/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some people are so ignorant its funny..

Abu Muslim
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Taken from Dhikrullah.com forum which was taken from Ummah forum which was taken from IslamicAwakening forum which was taken from ahlal hadeeth forum and which is now given to islamic board forum lol

http://www.dhikrullah.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=877

*smiles*
====================

Taken from Ahlul Hadeeth

- one layman told a shaykh "photography for memories is okay, as its clear in the quran" so the shaykh said to him: which aya is this that you stumbled upon that no one else has? the layman said: "the daleel is His saying: "and remember, verily remembrance benefits the believers !!!

- a woman in makkah asked sh saleh bin humaid (imam of the haram, waffaqahu Allah) and said that she's been praying, since 40 years, all her salahs as 4 raka'at and she didn't know that fajr was 2 rak'ahs and maghrib 3, until recently - so what is the ruling on her past salahs?

- one man ran 8 times between safa and marwa and he was told that this is not correct, it should only be 7 times, so the man went back and started walking backwards, thinking that this would erase one "running"!

- a shaykh attended a youth event, so the young brothers were divided into groups and each group named themselves after a sahabi and later the brothers were shocked when one of the groups, which has about 5 people, named themselves "ABU JAHAL", thinking that abu jahal is a sahabi! and these people were from one of the cities in which ignorance was spread.

- it was said to some of the people that read quran in funerals (!) that you guys ask for too much just to read a part of the quran? and he replied: "doesn't Allah ta'ala say: "and do not sell my aayaat for a small price"?!

- sh munajjid (Waffaqahu Allah) mentioned that one woman that came to seek fatwa from him asked about the ruling of marrying a christian? so the mufti (ie sh munajjid) sat for a while thinking then he reached the solution and said to her: the answer is either you become a christian and enter his religion or he submits (ie becomes a muslim)!

- the shaykh, the faqih, the qadhi abdul azeez ibrahim al-qasim (hafidhahullah) said an elderly layman did umrah and did sa'i between safa and marwa 14 times, thinking that each coming and going counted as one run, so when he reached the last run (the 14th) he discovered (and if only he didn't discover!) that he did sa'i without tahara, so the miskeen went and did wudhu and repeated the sa'i 14 times again until he was almost destroyed/ruined from how much he ran!

- a masjid in the states used to do jumu'ah on a sundayy, out of ijtihad! and they said that the purpose of jumu'ah is to gather the muslims once a week, and since friday is a working day and sunday is a day-off, so there is no problem, in their ijtihad, to move jumu'ah to a sunday. but Allah swt guided them since a few years (back to the truth)...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Muslim
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
- it is widespread in some cities and villages that for the newlywed fajr is dropped (ie he doesn't have to pray), so it is not binding upon him as he is a newlywed!

- one layman asked a shaykh and said: oh our shaykh, everytime i pray i am sure that i've recited al-fatiha but shaytan comes and tells me that you haven't said it, so should i listen to him and say al-fatiha again?

- a graduate from the college of shariah in the islamic university asked a sh/student of knowledge, regarding Allah's saying: "tabbat yada abi lahabin wa tab" (Perish the hands of Abu Lahab! Perish he! 111:01), he asked two questions:

* who is abu lahab?
* is he a mushrik or a jew???!!!!

- a man asked the imam ibn baaz (rahimahullah ta'ala) and said samaahat al-waalid (father), he then mentioned his question. then the next questioner asked straightaway (and if only he didn't ask): ya shaykh, doesn't the statement (Samaahat al-waalid (Father)) come under the prohibited adoption? so the imam rahimahullah said: no no, this is from respect or a word towards that.

- a student in the college of usool al-deen in the al-azhar university asked the shaykh abu ishaaq al-huwayini (hafidhahullah ta'ala): "was the prophet (Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam)" maliki or shafi'i?!!!!!

- a layman told a sh/student of knowledge, (and he was clean-shaven - nothing could be seen except the remains of the hair from shaving), that the prophet's beard (Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) was like this (little remaining hair from the effect of shaving on the face).

