/* */

PDA

View Full Version : shayateen locked up???

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:01 PM
assalamu alaikum

i jus gotta question.

when "they" say that the shayateen are locked up during ramadan then what issit that happens? what u benefit? coz im pretty (pretty pretty positive) sure that the shaitan is STILL OUT THER makin peoples do things haram, otherwise this world would be a heaven on earth right? but uglier. :D
and also ...

last time i checked ther were one shaytan not shayateen.

jus ur confused sis again :-[
wa 3alaikum assalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
:salamext:

I think the Main Big/Old ones are locked up, the little ones are still around.

Allaahu Aalim (someone please clarify)

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

I think the Main Big/Old ones are locked up, the little ones are still around.

Allaahu Aalim (someone please clarify)
thers more than one??
huh?? am i like missing like half the info of islam?? :-[:-[

Ali.
09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/37965/shaytan

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sanam
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Asalaamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

its Iblees that is locked up but his students are still loose. but Allah hu Alim,

I was told this in a Hadeeth lesson but I'll be honest with you, I do not remember the Hadith or the reference so don't rely on this as it is without reference best this is to ask a scholar.

SixTen
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
assalamu alaikum

i jus gotta question.

when "they" say that the shayateen are locked up during ramadan then what issit that happens? what u benefit? coz im pretty (pretty pretty positive) sure that the shaitan is STILL OUT THER makin peoples do things haram, otherwise this world would be a heaven on earth right? but uglier. :D
and also ...

last time i checked ther were one shaytan not shayateen.

jus ur confused sis again :-[
wa 3alaikum assalam
Their are 2 opinions.

1) All shaaitans are locked up
2) All the "big ones" are locked up, but some still exist

To do haram, you do not need a shaaitan. Shaaitan is the influencer, like you could have had a bad friend in school who influenced you to do drugs - without the friend - it is still possible to do the sin.

Similarly, it is the nafs which cause you to do sin.

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:10 PM
what? but when did iblis have babies??
why would ther be more than one shaytans??

did allah create them...purposly?

or issit that when shaitan was doin his crappy act of disobeyin allah, the shaytans "students" were behind him taking notes???

jazakumallah khair. :D

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
Their are 2 opinions.

1) All shaaitans are locked up
2) All the "big ones" are locked up, but some still exist

To do haram, you do not need a shaaitan. Shaaitan is the influencer, like you could have had a bad friend in school who influenced you to do drugs - without the friend - it is still possible to do the sin.

Similarly, it is the nafs which cause you to do sin.

well #2 makes sense...but wit questions.

yeh but somewhere i read said that shaitan controls ur nafs. and another place said with out shaitan thers no evil. and somewhere else said all evil is controleed by shaitan.

doorster
09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
what? but when did iblis have babies??
why would there be more than one shaytans??

did Allah create them...purposely?

or issit that when shaitan was doin his crappy act of disobeyin allah, the shaytans "students" were behind him taking notes???

jazakumallah khair. :D
I think they are referring to his workers and friends in human and jinn form

wasalaam

follow the link in this post >> http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1003407

SixTen
09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
well #2 makes sense...but wit questions.

yeh but somewhere i read said that shaitan controls ur nafs. and another place said with out shaitan thers no evil. and somewhere else said all evil is controleed by shaitan.
Ultimately, you are responsibly for your actions. The shaaitan cannot force you to do an action, you know what is right or wrong - so when the devil whispers ideas in your head - you have the knowledge to know what is right and wrong and hence it is not the devil which you can blame for your actions, but your imaan.

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:22 PM
yah but who kills my iman?

SixTen
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
yah but who kills my iman?
Imaan is affected by mental as well as physical practices.

For example, if you desire worldly pleasures so much that your Islam is becoming deficient - when you were told to live as a stranger - you are going to be walking away from the path of Islam. When you do actions, which you know Allah has forbidden. Simply, it is just personal desires and lack of practice or care. It is why you will find, the practicing brother or sis, who's really making an effort to go to the mosque, learn about the deen, read Qur'an - stay with good people and away from bad people will seem to feel far more closer to Allah and have an energised imaan.

If you focus on the afterlife, rather than whining about your current life, you will see difference.

truemuslim
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
yh nevermind thread closed all done. its one of dem things that never make sense so ima jus have to pretend it does. :D

jazakumallah khairan.

Re.TiReD
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
I think they are referring to his workers and friends in human and jinn form

wasalaam

follow the link in this post >> http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1003407
You have disabled ur PM's so I cant reply to yours...My reply was:

Wa'alaykum salam

SubhanAllah I had no idea!

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'un.

Its sad to hear but Qadrullah. May Allah (swt) forgive him his sins and grant him jannatul firdaws. Ameen.

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
09-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Hoold up is ther anything that says that shaytan and nafs are different and tempted by two diff things? like nafs is by u and shaytan only tempts u to do something?? coz i read so many things that say SHAYTAN controls YOUR NAFS.

