yes I have a question. We never get invited by any of my family for Eid as they are not on good terms with us. I'm married with 2 children.
Is it OK to do Eid on our own? Or does there have to be a big gathering. We are inviting my husbands uncle who is on his own.

BNDGR
09-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Asalam alaikum brothers and sisters,
JazakAllah for the replies, I appreciate you helping me to understand better.
Anonomous, as to your question about having Eid with just your family, I hope someone responds, I'm alone too with my kids. My family is not muslim and are not close and don't really stay close anyway.
Take Care everyone and I look forward to responses on that question too

Na7lah
09-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Is it OK to do Eid on our own? Or does there have to be a big gathering. We are inviting my husbands uncle who is on his own.
u mean the Eid Prayer? that's suppose to be in Jama'ah, as for spending the eid at your town i don't think there's anything wrong with that :) Inshallah someone can post some daleel or something...

:)

------
09-14-2008, 10:07 AM
:salamext:

^ No she didnt mean the eid prayer. She meant getting together and eating and chilling out and stuff.

layla is here
09-20-2008, 07:06 PM
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatulllahi wa barakatuhu
I am taking time this Eid to show islam to my family who are all nonmuslims. I am inviting them to an Eid dinner and cooking for everyone as well as giving them gifts :p Great way to promote tolerance with each other

'Abd-al Latif
09-20-2008, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BNDGR
Asalam alaikum everyone,
can someone explain or provide me a good link to explain what Eid is??
I appreciate all your help and patience with my questions :)
Ramadan Fiqh Issues - Episode 5. Eid

by Sheikh Salim Al-Amry

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...36213272&hl=en

Grace Seeker
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BNDGR
Asalam alaikum brothers and sisters,
JazakAllah for the replies, I appreciate you helping me to understand better.
Anonomous, as to your question about having Eid with just your family, I hope someone responds, I'm alone too with my kids. My family is not muslim and are not close and don't really stay close anyway.
Take Care everyone and I look forward to responses on that question too

Would it be permissable for a Muslim to celebrate Eid with non-Muslim family members (assuming that all in the family were open to it of course)?

north_malaysian
09-23-2008, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Would it be permissable for a Muslim to celebrate Eid with non-Muslim family members (assuming that all in the family were open to it of course)?
Every year, on the Eid my family would do an "open house" (from 10 AM to 11 PM).....friends and neighbours who are Christians, Buddhists and Hindus always come to our house to eat and drink for Eid celebrations... we gave their kids Eid Money Gifts too...

layla is here
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
That is a great idea. I decided to celebrate eid with my nonmuslim family. I am making them gifts and cooking for them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.