- a teacher in egypt told students in high school that a person that has wudhu and hears the barking of a dog has lost his wudhu - in the hanbali madhab!!! and some of them think that if a woman passes in front of a fasting person, his fasting is void!

- in a fatwa program, a woman called in and asked the shaykh: is singing haram? the shaykh siad: i'll admit that singing is haram! but if we were to say to the people that singing is haram, then they will all commit sin. so me and the committee met and we decided that singing is permissible, but quietly!

- there's a story of one who claimed prophethood, naming himself "LAA" (NO in arabic), so he said: "i am a prophet and the messenger muhammad(sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said "LAA NABI BA'DI" (NO prophet after me). and my name is LAA (NO). so the rasool (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) told the people that i am after him.

- one brother said that he prayed in one of the masjids in riyadh and he found an elderly man after salah saying: "as as as as as as as" and he moves his fingers like there is a tasbih, so the brother said to him: oh uncle, what are you saying? he said: i'm saying as as as as as, so the brother said: and what's the meaning of as as as as? he said: i don't know but i hear the people saying it, so i'm saying it like them. the brother said: i then taught him the correct way of tasbeeh and tahleel and i showed him his wrong and i went.

Question:

"I am a man who collects panties. I don't wear them, but I buy new ones for my collection. Is this haram?"

Answer:

"I don't see anything forbidden in buying panties whether you use them or not. However, if the final intention that you will sometime sell them, they must be subject to zakah on a yearly basis.

Allah Almighty knows best!"

(Source: http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=hfwv3x

Abu Muslim
09-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Question:

"If I literally bite my brother on his back, would that be considered backbiting? Would I have to restart my muraqaba dars?"

Answer:

"In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

If he enjoys it, it is fine in private, but unmanly in public.

If with desire, haram.

If he does not like it, then it is disliked.

If it causes pain, it would be prohibitively disliked.

If it causes serious harm, it would be haram.

In none of the cases would it be considered backbiting, unless it uncovers something about your brother that he does not like uncovered (such as a phobia or physical/emotional weakness).

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam!"

Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
(Source: http://qa.**************/issue_view.a...D=2683&CATE=37

Question:

"I am a person who believes in the existence of Allaah; no matter how far I stray from Allaah, I turn back to Him with humbleness. But I listen to classical music and I think that it is the best thing in my life. It does not provoke desire, rather it helps me to review myself and my mistakes. I feel that Islam is a backward religion when I hear those who say that all kinds of music are haraam. What is your opinion of a person who prays, fasts and calls non-Muslims to Islam, but he listens to clean music that is free of immoral content, or even of human voices?"

Answer:

"With regard to your saying that music helps you to review yourself and your mistakes, this is also very strange. What about reviewing yourself when you wrote these words?"

Islam Q&A
(Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/50687/classical%20music

What is Meaning of the word Pokemon ?

Praise be to Allaah.
We have heard many suggestion as to the meaning of this world, which may be exaggerations made up by some people, or they may rumours spread by competitors.

The correct view is that this is a name that comes from Japan. It is taken from the (English) words “Pocket monster” and means an animal that is small enough to fit in one’s pocket. “Pokemon” is an abbreviation of these two words.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21179/pokemon

zandor
09-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Code:
one man ran 8 times between safa and marwa and he was told that this is not correct, it should only be 7 times, so the man went back and started walking backwards, thinking that this would erase one "running"!
Lol,walking backwards,that was funny :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
09-12-2008, 03:54 AM
there is a question somewhere on islamqa on whether its allowed to use zippers on a woman's dress :\

Snowflake
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Lol!

doorster
09-12-2008, 10:07 AM
who said that; pull that beam outa your own eye before pointing at speck in anothers
(it may be a Christian saying but seems appropriate) nothing else comes to mind since I'm too dim (have no one to ask for help anymore) and am feeling harassed at the moment

IB-Staff
09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I understand how such things can appear to be funny but, in all fairness, I don't think we should take amusement out of other people's lack of knowledge. Who knows, Allah might take away our knowledge and substitute it with ignorance. We are only what Allah has blessed us with, Alhamdulilah, and it's not fair to laugh at what Allah has not blessed another person with.
Well said.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.