?

one more time ... :? :)

SixTen
09-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Hoold up is ther anything that says that shaytan and nafs are different and tempted by two diff things? like nafs is by u and shaytan only tempts u to do something?? coz i read so many things that say SHAYTAN controls YOUR NAFS.

?

one more time ... :? :)
It is your responsibility to control your nafs, it is not in the shaaitans control.

truemuslim
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
lol ok i know that. considering u've mentioned that about 50 times, i was asking if thers ...proof. :)

------
09-16-2008, 10:33 AM

Here sis;

The kind of waswaas (whispers) which tempts a person to listen to or look at haraam things or to commit immoral actions, and makes such things appear attractive to him, comes from three sources: the nafs or self which is inclined to evil (cf. Yoosuf 12:53), the devils among the jinn, and the devils among mankind.

Read more here - Sources of waswaas (whispers) and will the Muslim be punished for it?

truemuslim
09-16-2008, 04:50 PM
ah...thanks sis.
i thought yall were runnin away coz u aint got no source. jazakallah khair sis :) :)

chacha_jalebi
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
sister read the link by bro Ali, that sorts it!

suffiyan007
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
sister read the link by bro Ali, that sorts it!
Chacha_jalebi are are hindustani..or singh muslim?

ya syaitan..is lock up when Ramadhan..so we dont have any whispering but still many people doing bad things...

chacha_jalebi
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
Chacha_jalebi are are hindustani..or singh muslim?
im whatever you want me to be :-[ :p

How can sins happen in Ramadaan when the devils are chained up?
I heard the imam mention that the shaytan is not present in the month of Ramadhan. If this is true why is it hard for a muslim to stay away from sins during the month of ramadan even if the muslim is performing his or her regular duties.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The idea that the devils are not present in Ramadaan is not correct. What is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is that the devils are chained up during Ramadaan.

Al-Bukhaari (1899) and Muslim (1079) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadaan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are chained up.”

See question no. 39736.

Al-Qurtubi said:

If it is said, How come we see many evil actions and sins happening in Ramadaan? If the devils are chained up that would not happen.

The answer is that evil actions are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and taking care to observe the proper etiquette; or that only some of the devils are chained up, namely the maarids (strong ones), and not all of them, as it says in some reports; or that evils are reduced in this month, which is something noticeable – fewer evils happen in this month than in others. If all of them were to be chained up that does not mean that evil and sin would not happen, because there are other causes of evil apart from the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 466):

How can we reconcile between the idea that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan and the fact the people commit sin?

He replied:

The fact that sin happens in Ramadaan does not contradict the report that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan, because the fact that they are chained up does not prevent them from moving. Hence it says in the hadeeth: “And the strong devils are chained up, and they cannot achieve what they usually achieve (at other times).” Narrated by Ahmad, 7857; this hadeeth was mentioned by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Targheeb, 586; he said: it is da’eef jiddan (very weak).

It does not mean that the devils do not move at all, rather they can move and lead people astray, but their activities during Ramadaan are not like their activities at other times.
a copy of bro Alis post! but lets jus say its mine now :D

truemuslim
09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
i read that. but i asked about who controls nafs after.
Jazakallah khair to u...and ali (credit for both!)

chacha_jalebi
09-16-2008, 05:45 PM
to a extent you have a control over your nafs, but then shaytan will always whisper stuff to you,

like go on do this n that it dont matter you can repent its the month of ramadan, just do this now and you got so much more days of ramadan to fix up in, heard summin like that before... ITS SHAYTAN! grhhhhhhhh

truemuslim
09-16-2008, 05:47 PM
lol yeh thank u
jus a confused me again.
jazakallah khair :)

Z-Blade
09-16-2008, 05:56 PM
i read that. but i asked about who controls nafs after.
Jazakallah khair to u...and ali (credit for both!)
You ALWAYS control your nafs, nafs are your desires and inclinations. That's why you hear about this thing called "Jihad-un-Nafs" (Striving against the nafs). Shaytaan can only tempt us, but in the end we are responsible for any wrong action, just like in the end we are also responsible for our good actions. The Shaytaan is never an excuse.

14:22
وَقَالَ الشَّيْطَانُ لَمَّا قُضِيَ الأَمْرُ إِنَّ اللّهَ وَعَدَكُمْ وَعْدَ الْحَقِّ وَوَعَدتُّكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُكُمْ وَمَا كَانَ لِيَ عَلَيْكُم مِّن سُلْطَانٍ إِلاَّ أَن دَعَوْتُكُمْ فَاسْتَجَبْتُمْ لِي فَلاَ تَلُومُونِي وَلُومُواْ أَنفُسَكُم مَّا أَنَاْ بِمُصْرِخِكُمْ وَمَا أَنتُمْ بِمُصْرِخِيَّ إِنِّي كَفَرْتُ بِمَا أَشْرَكْتُمُونِ مِن قَبْلُ إِنَّ الظَّالِمِينَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ

And shaytaan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the wrong-doers."

Wassalam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.